So, today my husband and I heard a beeping sound coming from what we thought was our fire alarm. We took the battery out as this usually stops the noise until we get a new one in. Well, the beeping kept coming. I looked down and noticed our carbon monoxide alarm was beeping. We looked on the back of it and said that try hitting the test button to see if the unit is going out or if it keeps beating to call your gas company. It stopped beating afterwards, but about 5 minutes later started again. I started to panic. We opened up all the windows and preceded to collect our daughter and animals. During this time I kept telling my husband that I am feeling really dizzy. I mean I've been dizzy, but not like this!!! I swear I smelt a odor. I started to develop a headache. We got them into the car and called the number. My husband asked if he needed to take me to the hospital. It took all my might to say NO. I have no idea what carbon monoxide can do if not treated after exposure! The tester showed up maybe a minute later and started walking through our home. At this point I had my husband so freaked out that he swore he was getting lightheaded when he walked into the garage.
The tester came out 30 minutes later and said, NOTHING, ALL CLEAR. I couldn't believe it. Here I am on the verge of going to the hospital because I swear I was dealing with carbon monoxide poisoning, and not a drop was detected. I felt like a complete you know what. After he left and we went back inside it took maybe 5 minutes and I was completely fine!! Ridiculous.
The point I am trying to make is it really is incredibile how easy we can make and exacerbate what symptoms we do have. How after even tests of all kinds have been done we still persist. I am completely guilty of this especially as of resent with my heart fears that have flown out of control.
Remember to keep in mind, the mind is a power thing. I think we can all certainly re-train it to be less symptomatic and regain control over our anxiety.