Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: About my problems  (Read 263 times)

Offline franciswindy

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
About my problems
« on: November 29, 2013, 10:02:22 PM »
Hey guys,this is my second post here, i'd like to share with you some of my experience. My biggest problem is that i get tense and blank-minded, sometimes hands shaking and sweating, when i was talking to strangers. i can't make up complete and logic sentences and i think people don't like talking to me anymore after they see me like this.
The second  probelm is that when i was walking alone in the street. i always feel people there are watching me, judging me, which makes me really uncomfortable. i could even feel their eyes staring at me, curious to poke at my face. that's why i tend to avoid as many social interactions as i possibly can. but my friends told me i need to grow a thick face, and don't be afraid of those judging eyes (actually no one is judging you and they are tending to their own business)
anyway, i am still struggling. i know deep down that going out a lot does much help but i 'm frightened at the idea of going out alone.
any ideas you'd like to share?

Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 152
    • Poke This Member
Re: About my problems
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 06:51:33 AM »
Just to learn to take a step backwards. Compose yourself. Speak slowly. There is no need to rush anything at all. That includes your words. Take control of the situation. Do things at your own pace. If that means making others wait, then so be it. Let them wait. As for people looking at you? Look around at other people. I bet half of them have some kind of anxiety disorder. Can you tell the ones who have the disorders? Big NO to that. You can't tell who has what by just looking at them. That is just your mind playing tricks with you. Nobody is looking at you at all. Most probably don't even see you. Just as you wouldn't notice others.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline franciswindy

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: About my problems
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 04:12:26 AM »
Just to learn to take a step backwards. Compose yourself. Speak slowly. There is no need to rush anything at all. That includes your words. Take control of the situation. Do things at your own pace. If that means making others wait, then so be it. Let them wait. As for people looking at you? Look around at other people. I bet half of them have some kind of anxiety disorder. Can you tell the ones who have the disorders? Big NO to that. You can't tell who has what by just looking at them. That is just your mind playing tricks with you. Nobody is looking at you at all. Most probably don't even see you. Just as you wouldn't notice others.
Thank you Cuchculan. I've tried to compose myself and speak words in my own pace, but i still can't bear the guilt derived from making people wait,it feels more like making me the leading role and they should obey me. I hate myself for not being able to talk to them in the way they want and feel comfortable with,i don't want to make people "suffer" from my problems so i am forced to behave in the normal way,which did reduce my guilt,though i don't like it.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: