Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Need help improving my appearance?  (Read 994 times)

Offline zaft

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Need help improving my appearance?
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2014, 07:44:35 PM »
Did you see Lupita Nyong'o (Best Actress in a Supporting Role) at the Oscars? :sprachlos020: Gorgeous! Full lips, medium sized nose, brown skin, and coarse/kinky hair: http://www.imdb.com/media/rm550226432/nm2143282?ref_=nmmi_mi_all_evt_23

Don't lighten your skin! Have you seen Sammy Sosa? http://i.huffpost.com/gen/117074/thumbs/s-SAMMY-SOSA-SKIN-large.jpg
Bookmark and Share

Offline CNikki

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2014, 10:40:47 PM »
Unfortunately this is the result of what the media tries to implant onto other people about beauty. The tan, blonde girl is automatically considered a goddess to men, no matter what they do.

You're right that many of us may not know how it is. But you shouldn't have to hate yourself and your skin and consider it as a curse that you were born like that either. If all guys never wanted to have a woman with darker skin, would there be any left at this present age? To know that your skin type and many people who have it are here shows that there's a beg to differ.

Using creams and whatnot is up to you since it's your body. But there's still deeper issues going on that the creams cannot take away in itself. Even if you hate when people say that you need to love yourself, that's pretty much the reason why you're feeling this way because you are not taking it and let the exact opposite take control of you.

I'm sorry that you are feeling this way and that you've encountered many people rejecting you because of your skin. You're not the one in the wrong for being the skin type that you are born with. Nobody should feel this way at all no matter what color you are if it's one issue I can even say that people shouldn't have a problem when it comes to their image. One can be the lightest skin toned and can still feel like the most hideous thing in the world and not feel just as good enough either, so I'm just saying that skin color or change of it is not the real or at least big solution to the problem.

Take care of yourself. x
Bookmark and Share
I'm too weak to live, I'm too weak to die.

Offline Ineedtosmile

• A weirdo that needs to smile.
  • Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
  • An experienced hypochondriac...
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2014, 12:05:30 PM »
Why would you hate being black, I like black girl, I find them cute, and more mature looking than other races an that is what i like, believe me when i say tat there is a bunch of white girls that would love to be black :) Life is about knowing how to play the cards you have in your hands, and i dont think your cards are bad :)
Bookmark and Share
Personal note no.23 - Think of some funny caption to put in here

UPDATE, 4th May 2015: Still haven't thought of a funny caption.

Offline Myocdragon

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2014, 01:18:56 PM »
You know what I hate about myself? My height. I'm 5'6". I also hate my unibrow I have to pluck and maintain. And I wish I had better pores. And I have one tooth that's slightly crooked. It's not visible but it bothers me and makes me feel inferior. My hairline isn't what it used to be either.

But am I really the hideous monster I tell myself I am? My gorgeous wife doesn't seem to think so. And every once in a while I'll catch a glimpse of my reflection in a window or something and before I recognize it's me I'm looking at, my constantly evaluating mind thinks, "that lucky guy is better looking than I am."

I don't think it would make a difference if I were taller, or you were some idealized combination of genetics. It's not our appearance that's letting us down, it's the beasts that live in our heads: the depressions, anxieties, OCDs, cognitive errors. It's the lies they tell us. All the "if only this" and the "what if that's" they continually whisper or shout. Every thought we have is filtered through these beasts and the only thoughts they let through are the bad thoughts. They hoard all the good thoughts for themselves.

The bad news is that I can't grow taller, you can't become Indian. The good news is we don't need to. If you want to be beautiful, treat the beasts through therapy and or meds. Put them in their place. Once you've done that, once those terrible filters are gone, or at least smaller, you'll be surprised by how beautiful you are and always were.
Bookmark and Share
I'm not crazy, I've just lost my mind

Tags: