Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Do you feel the same as me?  (Read 283 times)

Offline sambo1234

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Do you feel the same as me?
« on: December 01, 2013, 07:13:50 PM »
I have known I had anxiety for almost 6 months now, but I was just recently told I have social anxiety. I am seeing a therapist for help, but am just looking for help from other sufferers. I feel so exhausted all the time, my vision seems to get fuzzy at times for no reason, driving in traffic is horrible for me, and I have a lot of headaches, does anyone else have these? Those are the most irritating symptoms I have. I know that the other symptoms like fast heart rate, shakiness, sweating, and heart palpitations are anxiety but are the others? I guess I am still struggling with accepting I "only have anxiety" it just feels like with all these symptoms it should be something more. Any advice from others going through this would be great. Thanks!
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 152
    • Poke This Member
Re: Do you feel the same as me?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 06:46:32 AM »
It could be a touch of derealization making things seem fuzzy to you. That is just another symptom of anxiety. That in turn can bring about headaches. As can anything to do with anxiety. Think of all the stress. Probably just a stress headache. As we can get worked up a bit if things seem to be going against us. Maybe some relaxing music as you drive. Tell yourself there is no rush at all. People can want to get from A to B in the quickest time possible. This can only make things worse. Try slowing your mind and body down. Deep breathing exercises as you drive. You can find loads of these on you tube. Learn them off. Use them in your car. See if it makes any difference at all.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline lalane

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Do you feel the same as me?
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 01:04:08 PM »
I don't get headaches anymore since I stopped drinking caffeine, but I have awful neck and shoulder pain from all the tension I carry there. Driving makes it worse since I'm already anxious when the weather is bad and there is a lot of traffic, but when my neck hurts that makes driving the worse since my range of motion isn't great and if I need to turn my head quickly that can be a problem. I am hoping the medication I just started will eventually help me relax and ease some of the tension in my neck. I am also supposed to go to physical therapy too, just have to get up the nerve to call and make the appointment...
Bookmark and Share

Tags: