Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Is twitching REALLY normal for anxiety?  (Read 833 times)

Offline jn604

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Is twitching REALLY normal for anxiety?
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2013, 05:57:36 PM »
Twitching is real. It's not imagined. It has several causes related to stress/anxiety.

When you're anxious, you tend to tense your muscles. This tension can cause your muscles to spasm/twitch.

The other reason is nutritional/hormonal. When you are anxious/stressed all the time it causes your body to constantly be releasing cortisol and adrenaline and this causes all sorts of crazy things in your body. Your body ends up using up a lot more vitamins/minerals to handle all the added stress. It's quite likely you are deficient in one of the many vitamins/minerals that can cause muscle twitching(dont worry this isnt serious).

The way to combat those thing is obviously reduce your stress. You can be anxious. That's fine. You're allowed to have anxiety. Just try and reduce the stress it takes on your body and also try and fuel your body as well as you can. Eat better. Exercise regularly(helps reduce muscle tension), supplement if necessary. Next time you get anxious try not to let that turn into stress. Just allow yourself to feel anxious. lay down do some deep breathing. Think some peaceful thoughts and relax as much as possible and wait for it all to pass.
Bookmark and Share

Offline patagonia816

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2013, 11:14:05 AM »
Ive actually noticed twitching in my middle to left of my back, and abdomen too. Maybe twice in my calf. When I exercise I feel like I am symptom free. Try going for a brisk walk, if you can.
Bookmark and Share
We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. - Oscar Wilde

Offline alexthegreat98

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2013, 11:24:11 AM »
I just got over a really bad cold, and since then my upper left eyelid has been twitching non-stop. Usually my twitching just travels around, but my eyelid has been twitching since the beginning of December. I know that I am the cause of it because when I don't focus on it...the twitching stops. Once I pay attention to it...the show begins again!
Sometimes in your head its eaiser to beleve what google says: that I have Parkinson or MS....but then I think back to the time that my foot twitched for three weeks and then stopped...or my forehead, or my calf, fingers, or toes. They all stopped eventually! That's why when I now search online for what is wrong...I always come here now. I create this anxiety in my head because of the stresses in my life (that I also create!)
AZ is a great reminder of all of this when our mind wanders and says, "What if?"
Bookmark and Share

Tags: