Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Arms? Anyone else get this?  (Read 266 times)

Offline Copgrl8

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Arms? Anyone else get this?
« on: November 25, 2013, 04:46:12 PM »
I get these odd feelings in my arms.  Not so much pain but like a achy feeling and like I have weights on my arms

It scares me because that's a sign of a heart attack. 
Does anyone else experience this
Bookmark and Share

Offline Soccer_Dude

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Arms? Anyone else get this?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 05:37:46 PM »
Hi,

I noticed my arms can feel a little heavy after going on a walk, exercising, or maybe doing some lifting, especially after going a stretch of time without any exercise...

Have you done any exercising, or lifting recently?

Soccer
Bookmark and Share

Offline Copgrl8

Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 05:59:08 PM »
Hi,

I noticed my arms can feel a little heavy after going on a walk, exercising, or maybe doing some lifting, especially after going a stretch of time without any exercise...

Have you done any exercising, or lifting recently?

Soccer

No it just happens.  Sometimes I wake up in the morning with the feeling
Bookmark and Share

Offline MrMoleHill

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • I look, therefore I find.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 08:57:02 PM »
I had this horribly for several weeks, once.  I drove myself to the ER over it.  First thing they asked me is if I thought it might be anxiety. It felt like my arms were heavy, weak, and like I could barely lift them. 

I believe it was extreme anxious tension causing irritation of the ulnar nerve, couple with a desk job and sleeping with my elbows tightly bent.  No rest for the ulnar nerve.  It went away once I reduced and/or eliminated these causes.
Bookmark and Share
We are all walking through the Valley of the Shadow of Death

Offline Copgrl8

Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 09:48:55 PM »
I had this horribly for several weeks, once.  I drove myself to the ER over it.  First thing they asked me is if I thought it might be anxiety. It felt like my arms were heavy, weak, and like I could barely lift them. 

I believe it was extreme anxious tension causing irritation of the ulnar nerve, couple with a desk job and sleeping with my elbows tightly bent.  No rest for the ulnar nerve.  It went away once I reduced and/or eliminated these causes.

The docs at the ER weren't considered of it being heart related?
That's my main fear. 
My husband tells me it's just sore muscles because I'm also so tensed up
Bookmark and Share

Offline MrMoleHill

Okay
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 09:57:04 PM »
Correct - no concern about a heart attack.  It had been going on for a while, otherwise I'd be dead.  Plus, you know, they check your heartbeat and blood pressure and all of that.  They can tell the difference right away, I think.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Copgrl8

Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2013, 10:07:15 PM »
Correct - no concern about a heart attack.  It had been going on for a while, otherwise I'd be dead.  Plus, you know, they check your heartbeat and blood pressure and all of that.  They can tell the difference right away, I think.

Funny you say that because with my husband always says if it was your heart u would be dead by now. 
All my anxiety symptoms are exactly those of a heart attack.
I been to the ER 2x in the last month and had EKGs and was hooked to a heart monitor and everything's as perfectly normal.   However that still doesn't reassure me.  Oh and also had cardic blood work done and chest X-rays and those as well were fine.
I guess when I'm having a anxiety attack there is no reasoning with me because I am just so scared.

Did the ER docs say what could be causing that feeling in your arms?
Bookmark and Share

Offline MrMoleHill

Okay
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2013, 10:18:16 PM »
They didn't say at all what it could be.  They basically ruled out the major things like heart attack, stroke, seizure, neurological disorder, even drug use.  Then sent me on my way with an unknown problem and a $4,000 dollar bill.

I went to a general physician, and he wanted to refer me to a neurologist.  I never went and I'm fine now.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Soccer_Dude

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2014, 04:48:36 PM »
I had some extreme anxiety and panic that hit out of nowhere 2.5 years ago.  And beleive me, I went to the ER, spent THOUSANDS of dollars on doctors, tests, etc... etc... etc... I constantly worried, feared, and spent TONS of time on the Internet researching trying to find why I felt the way I did, or why I had a certain symptom.  But in the end, for me, it was just my panic that was causing me to fear and wonder, and doubt, and..... So, if you've been to the ER, had all the heart tests, blood work, then I'd just be confident that you had all the work they could do, and that your symptoms are most likely anxiety/panic related.  Have you tried any natural products or meds for Anxiety?  If you are not willing to try anything, I would try something just once, to see how you feel after that, and if all your worries and fears go away.  For me, when I was in the ER, in a panic/fear mode, after they kept me over night hooked up to heart monitor equipment (they sent me home with a clean bill of health by the way) the nurse kept wanting me to try a dose of Ativan, said it would help.  But I refused over and over as I NEVER did meds, and didn't want to touch the stuff. But I finally gave in, and tried one, and I felt soooooo much better/normal....  I know treat my anxiety/panic with natural remedies and I'm now over the horrible anxiety/panic/fears I once had. Now and then a little will creep up, but I'm not constantly worried about my heart or anything else any more like I was.  Also, maybe try some counseling if it's more mental than physcial related anxiety...They could help put things into perspective.  Also, even if your anxiety is phsyical (i.e. low serotonin) couseling can help while you get natural or medicine treatment and recover....

Also, if your arms feel heavy after getting up in the morning, is it possible you are tossing and turning in your sleep, or possibly sleeping on your arms? That could make them feel heavy or funny....

Soccer
Bookmark and Share

Tags: