Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Weird head pain  (Read 249 times)

Offline jaxsonny

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Weird head pain
« on: November 29, 2013, 01:11:03 PM »
Has anyone felt that foggy almost dizzyness feeling? It started with a headache with a sensitivity to some lights and maybe that put me in panic mode of a brain tumor and since then my head feels weird.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kaycass14

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Weird head pain
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 04:46:12 AM »
I'm sure it's just anxiety. Or a cold- weather is nasty (not sure where you are but here in Canada it's freezing :p) I get weird pains and dizzy spells all the time. I also have a ridge on my skull that I rub constantly thinking it's a bump- have irritated it so much I get headaches from it. Anxiety is not fun- and when we panic and tense up, it causes muscles to tighten and blood vessels to expand to allow more blood to "fight or flight". This can cause HUGE headaches and dizziness as you aren't burning off the "chemical release". I'm sure you are fine :) every post I've read says tumors are so rare. My grandmother had one and my friend had a benign one. So statistics are in my favor ;) keep calm and relax! Go for a walk or listen to music- helps me :)
Bookmark and Share
Love & Light <3

Offline aardvark

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 04:51:08 AM »
What you're describing sounds more akin to a migraine. Have you ever been tested for this?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Pingman

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 09:07:07 AM »
Jax - I am in the same boat as you. I am trying to come down off a severe bout of HA from MS scare. My initial issues was my leg which my GP and Neuro seemed not worried about. My chiropractor took some x-rays and said I was pretty out of alignment and the stress increases the tension on the muscles.

So...what next my left eye started to feel pressure and now I feel like I get constant head rushes. I have a hard time seeing clearly at times but other times it is fine. I noticed that when I go out in public it gets worse....but I think my anxiety has spiked out in public for some reason since my HA scare.

My head pain started after hearing that was a symptom of MS...so now my leg is feeling 90% better but I am obssessed with my facial pressure. Anxiety will move to what your focused on. Thats probably what is going on.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiouskathie

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 202
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 12:07:27 PM »
Pingman, I think you are right.  Once we accept a pain or symptom and move on, anxiety's got to be a devil and show up elsewhere with some brand new symptoms!!

When I first read your post I also thought migraine because you described a sensitivity to light and that's one of the sure signs of migraines; you are now saying the headaches started when you learned it was a symptom of MS, so I'm guessing too, that this anxiety is playing tricks with you.

Do you by chance take meds or see a therapist?  If not, you could find that one or the other or even both, could be a tremendous help to you. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Pingman

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 12:28:44 PM »
I have tried meds before but my mind is so strong and OCD so bad I fixate on the fact that I need drugs. I do plan on talking to a therapist and exploring CBT.

I am much better today than I was just a week ago but I want to work with one if only a few times so the next time this pops up I have some coping skills.

My HA is not an ongoing HA. I don't typically worry about the occasional twinge here and there. Ongoing I am good but once in awhile something can really flip me out bad and thats when I need coping skills to stop it when it begins.

Google is my down fall and I am so mad at myself for looking up my latest symptoms. It had been two years since my last HA scare so I forgot how google wacked me out last time.....never again.

Bookmark and Share

Offline jaxsonny

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 12:51:38 PM »
thanks for the replies. i do agree anxiety moves to what your focused on. i want to the cycle to end. i tried meds and they didn't work with my body chemistry. zanex does seem to help. Also i think its a matter of finding the right therapist. I worked with one for a while and it was me basically talking and her not giving any feedback or coping skills. I just wish i was "normal" and not such a worrier. I see so many people who are so carefree including my husband and wonder why i feel the need to worry about every twinge or ache
Bookmark and Share

Offline Pingman

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2013, 01:19:04 PM »
Experiences in the past can shape your health anxiety to some degree I believe.

I had always been the stereotypical mans man up until age 33 until I coughed up blood. I was invincible and then I saw how quickly it could be gone. Looking back on my past...I can see how my family life had always caused me to bottle up all my tension. My mom left when I was 12 and I rarely see her. My dad was the kind of guy who worked hard to support me but I don't think he ever hugged us....he too was a old school guy.

My whole life I basically prided myself on how mentally tough I was..how my past didn't impact me. As an adult I added to my past with pushing myself in my carreer, hobbies etc.... I was a ticking time bomb. My coping skills were to suppress and push myself. When a real life health issue hit me I had no support system. No one could believe I could crumble so quickly so they had no idea how to react. Everyone acted like I was going crazy and I too believed it which made it worse.

You are normal...you just have to figure out what will work for you going forward. We are all in that boat. So many people have other issues in life like alcoholism or sexual addictions, drugs...etc. HA just appears to be your issue to deal with.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: