Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: What other symptoms do you get when your anxious?  (Read 648 times)

Offline butterfly230691

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
What other symptoms do you get when your anxious?
« on: November 23, 2013, 03:04:33 PM »
Hi hope you are all ok and having a  good weekend  :happy0151: :happy0151:

I've been really anxious these past couple of weeks, and now i feel awful, feel so nauseous, keep getting hot and cold, have weird throbbing sensations in my legs, i've had 2 panic attacks this week one today and one tuesday because i have a phobia of being sick. My stomach also feels like it's in knots.

I just wondered how you all cope with anxiety? I feel so ill really hope i'm not coming down with anything :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline butterfly230691

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: What other symptoms do you get when your anxious?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 03:06:48 PM »
Forgot to add I've been very anxious today, and now i feel so exhausted like tired and mentally exhausted at the same time
Bookmark and Share

Offline jfrank17

• Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 05:06:57 PM »
The exhaustion is part of it.  Your body is stuck in an adrenaline state when your mind is anxious, and it's physically and mentally wears you out.   

I've recently been listening to some ASMR videos on Youtube.  You can type ASMR video in the search line and find different ones.  These are videos of people speaking in soft, relaxing tones about a variety of things.  The subject often isn't important, it's how the person uses their voice.  They have an effect on me like taking an anxiety medication.  If you can find something to kind of break that anxiety cycle for awhile it is helpful I think in the long-term. 

One of the worst symptoms for me is an agitated restlessness when I feel tired or want to relax but my arms and legs feel like any moment they may just start flailing of their own accord.  It's an awful feeling and can lead up to a panic attack for me. 

I hope you are feeling a bit better by now.  You're not alone!
Bookmark and Share

Offline sgreens1

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 02:26:30 AM »
You're not alone. I have been feeling extremely anxious for over a week, and it's not going away. I try deep breathing, distracting myself, etc., but it's not disappearing. I've been worrying so much I've become nauseous, have a headache all the time, am really shaky, and have chest pains. I'm not sure how to make this go away, but I wanted you to know you're not alone!
Bookmark and Share

Offline JustKeepSmiling

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 02:45:17 AM »
one of the weirder symptoms i get is feeling like i need to wee a lot! its so frustrating and made worse by being tired (i am EXHAUSTED, i'm on my sixth day straight of work :( ) and my mind races as well. i'm trying this aversion therapy trick of every time i start to worry about needing a wee / money / healthy / whatever, i snap a hair band on my wrist. it sounds silly but i find that if i do it and then switch to thinking about something else it makes my brain stop snowballing because i'm noticing those thoughts and trying to stop them. try to relax and get some good rest and vitamins and see some friends. these things really help me!

and if you're exhausted try not to sleep during the day cos it can mess up your sleep pattern! best of luck to everyone on this miserable november day! xx
Bookmark and Share

Offline laineymom

• Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 09:39:22 AM »
I know you wrote this post a few days ago, but I hope you're feeling better? Those are generally my symptoms with anxiety- lots of nausea, shaking, tight feeling in chest, fast beating heart- it's exhausting. But even though in the middle of it it feels like you'll never feel normal or close to it again, you will have better days. You are not alone though.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bigbootyalliNOTjudy

• I may be smiling but I am not always happy.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2013, 05:14:41 PM »
I get those feelings too & it sucks.  :( :(I'm exhausted too which definitely doesn't help anything. I get the shakes, dry mouth, panicky-fast heartbeat, adrenaline rush...the whole 9 yards. But what usually calls me down is word or thinking games on my iPad. Or listening to music in my car & singing along to my favorite songs.
Bookmark and Share

Offline trishan

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2013, 06:49:20 PM »
i cope with anxiety in the car  by having a certain cd (it's florence and the machine) what ever your favorite is. when I am not driving I try to sing or play a game on my iphone. sometimes taking a walk or run when I am anxious helps. I get this awful lump in the back of my throat and my heart races. I have had my heart looked at a few times and it is fine. I also get depersonalization during episodes
Bookmark and Share

Offline butterfly230691

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2013, 02:24:40 PM »
Thanks for your replies everyone :)
Sunday i felt better then on Monday i started to feel nauseous, and I've felt like it ever since then, i'm trying my best to eat but it's hard because i don't have much of an appetite at all :( woke up about 3 this morning feeling sick as well, i just want it to go away, and of course feeling sick is making me even more anxious as i have emetophobia
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brocksterdanza

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2013, 04:35:39 PM »
I get headaches and upset stomach personally.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ciccasmelly

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2013, 03:11:31 PM »
I've been dealing with some situations recently that have made me very anxious. I haven't been able today or sleep much ( I've lost about 10lbs) and I've been stuttering for 2 days.
 When I get like this, I try to keep my mind occupied as much as possible. I crochet, write down my thoughts, play video games, and keep my kids active.
Bookmark and Share

Offline M@ndyb

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2013, 08:26:35 PM »
You are not alone i have all kinds of symptoms from exhaustion to neck and chest pAin, muscle pain, throat tightness, racing heart beat, chest crushing and dazed.. I could go on and on!
Bookmark and Share