Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: :(  (Read 226 times)

Offline Holly

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
:(
« on: November 24, 2013, 07:54:17 PM »
I feel like I'm never going to get over this fear of fainting.. No matter what I do. I'm always going to be scared of it. I never have passed out but it feels like I just come really close to it. Also the feeling like I can't breathe.. I just feel like I'm never gonna get over this. I'm always gonna be stuck and dependent on people.. I'm to scared to leave my house or be alone for long. Idk what to do anymore. I'm depressed and miserable.. I just want my life back
Bookmark and Share

Offline Stressed Jumper

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: :(
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 08:48:47 AM »
This sounds like classic anxiety symptoms.  For me py panic attacks came complete with dizziness, feeling like I couldn't breath, racing heart, etc....total nightmare.  I was able to manage them with the occasional Xanax but about a year ago I graduated to general anxiety.  After trying to tough it out I finally went to my doc and he put me on Zoloft.  After the nasty start-up side effects passed I feel better than I have in years.  Have you been to see a doc about your symptoms?  If not I would recommend you do so, sometimes meds and/or therapy can make the difference between living in fear and reclaiming your life....I still kick myself for waiting so long to get help.  Hang in there!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Holly

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 12:00:56 PM »
Yeah I have been to the doctor. I take Ativan but weaning off. I won't take any other medication..  And I go to CBT therapy once a week.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Rae Rae

• Mood: Busy
    Busy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 10:16:11 PM »
I used to feel exactly like you do years ago. You have to learn how to not be afraid of these symptoms b/c the more you worry & dwell on then the worse they get. Take if from me, I used to feel like that daily, now I feel pretty much normal & have gone through this entire year only having like 3 panic attacks!
Bookmark and Share
"The secret of life isn't what happens to you, but what you do with what happens to you."

Tags: