Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Fear of brain tumor  (Read 362 times)

Offline sjm0502

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Fear of brain tumor
« on: November 21, 2013, 06:03:56 PM »
I have been having these headaches for over a month now that last for only a few seconds and happen in different places everytime (sometimes it happens on one side of my forehead, sometimes it's behind my ear and sometimes it's in the back of my head). At first I figured out it was a tension headache caused by computer use and video games since that's when they usually happen but the definitions I've seen for tension headaches say they last at least 20-30 minutes but my headaches only last for a few seconds. Then my brain tumor fears started when I read an article about someone only a few years younger than me (I'm 20) being diagnosed with a brain tumor after having very short lasting headaches. I've tried to calm myself by  telling myself that they have been going on for a month and I haven't had any of the other symptoms like dizziness or blurred vision or confusion or a headache that lasts through the morning, and that it might be from the anxiety I'm suffering due to current events going on in my life but I keep fearing it's a brain tumor.
Bookmark and Share

Offline selfdiagnose

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Fear of brain tumor
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 10:54:40 PM »
Are you talking about the CNN article with the bald kid? Anyway, I know what you're going through. I have the same problem. They're usually one to three second sensations of pain. They're pretty mild, barely noticeable, but they keep reappearing to remind me that they're still there. You say that you've had this problem for over a month now. You're already holding up better than myself. Mine has only been around since this last Monday. Anyway, know that you are not alone. More importantly, remember that Dr. Google is a tool of chaos. It will NEVER help in reassuring you. :sprachlos020:
Bookmark and Share
"It's called the American Dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -George Carlin

Offline jmcewan

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 11:30:41 PM »
Sounds a lot like ice pick headaches. I remember the first I got one was 3 years ago while black friday shopping. I swore I was having a stroke. They still scare me to this day and are pretty harmless. Unless your vision or motor skills go or you begin to vomit it not all that serious.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sjm0502

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 02:01:15 PM »
Update: Your posts might have helped decrease my anxiety...if I had came back here earlier. Unfortunately I ended up on another site that mentioned drowsiness and irritability as symptoms of a brain tumor, both of which I've been having recently. Could these just be because of stress because of the events going on in my life at the moment combined with my constant worrying about my health?
Bookmark and Share

Offline bmxchad87

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 07:03:46 PM »
Definitely sounds stress related. Stress can cause a lot of things. Highly doubtful that you have a brain tumor
Bookmark and Share

Offline mafalda

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2013, 08:53:53 PM »
Hi there,

Those headaches are actually pretty common amongst anxiety sufferers because those headaches are caused by a sudden bolt of energy in a nerve. That's why it lasts just for a second and are everywhere in your brain. They are usually nothing to worry about.

Brain tumors aren't just slight headaches and being moody. Brain tumors usually act up in pretty significant ways, they usually cause swallowing problems,  weakness in the extremities, balance problems.

It's probably because of the stress you've been feeling. Also, I have epilepsy (only simple partial seizures) and one of the symptoms I usually had was those type of headaches, but I also had a whole set of other symptoms.
Bookmark and Share

Offline hypochondrius

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 09:46:03 PM »
For over a month I had terrible headaches. I had other symptoms of migraines, but without the headaches for the most part, until these headaches began. They were severe at times, sometimes dull, sometimes short shooting pains, I was convinced I had a brain tumor. finally diagnosed with chronic migraine one morning after I went to see my clinic doctor after a bit of nausea and bad headache when a rainstorm came in. for the next month I would still have the headaches often, and had to take advil almost every day. They are gone now.
Bookmark and Share

Offline leah2013

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2013, 02:59:49 PM »
I have been headaches for the last 3 months (daily). I have different kinds, where my whole head hurts with tension in neck and shoulder. Sometimes my eyes hurt, sometimes I feel a tight band on my head, and sometimes I have the weird sensations you are describing. I just had an MRI and it was clean. My neuro told me it's stress and tension. It's frustrating because I still have the daily headaches. It was getting better but now my stress is high again so are the headaches. Yours are probably also stress related.
Stress and anxiety can d a number of things to you. Good luck!
Bookmark and Share

Offline sjm0502

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2013, 06:25:06 AM »
I wasn't really stressed out when they started, although my cat had to be put down a few days before these headaches started, could that have possibly been a trigger?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: