Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: lower back pain  (Read 191 times)

Offline Mtorrhypo

• The Mind Is a Powerful Thing
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
lower back pain
« on: December 01, 2013, 05:39:47 PM »
I am 6 months postpartum and for the last 2 months I have been having terrible lower back pain when I lay down for too long. It tends to be worst in the morning about 5 am. I had two epidurals during Labor has anyone else experienced this? I have a leukemia fear so I scared it could be a symptom of this? Please respond!!
Bookmark and Share
Maria =)

Offline Mtorrhypo

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: lower back pain
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 06:13:23 PM »
Bump!!! Sorry but really need advice don't want to Google :(
Bookmark and Share
Maria =)

Offline aardvark

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 06:27:50 PM »
Lower back pain is not a symptom I would immediately associate with leukaemia. Unexplained pain can be indicative of certain cancers, but given that back pain is one of the most common ailments suffered by the general population this is an extremely unlikely diagnosis. In any case, visit your doctor for a professional opinion and to obtain some prescription painkillers and/or physiotherapy.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Mtorrhypo

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 08:40:06 PM »
 :sign0067: :sign0067: :sign0067: :sign0067: :sign0067: :sign0067:
Bookmark and Share
Maria =)

Online tinam7

• Rec's: 73
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 07:28:51 AM »
There are different schools of thought re back pain. I'm with Dr. John Sarno who is against surgery and believes in the mind-body connection. You can probably find his books in the library.

You might also want to consult with a physical therapist for suggestions re exercise. Over the counter pain meds may help to get you started and ease the inflammation. Even simple walking can be beneficial because it can also relieve the underlying stress and anxiety which can appear in any number of places and ways. Wishing you all the best, keep us posted.
Bookmark and Share

Online AncientMelody

• Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2013, 08:53:17 AM »
Back pain can be very common after childbirth, your joints have shifted fairly dramatically to allow for a growing child, and then childbirth. Ligaments that loosen in the pelvis may not tighten back up as we'd like them to. Sacroiliac pain (where the pelvis connects to the spine) can be very common, as can other conditions. Add to the fact that you aren't getting the rest you are probably used to, and if you're nursing your baby, nutrients that would go towards helping you heal are going to your baby.

Make sure you're eating a healthy diet, in particular that you are having some protein with every meal. Consider getting to a pool a couple times per week if one is available to you, aquatic exercise can be very beneficial. I also advise as tina did that you see a physical therapist for an exercise program that can help. A couple sessions of acupuncture is another option, which can help optimize blood flow for improved healing.
Bookmark and Share

Online tinam7

• Rec's: 73
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2013, 09:26:24 AM »
AM, your post is so pertinent. I forgot about the childbirth matter and all that follows. Too long ago for me, ha ha. You give excellent suggestions.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: