Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Pain: Bone or Muscle? Leukemia?  (Read 251 times)

Offline jmcewan

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Pain: Bone or Muscle? Leukemia?
« on: November 30, 2013, 09:54:58 PM »
For the last couple of weeks I have been having pains in my arms, legs and sometimes joints. The pain in my calves, forearms and uppers feel like someone is squeezing the bone. Its a radiating pressure/ache that comes and goes and i cannot tell if its deep muscle or the bone. And it's always in a different spot. Yesterday was my calf The joint pain tends to be either sharp or achey.

I have felt something like this before a couple years ago and chalked it up to the carpentry work I was doing at the time. I'm trying to look at this logically but failing to find a reason.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 14
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Pain: Bone or Muscle? Leukemia?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 10:43:16 PM »
Muscle. probably from the warm/cold transition and exertion that wouldnt normally cause problems, and so you didnt notice it happening. Happens all the time. Also one time I got a bruise the size of a fist on my leg, no idea how it got there. I only noticed it when I looked down in the bath.
Bookmark and Share

Offline jmcewan

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 10:52:51 PM »
Huh,  that would make sense. I do walk to work everyday...and I do catch myself tensing up quite a bit.   :angel-smiley-006:

Bookmark and Share

Offline bittersweetlife

• Cowardly neurotic anxious stressed out depressed human being.
  • Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 02:49:52 AM »
What you are describing is a natural "fatigue pain" especially what you've said "in different spot". Have you been working hard lately? or it can be due to everyday stress that you are causing too much tense to your body.

you are fine. fingers crossed  :angel-smiley-006:

Bookmark and Share
"There's a time & a place to die.. but this ain't it" - Paramore (from the song "Now")
Hakuna Matata - "It means no worries" - Timon & Pumba (Disney's Lion King)
“Anxiety's like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you very far.” - Jodi Picoult, Sing You Home

Offline jmcewan

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 02:45:15 PM »
Not a lot of work per say; I work in security so I do a lot of walking and pushing fire doors open and closed. I do catch myself tensing up a lot. Makes me curious though, is bone pain from leukemia localized or spread out?
Bookmark and Share

Offline bittersweetlife

• Cowardly neurotic anxious stressed out depressed human being.
  • Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2013, 10:58:08 PM »
No, you do not have a leukemia! Like you've said before, you do a lot of walking and pushing fire doors. that's reason why, You are tensing too much to your body since you have Anxiety. try to relax some time when you are at home after your work.

As far as i know, leukemia pain is a late symptom, usually the first symptoms of leukemia are easily bruising and extreme fatigue. and pain from leukemia is actually severe like you will seek for help about the pain.

You are fine! cross fingers!!

hugs
Bookmark and Share
"There's a time & a place to die.. but this ain't it" - Paramore (from the song "Now")
Hakuna Matata - "It means no worries" - Timon & Pumba (Disney's Lion King)
“Anxiety's like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you very far.” - Jodi Picoult, Sing You Home

Tags: