Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: I have another thing on my mind  (Read 246 times)

Offline dannysmiles19

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I have another thing on my mind
« on: December 03, 2013, 08:36:47 AM »
I have one thing on my mind that is pretty significant to me, it's a question about people and how they stress me out.

If you have social anxiety, can people become stressors more easily and cause panic attacks?

or is this a learned perception of people, or a developed feeling when people stress me out?

The reason I ask is I care about how people affect me and it sticks with me like glue. If I see a woman that I was involved with that caused me anguish, pain, misfortune...i get so stressed...i obsess, i feel like I'm being desensitized every time i see her in the local store. I obsess every time I drive down the street because her house is close to mine. I look to see if she's outside or if there's a guy there.

I feel like people affect me so much for no good reason...is this social anxiety, anxiety? or is this a learned perception on people? is this a learned behavior? or is this all a part of my social skills?

it affects me so much that I deviate from what I should be doing, getting a job. when i worked at the local store, she would come in and it would send me into a tailspin. i would feel so annoyed, agitated, angry, upset...betrayed...cheated...
Bookmark and Share

Offline dannysmiles19

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I have another thing on my mind
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 08:44:04 AM »
and it's only with women. If a woman hurts me, I feel terrible. I go downhill from it. I feel so hurt when a woman lashes at me and hurts me because I put all of this trust and emotion into this person...and the person ends up becoming a stressor. every time... i swear...when I see her, i tense up...my body tingles...i get so stressed. i have this stress response every time...it brings up all of the pain and anger
Bookmark and Share

Offline Wolfboxer

• Mood: Smart
    Smart
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 09:02:37 AM »
Danny,

Far as I can tell these women are not good for you if the women you seen lash out at you. Relationships are hard even for friends. I know how you feel since I have social anxiety myself. For me I over think too. Like: "Oh this guy/girl has friends and dose not like and using me and with someone else me too dumb for them..blah blah. and so on." Sometimes practicing with people you feel comfortable helps to get out there and meet new people. Like friends you already have or family. Groups too can help if there are some in your area. Mine is the opposite  some. Guys don't fancy me much or they try to get to know me and it ends up not in a like like way. Or friend way. I always feel that guys just will always like me as a friend and girls well if they respect me for the things I like wont want to be either. Never change who you are. You will never be happy. Try new things you can do but just be you.

For feeling ill or tenses up try to clam self. Breathing stuff or counting and saying positive things. Being around people who do help you and love you helps for advice as well. The world is not easy trust me I know.. I over came a lot. Sadly I have no friends irl due to my social anxiety. But I'm not giving up. Some stuff as you but different still. Your still growing up so you will still learn new things. People say give it time I know that sucks but you need to practice more and feel good about being you.

Maybe find women who treat you better or understand you.  Try not to over think and I know its hard. Don't asume there with someone or pity you or anything else bad. Positive thinking has to be there. therapist or group or friends/family can help with that.  I would not treat you bad if I met you. Sorry we can't hang out. =/

But everyone is different we  have to except we cant change them. There thoughts,beliefs, views.  Working on yourself while finding some good people or women. Just don't give on things  will happen to you that are good. Don't give up. People here who care for you and prob help you more than me. Sorry if my advice made no sense. I tried. But I'm here to support you and help you out. Please feel better and keep your chin up ok?

-prettyflowerwolf
Bookmark and Share

Offline dannysmiles19

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 09:35:05 AM »
thank you for your reply... I need therapy most definitely. I need someone to talk to. From what I've experienced, therapy and pills go great together. If you ever need advice, I'm here for you.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: