Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Weird feeling in forehead.  (Read 44468 times)

Offline littlemiss_anxious

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Weird feeling in forehead.
« on: March 21, 2008, 10:43:05 AM »
Hi, one of the worst anxiety symptoms I've been having is this weird feeling in my forehead.  Not sure how to describe it.  Not sure if I can describe it as brainfog or something else but it feels weird -- like a pressure headache, but it also makes ME feel weird, like this dead feeling in my forehead that makes me feel kind of out of it, dizzy, unreal.  It just sits there all the time, even when my headache is feeling better I have this weird detached feeling -- I don't know...just like this "dead feeling" in my forehead is the only way to describe it. 

Anyone else have this - it's very unsettling...not sure if it's just the result of this dull headache or if it's anxiety-related or both.  I can't sleep very well because it's always there, I wake up with it and go to bed with it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline tigerpaw

• Rec's: 32
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
Re: Weird feeling in forehead.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 04:16:57 PM »
Having a feeling of a tight band around your head is one of those anxiety symptoms I have had.  It's no fun, but after some good weeks on meds I have gotten away from that and other physical symptoms.
Hang in there and try to just except it as an abnormal feeling for a normal situation.
Bookmark and Share
Psalm 34:4 'He saved me from all that I feared."......

Offline mommy_2_4_babies

• Licensed Practical Nurse
  • Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 05:08:05 PM »
I feel that also but mine I believe is more sinus related I have a left side deteriorating cavity :sign0190:
Bookmark and Share
Everyone wants to be happy nobody wants to be in pain, but you can't have a rainbow with out any rain

Offline tigerpaw

Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 06:51:39 PM »
Boo hiss on the sinus thing!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kevin29UK

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 10:46:19 AM »
Hi everyone,

I have this feeling too, i have constantly got a tight band feeling that goes around my temple to the back of my head, extemely frustrating! One of my other annoying symptoms is itchy scalp, kind of feels like a crawling sensation around the top of my head. My head and neck feel so tight and tense that i often get muscle twitches in my face and sides of head. I keep getting these weird neurological sensations that i find really hard to describe to my doctor, as a result im currently going through a tough period, im not sure whether these symptoms are a result of my anxiety or are being caused by something else. Im feeling pretty desperate to be honest. I think staying positive is important though!

Kev
Bookmark and Share

Offline tigerpaw

Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 12:01:23 PM »
I have had the tight band around my head, twitches and pings in my head, all kinds of weird feelings, mos of which is anxiety related or some med related symptoms but all in all I just enjoy the weird feelings because they don't hurt me.  :dazed:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kevin29UK

• Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2008, 12:23:42 PM »
I suppose thats one way of looking at it, problem with me is that i panic when i get them, and keep thinking something bad is causing them. I have been taking anti-depressants for about 8 months now, could they be causing some of these weird sensations? I know they can cause side effects. From your experience does controlling the anxiety reduce these sort of symptoms?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Aussie

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2008, 10:05:58 PM »
Hi, one of the worst anxiety symptoms I've been having is this weird feeling in my forehead.  Not sure how to describe it.  Not sure if I can describe it as brainfog or something else but it feels weird -- like a pressure headache, but it also makes ME feel weird, like this dead feeling in my forehead that makes me feel kind of out of it, dizzy, unreal.  It just sits there all the time, even when my headache is feeling better I have this weird detached feeling -- I don't know...just like this "dead feeling" in my forehead is the only way to describe it. 

Anyone else have this - it's very unsettling...not sure if it's just the result of this dull headache or if it's anxiety-related or both.  I can't sleep very well because it's always there, I wake up with it and go to bed with it.

I have had this feeling for the past two and a half years, since I gave up the SSRI medication. Recently though I have started taking SSRI's again and hopefully the weird feeling in my head will go away.

It is the worst in the morning, well for me at least anyway.
Bookmark and Share

Offline aussieman2011

• Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2008, 07:20:04 AM »
Me to, i have constantly got a tight band feeling that goes around my temple to the back of my head, One of my other annoying symptoms my scalp and itchy at the back of my head and sorness at the back of my head. My head and neck feel so tight and tense . I keep getting these weird sensations like numbness over my cheek pain above my eyes ! not sinus had cat scan and nothing there, all these symptoms are a result of my anxiety. i have had lots of test and all clear !!!  you have to think positive and tell your self these things are just anxiety im fine and try to relax !
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ymir

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2008, 12:11:24 AM »
Either sinus or a migraine. It comes and goes. I used to get headaches quite frequently but after my major anxiety spell started, it was a whole year before I got one again. When it came, it was exactly as you describe. It came annually for about 2 months, the exact same pressure headache. Now it has disappeared. Anxiety puts our body and brain through a lot of stress and I think this is just one of many reactions from being wired all the time.
Bookmark and Share

Offline tigerpaw

Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2008, 11:16:53 AM »
Personnally, it seams if you still suffer from the sysmptoms of GAD and you are taking lets say 20 mg of a med,I would think after two weeks or so they would up it to 40 mg.etc.,
To stay on a MED level and not see any results or minor results the Dr should up the levels.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kevin29UK

• Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2008, 07:34:30 AM »
I cant believe how messed up this whole anxiety thing is, my symptoms are worst now than they have ever been! Anyone got any tips on relaxation?, i just cant seem to relax because of all my symptoms, its completely taken over my life! Please help!!

Kev
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ymir

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2008, 09:40:16 AM »
Don't force relaxation. Then you'll just be clenching in the opposite way.

1. Feel your body.
2. Feel your breathing
3. Relinquish control
4. Follow your body's whims

If you feel like moving, move. If your body feels more comfortable breathing fast than slow, breath fast or vice versa. Anxiety makes us lose touch with our bodies. Listen to it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ButterflyGal82

• Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2008, 04:25:20 PM »
I know exactly what you all are talking about. I get the same thing too. My neurologist says the nerve pains are from the head being tight due to high anxiety. That the nerves are being clamped tight. I too also have a tight neck on the left side and the back, along with a tight upper back, spasms....I'm seeing a psychatrist too, but Im trying to switch meds now and find Im getting it more with tension and maybe migraine like symptoms. It is horrible.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kevin29UK

• Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2008, 04:17:18 AM »
Yes my neurologist said that all my neurological symptoms can be caused by tension, adrenalin excess, over breathing. I suppose if you are constantly in a state of worry and panic then your nerves are never getting the chance to relax. Currently my dominant symptoms are itchy scalp and sides of head and pressure feeling around temples to back of head. Sometimes i feel very disorientated when moving my head from side to side and up and down as my neck is constantly stiff, again could be result of tension.

Kev
Bookmark and Share