Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Worried About Heart!  (Read 2880 times)

Offline wolf44

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Re: Worried About Heart!
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2014, 10:16:27 AM »
Good to hear everything came back negative. Sorry but I don't know anything about the mitral valve. Be glad that everything else came back negative. Did you ask the cartiologist about it? Did they seem worried or seem like you needed a follow? It is time to move forward. You need to take it one day at a time. Unfortunately, I went back the ER last week because I had really bad pressure in the center of my chest. The results came back negative. I sat for 3 hours waiting to be discharged. It was a wake up call. The therapist thinks that since I have been weening off klonopin that my anxiety sky rocketed again but I am actually doing a lot better and starting to feel a lot better. I started to see a physical therapist as well and they are helping with the back and chest muscles. I think it's time that we move past all this Health Anxiety and live our lives. Anxiety is a pain in the ass and can be the cause of many problems. We must continue to deal with our thoughts. My therapist told me that since I don't need the klonopin anymore, now I have to use the CBT full force, otherwise I will have to take more medication. I don't want to do that again. We will be alright in the end.
Bookmark and Share
"We spent half our life crawling around the bottom of a glass bowl, and we ain't going back." Raphael TMNT

The past is all that's gone,
The future is yet to come.
This moment is all our own.
We should live this way,
Just building up our day,
Now and forever.
-Eiffel 65 Song

Offline snew13

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2014, 02:33:10 PM »
Good to hear, wolf44. Every nurse has told me that trace regurgitation is not a big deal at all and most people have that on their echoes (sometimes because the companies don't want to get SUED which is ridiculous to think about!). My friend who's 50 and has been a cardiac nurse her whole life was even joking about regurgitation with her colleagues the other day. I even called Health Fair (the company I did the tests with) and they said it's nothing to worry about at all.
Bookmark and Share

Offline MLB2805

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2014, 08:14:14 PM »
How did you find these tests? I want to do this!
Bookmark and Share
You don't have to control your thoughts. You just have to stop letting them control you.

Offline snew13

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2014, 07:58:47 AM »
Health Fair (www.healthfair.com). I paid $258 for mine ($2,000+ value).
Bookmark and Share

Offline MLB2805

• Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2014, 12:56:02 PM »
I am like you! Except I'm female and 30... I am crazily oversensitive in my chest and it drives me absolutely crazy! I'm also doing a 5k in September and want a full work up on my heart!
Bookmark and Share
You don't have to control your thoughts. You just have to stop letting them control you.

Offline snew13

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2014, 12:46:25 AM »
Yeah, I'm noticing a LOT of people on this site that have heart worries. I ran 3.16 miles today and ran/walked 5.22 miles last week! My heart worries are much less now that I had those tests done because I can attribute all of it to anxiety now.
Bookmark and Share

Offline jjZauis

• Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2014, 04:20:35 PM »
oh man, i can relate to this SO MUCH.  It's like I'm obsessed with any twinge or slight pain or stress in my chest and automatically assume im about to die from a heart attack.   I'm curious as to how CBT is working out for you?  I've had three sessions so far and am a little skeptical. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline mikewise77

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2014, 05:36:25 PM »
snew I will tell you the same things folks have told me before, if you had a heart issue you wouldn't be able to do the things you do. If you ran over 3 miles with a heart problem you'd not be here typing on this board. Keep that in mind, it helps.
Mike
Bookmark and Share

Offline snew13

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2014, 03:02:39 AM »
Thank you Mike.

jjZauis, three sessions isn't enough to make a determination. Keep going with it. I have enjoyed mine a lot, especially having a Christian therapist. CBT tends to be the best way to help control anxiety without masking the feelings through complicated medications, although sometimes medications ARE needed.
Bookmark and Share

Offline snew13

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2015, 08:38:19 AM »
Hey guys,
I'm back again. More heart worries. Even after ALL those tests I had done, I'm still having scary symptoms that are paralyzing me. I wake up with a racing heart EVERY. SINGLE. MORNING. Even on non-work days! It's always from 90-130 and jolts me out of bed, sometimes before my alarm goes off. The only thing that helps me is my beta blocker (Metoprolol which I only take a quarter of a pill) but then I'm worried I shouldn't take that everyday. It definitely slows my heart down. My diet is great but my life balance is completely off (too much work, lots of pressure in the next 3 weeks). Even on a Paleolithic diet, my stomach still gets into knots (bloating, etc.) and my sleep isn't very good and it seems that those symptoms have to be there in order for my heart to speed up. I'm SOOOO tired of this! I've been dealing with these heart worries for about 2 years now. I can't let it go!
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything