Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Anxiety has shifted - Anyone have this?  (Read 249 times)

Offline Pingman

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anxiety has shifted - Anyone have this?
« on: December 02, 2013, 10:20:57 AM »
So I started with an MS scare after googling and hearing a great uncle had MS. Have had Health anxiety before 2 years ago with colon cancer scare.

After my first bout with HA that last 2 months, After getting a colonoscopy I got better and for 2 years I was back to my old self and HA free.

With my MS scare, my GP and a Neuro have said they don't think any of my symptoms are MS and are stress related. That gives me some comfort and my leg issue that was my cuase for concern has gotten better. I have been running again.

The issue is that now I seem to have general anxiety where I ahve never had it. I got ot sleep now and worry about waking up at night and shaking like I ahve been for a few weeks now. I have stress induced insomnia. I also find that during the day I get a rush to the head, almost like I am am really hyper sensative and my stomach feels off. Doesn't seem to happen as much when I am relaxed on the couch so I am attributing it to anxiety but man it is scary.

After a relaly bad HA scare....how long could it take for all of this to just reverse itself? Could my nervous system just still be wrecked?
Bookmark and Share

Offline vardnas

• Rec's: 83
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anxiety has shifted - Anyone have this?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 02:00:49 PM »
It takes a long time for the nervous system to calm down. As it does, and your stress hormones are still higher than normal, your body can and will act erratically how and whenever it wants. The key to all this is not adding fuel the anxiety fire. That means when you experience anxiety symptoms (shaking, the head rush feeling), you learn how NOT to react fearfully to them. No running to the doctor, no jumping on here for reassurance. Quietly and calmly observing them, and letting them happen, is the quickest way of getting over them and getting your nervous system back to normal response levels. Right now, everything's heightened. You can either be your best friend in this situation or your worst enemy—the choice is up to you.
Bookmark and Share
In case anyone is still confused:  googling your symptoms will cause you to remain in a state of extreme anxiety. Stepping away from the internet is the first step toward lasting peace.

Offline Pingman

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 02:57:04 PM »
Thanks Vardnas for the support
Bookmark and Share

Offline Bertz1985

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 11:58:10 AM »
For the past 7 years, I've gone through cycles of feeling completely fine to feeling an overwhelming since of doom. I've thought I've had HIV, MS, and now I'm on to oral cancer. I've also thought I've had other things, but they didn't make me completely go crazy.

It takes the body awhile to return to normal. It took around a year for my body to go back to normal after I thought I had MS.  Just keep focusing on how much better everything is getting. That's what helped me. Eventually, you just stop noticing and one day you think about it and it's all gone.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Pingman

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 12:30:51 PM »
Bertz...great advice. You are right, you have to stop focusing on the negative and look at the positives.

Overwhelming doom is what I felt this go around...I can see it taking some time to get back to normal.
Bookmark and Share

Offline jaxsonny

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 12:55:49 PM »
i like what vardnas said about running to the dr and the constant reassurance. i feel like the more i get the reassurance the more i need. the high coming out of the dr office isnt like it was years ago if that makes any sense
Bookmark and Share

Tags: