long story, but i'm now afraid that our furnace and fireplace are potentially hazardous. our house is old and the furnace for the den is outside in the fireplace closet(hard to explain). we recently had our fireplace inspected and they mentioned that the furnace vents through the chimney. the chimney is a "potential hazard" according to them. i don't know if that means that the utility flue that vents through there is hazardous or not. but, now i'm scared. i'm sitting here with the heat on and my nose is getting stopped up and i feel kinda weird. my hubby is here too.
i have an OLD OLD OLD CM detector plugged in, but honestly i don't trust it(i'm gonna get a new one). i don't want to read too much about CM for fear of fueling this anxiety, but i need to know the facts. i do know that since it is a light gas, the detector that i have plugged in is probably at the wrong level. i read it should be at least 5 ft above the ground. the one in our back bedroom hallway is on the ceiling and is wired(it's new and was done right, i think :) so, is there a way to know if this is hazardous? is my stuffy nose a symptom(and i think i feel kinda light headed, but don't know if that's just anxiety). i have drainage down my throat too.
anyway, my hubby thinks it's ridiculous and is no help.
he says we've been here for 13 years and haven't had a problem. i say, well, maybe we've just been lucky so far. what if we take our chances and our luck runs out.
i really need help with this. not with the anxiety so much as with what to do? the steps i can take to make sure it's safe? then, if i'm still anxious, i can know that i'm safe and face my anxiety...