Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: ....Jesus is a anxiety savior  (Read 1633 times)

Offline hopeful78

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • www.everylastbreath.com
    • Poke This Member
Re: ....Jesus is a anxiety savior
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2014, 05:06:47 PM »
Nice to hear from another Christian. God has been such a comfort and a healer to me. Got me back from my worst!!! I wish more people were open to Him instead of the negative connotations about religion. He is where the peace and calm and purpose is at!!!
Bookmark and Share
www.everylastbreath.com::A blog about life, panic and purpose.

Online Calamy

• The Golden Eyed Commander of Wishes
  • Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • and Leon's getting larger!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2014, 08:30:22 PM »
I have been Christian all my life and had so much faith and went to healing masses and services and everything but I always had the anxiety. I really had faith, believed absolutely that God heals. Now the past few years I guess I have hit an area where after so much praying and faith etc. and still having the same stuff, I wonder what's going on. I get so tired of that old line, it's not Him, it's you not having enough this or that or too much of this or that. I know God can heal anyone, even those without faith if He chooses. To say He can't do something because of me just makes me angry because surely I'm not powerful enough to stop God from doing something He wants to do. So I wondered if He wanted to do it. The Bible says He does. I just mostly like to pray the bit from Ekekiel which says take out my stony heart of sin and give me a new heart with new and right desires. I think that is the most perfect prayer in the whole Bible. I just don't know where I stand with faith right now as it has been very shaken by a lot of things.
Bookmark and Share
"Fear is such a vicious thing; it wraps me up in chains." - Tears for Fears, "The Working Hour"

Offline CNikki

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2014, 04:14:15 AM »
I like the principals and ways that he was trying to teach to other people, but I really don't see how he can actually 'be with you' in your everyday life. For a few years I've been struggling and thought at one point I had a grasp as to what he is/was. Now when I try to find that again it simply won't click. I'm not going to list as the reasons why too much even though my original intention was to do so since I don't want to rain on other people's parade who do believe. I was raised as a Catholic and I know how it is to not want to let go completely of the thought, however.

Yes, I have prayed in a sense that I felt was best fit. I still wasn't 'listened' to. I have went down the path to accept that Christ died on the cross. It was actually not long after that was when I felt there was nothing afterwards. As a matter of fact when even trying to think about it my anxiety only gets worse at some points.
Bookmark and Share
I'm too weak to live, I'm too weak to die.

Offline NytViolet

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2014, 12:33:04 AM »
During times of severe anxiety I call on the name of JESUS!  He is my strength in times of trouble.  Many nights I've dropped to my knees in despair and asked for the comfort of the Holy Spirit...He comes.  I know that fear is not of God, so I pray for release and comfort.
Bookmark and Share
God does not give us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Offline HNDFL

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Never Give Up Never Back Down
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2014, 08:49:30 PM »
Today has been a very very rough day and I have my faith. But unfortunelety I cannot find it. I have my Bible, I have prayed. My prayers are unanswered so far but I know in time they will be answered!!
Bookmark and Share
"An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up"-Proverbs 12:25

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."-John 14:27

Offline superapple

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2014, 04:05:59 PM »
I agree, quotes from the bible when i feel sad make me feel better
Bookmark and Share
If I don't reply to your post send me a PM with the link to the post or send me the message :)

Tags: