Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Worried About Heart!  (Read 2758 times)

Offline snew13

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Worried About Heart!
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2014, 12:46:25 AM »
Yeah, I'm noticing a LOT of people on this site that have heart worries. I ran 3.16 miles today and ran/walked 5.22 miles last week! My heart worries are much less now that I had those tests done because I can attribute all of it to anxiety now.
Bookmark and Share

Offline jjZauis

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2014, 04:20:35 PM »
oh man, i can relate to this SO MUCH.  It's like I'm obsessed with any twinge or slight pain or stress in my chest and automatically assume im about to die from a heart attack.   I'm curious as to how CBT is working out for you?  I've had three sessions so far and am a little skeptical. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline mikewise77

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2014, 05:36:25 PM »
snew I will tell you the same things folks have told me before, if you had a heart issue you wouldn't be able to do the things you do. If you ran over 3 miles with a heart problem you'd not be here typing on this board. Keep that in mind, it helps.
Mike
Bookmark and Share

Offline snew13

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2014, 03:02:39 AM »
Thank you Mike.

jjZauis, three sessions isn't enough to make a determination. Keep going with it. I have enjoyed mine a lot, especially having a Christian therapist. CBT tends to be the best way to help control anxiety without masking the feelings through complicated medications, although sometimes medications ARE needed.
Bookmark and Share

Offline snew13

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2015, 08:38:19 AM »
Hey guys,
I'm back again. More heart worries. Even after ALL those tests I had done, I'm still having scary symptoms that are paralyzing me. I wake up with a racing heart EVERY. SINGLE. MORNING. Even on non-work days! It's always from 90-130 and jolts me out of bed, sometimes before my alarm goes off. The only thing that helps me is my beta blocker (Metoprolol which I only take a quarter of a pill) but then I'm worried I shouldn't take that everyday. It definitely slows my heart down. My diet is great but my life balance is completely off (too much work, lots of pressure in the next 3 weeks). Even on a Paleolithic diet, my stomach still gets into knots (bloating, etc.) and my sleep isn't very good and it seems that those symptoms have to be there in order for my heart to speed up. I'm SOOOO tired of this! I've been dealing with these heart worries for about 2 years now. I can't let it go!
Bookmark and Share

Offline SJL

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2015, 09:12:27 AM »
snew I will tell you the same things folks have told me before, if you had a heart issue you wouldn't be able to do the things you do. If you ran over 3 miles with a heart problem you'd not be here typing on this board. Keep that in mind, it helps.
Mike

This is probably a trigger but there are a number of heart conditions that don't show any symptoms till something happens. Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy is one, which is a regular cause of sudden death in young athletes. Anyway snew13 has had a number of tests done so it would be very, very unlikely for them to miss anything.

I don't like correcting people on this site as I know it's a trigger but I'd rather be honest as you need to be honest with yourself about anxiety to overcome it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline wegngis

• Rec's: 17
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • Personal Text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2015, 10:45:29 AM »
I wake up with a racing heart EVERY. SINGLE. MORNING. Even on non-work days! It's always from 90-130 and jolts me out of bed...

I wouldn't worry about a heart rate of 90.  It's certainly not a "racing heart."  Also, I have a tendency to be 100+ too in the morning, especially while standing in the shower just after getting out of bed.  My bet is it has something to do with getting that blood pressure up after laying down all night sleeping.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety happens at the subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state.  - AnxietyZone member Sixpack

Offline snew13

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2015, 01:36:28 PM »
My heart tends to race the minute I wake up BEFORE standing up. Some days it's higher than others. I just hate this! It beats quite fast most of the day too. I woke up with it at 140 once and that landed me in the ER and nothing showed to be abnormal (of course).
Bookmark and Share

Tags: