Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: What Is Happening To My Body?  (Read 691 times)

Offline AngelMary

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Mischievous
    Mischievous
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
What Is Happening To My Body?
« on: November 25, 2013, 09:46:35 PM »
 :action-smiley-065: Hello, I am glad to be here and a part of this forum.  :laugh3: I have multiple health issues including fibro. Lately I have been feeling terrible.  Last night I was experiencing some really bad med reaction, I think.  That's kind of why I am asking this question.  These symptoms have happened before.  I do take Lyrca.  I heard that Lyrica can cause hot flashes.   I know I have been going through menopause too, but the hot flashes I am experiencing do not seem like menopause symptoms to me.  Has anyone ever gone though a series of hot flashes while talking lyrica?  It's bad enough I do not sleep at all at night but now dealing with these hot flashes that last up to hours at a time.  Makes no sense, and only when I am sleeping, which also makes no sense.  I have no medical insurance so I can't go to dr right now, but I am working on that.  Meanwhile, I need some advice on sleeping better with this condition and if maybe among the muscle pain this is part of what I am going to deal with if I continue to take the Lyrica that does help about 40%better anyway.  I know now I am rambling.  That is it for now.  I just wish I knew what was happening to my body.  Peace to all and Happy Thanksgiving.   :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
:) Think Happy Thoughts :)

Offline PinkIcePrincess

• Rec's: 9
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: What Is Happening To My Body?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 07:53:41 AM »
Hi AngelMary,

I can not offer any advice on the med but I can on the Hot Flashes and the Menopause ..its AWFUL!! I also have Fibro and Chronic Fatigue along with my many other wonderful mental and physical health problems so I am just a fun filled person lol... I am silly yes ..
 Okay well I had a total hysterectomy back in Aug of 2001 woke up in a Nightmare that went on for a long time .. but many of my friends who didn't have one are dealing with the Hot Flashes and Night sweats.. soaking their sheets and pillows it is miserable and the mood swings are awful too.
  Having Fibro along with this is really hard I understand .. My muscles hurt and ache and I stand then set and then walk and moan.. I am so scared of med though I do take anxiety and depression meds but to scared to try anything else or a different med even different colored Tylenol..
   Are you trying any Hormone Replacement Meds? I did try some regular ones then compounding ones and gave up.. They are not really safe anyways to be honest.
   The Time and Weather change really mess me up too as does it with many people with Fibro.

So the best thing you can do since you have no medical insurance right now is call a Pharmacy up and ask about that med and the side effects but really with you have issues with sleep and sweating I am betting its your hormones sorry to say and this can last for awhile or not depends on each woman.. some have nothing happen and some have a lot..
 FUN BEING A WOMAN HUH! LOL

We also have hot flashes and cold chills with Anxiety.... so how are you controlling your anxiety ?? Coping skills and learning to deal with anxiety has helped my hot flashes and cold chills for the most part unless the Fibro is flared up.
 At night wear lite clothing and keep your socks off also have water by your bad and a cold wash cloth.. also there is a great site for women called Hystersisters.com its about hysterectomies but the women also talk about Hormones..

Good Luck and Hope to see you in chat again and you aren't alone in what you are dealing with!!
PinkIcePrincess  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: