Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Its been a long time! Cushings and Carcinoid - Really need extra help with this!  (Read 369 times)

Offline bhandley

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Im not actually relaxed I just like having a cat
    • Poke This Member
So it's been a good while since I came on here but I really feel like I need some anxietyzone help here!

I've had a plethora of issues over the last two years of fully blown health anxiety, all of which have so far been proven as benign but this one is really freaking me out.

So I spoke to my doctor about something which sounds pretty silly but I was worried that one of my supraclavicular fossas was bulging out a bit more than the other, when I palpated the area all the junk down there was just easier to find so I started imagining some sort of infraclavicular or thoracic lymph node enlarging and pushing the contents upwards. Doctor feels around, laughs at me, and says nothing to worry about you've gain a lot of weight and its probably just asymmetry, its just your supraclavicular fat pads.

So, I, like a fool went home and started thinking that there was no such thing as a supraclavicular fat pad, so I googled :(

The first thing it comes up with is cushings, I start to read through and I am astounded as it really seems like I got this syndrome.

Symptoms I have include:

Irregular periods/ amenorrhea since a teenager
Weight gain - 5 stone over two years - admittedly I binge on and off and I quit smoking two years ago, consequently a more rounded face than normal - central obesity arms and legs are fat but not comparatively
Stretch marks - again admittedly i've always had them but existing ones have extended and I have gained many new ones
Prone to corners of mouth splitting
Anxiety - obviously
Red colouring in my face - unsure if this is just my normal colouring but its become very apparent to me since reading about cushings
Sleeping problems - oversleeping and waking up feel tired still - doctor has always blamed stress so could be cortisol related
Acanthosis nigricans at the back of my neck and inside of my thighs, not super bad but its definitely there, fasting glucose at pharmacy tested fine
Buffalo hump - again not super noticeable but definitely there
periorbital oedema
hypothyroidism - and im only 25
hyperhydrosis - well at least compared to pre weight gain, again a grey area
Back pain

These are all cushings symptoms, plus I recently flushed this afternoon and last night straight after eating or during eating on the face, my whole face went pretty red, not amazingly so, but a definite flush as I also felt warmth. I noticed I ate soy sauce on the first night and brie this afternoon and both those things I read contain high levels of tyramine which can set off rosacea or a flushing from carcinoid syndrome.

Carcinoid tumors can cause cushings syndrome and cushings can cause rosacea. Its looking very much like I am either fat and am having insignificant flushes, have cushings and rosacea or have carcinoid with carcinoid syndrome and cushings.

Cushings in itself is rare, carcinoid is also very rare, having them both is extememely rare, plus I already know about this syndrome from watching crazy sexy cancer, plus cancer is my biggest fear and I have hypochondria so it would be even more rare, plus im only 25, even more rare, plus it would have to be a met to the liver most likely to cause carcinoid syndrome even more rare.

I know it sounds crazy but i seriously am struggling here, I am convinced I have the worst case scenario - carcinoid causing cushings, my doctors for once are agreeing with me that I might have cushings, I explained the flushes but he wasnt really concerned - at least not to my face - but I worked out the soy sauce and cheese things after I saw him, he doesnt know they were triggers,  plus I ate a meal without any high levels tonight and didnt have any issues, except I am now drinking some wine which apparently has high levels and no flushing so far.

I really need some reassurance or something here, the evidence for cushings is overwhelming and I am waiting for an apparent giant milk bottle to pee in, and now the reactions specifically to food which cause a reaction in carcinoid is freaking me out big time - even though it also reacts people is rosacea and I have had many of the cushings symptoms for nearly 10 years.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bhandley

Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
Bumping because I am still in such need of replies!
Bookmark and Share

Offline leiloh

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Did you get any answers.    I have a lot of these symptoms   
Bookmark and Share

Offline bhandley

Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
Sorry Im late to reply... yeah no cushings.... no carcinoid to my knowledge... I guess im just tubby!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brick5711

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I have a carcinoid tumor.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: