Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Does anyones HA revovle around throat and face pain ?? Or Am I alone  (Read 165 times)

Offline jenny09

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I have been having difficulty lately with throat issues and jaw and head pains, I try my hardest not to let them get to me but it does eventually. I have been sore under my chin and I get these pains that sometimes happen at the back of my nose like inside and back of head as well as my temple areas. it comes and goes and I can eat and drink fine but it's sore and sometimes painful. I just had my cleaning at the dentist and he checked under my tongue and my throat and didn't say anything except I have TMJ on my left side I can even feel the bone on bone rubbing when I open my mouth. I'm scared but I don't want to run to the doctor for reassurance, so here I am posting again and feeling horrible I just wish I could learn to live for today and quit worrying about dying from some horrible disease. Thanks for reading
Bookmark and Share

Offline jenny09

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Does anyones HA revovle around throat and face pain ?? Or Am I alone
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 04:08:02 PM »
apparently  alone  :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline JER2911

• Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
  • Rec's: 27
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 05:04:02 PM »
Jenny09,

Hi,

You're not alone.  I have many, many issues involving the head/throat/neck area.  I also have TMJ.  Anxiety also causes us to clench our jaws and grind our teeth (even when we aren't aware we are doing it).   This movement puts a LOT of pressure on the head/jaw/neck muscles and joints.  They become inflamed and sore.

I get tons of face pain, twitching, pressure, tingly and pulse feelings in the back of the head, pain that feels like it's in my tonsils, in my ears... I also get this squeezing type pain under my chin and on the sides of neck.   I could go on and on with the sensations that I get in these areas.

But...I have to remember the strain that these muscles, bones and joints endure.  I try my best to remember to release the muscles during the day.  I will hold my jaw clenched for a long time and not even notice until my jaws ache. 

What are you doing to combat your anxiety?
Bookmark and Share
Matthew 6:27  Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

Offline jenny09

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 01:48:22 PM »
Thanks jer2911 I have been given a sample of Prestiq from my doctor but I have panic attacks when I have to try a new medicine so it is still sitting in my cupboard. Just wish I could make my mind believe it's just muscles and joints and not tumors or some incurable autoimmune disease. It is nice to know I am not alone with these neck, face, throat issues. I really appreciate your reply
Bookmark and Share

Offline barrett092

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 05:54:10 PM »
Nope I have terrible Neck/Throat/Face Pain.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: