Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: What's your dream job?  (Read 1641 times)

Offline DaphneNL

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: What's your dream job?
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2013, 05:06:47 PM »
I would love to help children with the help of my horses. Give them comfort, let them know they're great the way they are. Horses can really be a blessing for kids.
Bookmark and Share

Offline BexterBlue

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2013, 08:24:51 PM »
Hmm... Ultimate dream job... I would say working with senior citizens. Maybe as an advocate or even better, a senior citizen event planner. I would love to work at some country club organizing fun stuff for seniors to do!
Bookmark and Share

Offline jessica92

• Jessica
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2013, 11:05:22 PM »
Poet and fiction writer and professor. ^^ I am hoping to actually do these things. Planning on doing an MFA after taking time off after my BA, then hopefully doing a doctorate in my mid to late twenties. :)
Bookmark and Share
"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
- Albus Dumbledore

Offline andrealynn

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2013, 12:59:29 AM »
This is actually very fitting to what I'm currently going theough. I'm about to graduate with my bachelors degree in psychology and I've changed my mind numerous times as to what I want to do with my life. I believe is a huge factor in my anxiety.

And as of right now my dream job would be to travel the world and be a part of an organization that promotes environmental awareness and conservation. My main goal is to help the environment and people and feel like my life has meaning and a purpose. I have no idea where to start to make this dream a reality, especially since the last four years towards my degree might not be of any use, but I won't give up and I'm going to try my hardest to accomplish this. [:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Michael-Eden

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2013, 05:42:27 AM »
I'm working my way to being a funeral home director. It might sound odd but I feel it's important to pay proper respect to those who've passed and to help the family/friends left behind through the loss. I don't know if it's really a 'dream job' , but  I should be good to go in just another year. Woot.
Bookmark and Share
"what matters most is
how well you
walk in the
fire."
Charles Bukowski

Online tinam7

• Rec's: 73
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2013, 08:22:26 AM »
I'd want to work with people before they get to the last stop. Think about death a lot because I'm in that last stage and, oddly enough, like it. Anxiety and depression and fear and worry face a formidable enemy in me now.

What reverberates in my mind is an old man in a weights class objecting to me by saying, "We don't get any better looking." I told him, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."
Bookmark and Share

Offline mikemike

• Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2013, 06:51:07 PM »
Ya Know Its Funny With My Anxiety But I Have Always Wanted To Be A Funeral Director I Like The Idea Of Helping Families Through Hard Times And Would Love To Make A Living From My Writing As Well
Bookmark and Share
Concentration is a fine antidote to anxiety.-
Jack Nicklaus

Offline bittersweetlife

• Cowardly neurotic anxious stressed out depressed human being.
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2013, 01:34:02 AM »
I wanted to become a successful entrepreneur and managing my own business. Well somehow i also want to become a TV Personality like a Host or Actor something :) Haha
Bookmark and Share
"There's a time & a place to die.. but this ain't it" - Paramore (from the song "Now")
Hakuna Matata - "It means no worries" - Timon & Pumba (Disney's Lion King)
“Anxiety's like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you very far.” - Jodi Picoult, Sing You Home

Offline Andrea24

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2013, 05:52:39 PM »
I would want to be a successful travel blogger.  Oh, travel, how I love thee :yes:.  I also secretly dream of being a famous actress :goofy:
Bookmark and Share
~I have found intelligence and success to be hazardous~

Offline Arnatuille

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2013, 06:28:52 PM »
I want to be a pastry chef in a 3 michelin star restaurant or basically any michelin star restaurant.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cilantro

• Mood: Hungry
    Hungry
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2013, 10:42:28 PM »
I would love to help children with the help of my horses. Give them comfort, let them know they're great the way they are. Horses can really be a blessing for kids.

Therapy animals really seem to be catching on with dogs, cats, and other smaller animals. I think it may be possible for horses, too.
Bookmark and Share

Offline LebronGOAT

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2013, 01:08:24 AM »
Become a corporate lawyer/wearing a snappy suit everyday!
Bookmark and Share

Offline GADawg87

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2013, 04:03:13 PM »
I've always wanted to be a lawyer and will be taking the bar in February. Law school is definitely challenging, but very fun if you are super interested in the field. I've never let any issues that I have with anxiety get in the way of my academic performances, however it's been tough at time. In fact, very few of my friends even know that I have any anxiety problems at all. I sometimes wonder if it's a bad thing to keep your anxieties bottled up, but I feel like that it's necessary at times in order to comply with social norms.
Bookmark and Share

Online SummerSun41

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2013, 12:10:16 AM »
I have a few different "dream jobs." I secretly wish I was a famous singer. You'd get to travel everywhere and have tons of fans and always be busy... not to mention the money. I feel like I'd be a very genuine, down-to-earth famous person and I'd always interact with my fans and use most of my money for charitable causes.

I also dream about being some kind of tour guide at a national park, such as Yosemite or Zion or the Grand Canyon. I mean, how awesome would it be to help people learn and enjoy the beauty of God's creation everyday of your life? I love being outside and in nature, too, so it would be an awesome career for me.

Most realistically, I'd love to have a show like "Rehab Addict" on DIY/HGTV network. If you're not familiar with it, the host Nicole Curtis buys old houses that are way past their prime and "restored them to their former glory" by renovating them and remodeling them with finishes that look original to the time period of the house. I think it'd be so fun and so interesting to learn all the ins & outs of home remodeling and stuff.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2013, 09:46:39 PM »
Lately, I've been dreaming of being a farmer, but I think I would be happy doing almost anything if I was self-employed.
Bookmark and Share
I'm working on being happy with what I can do, rather than sad for what I cannot do

Tags: