Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: "Wigging" Out Again After Many Years!! Your feedback, please  (Read 277 times)

Offline Flipped my wig

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • PTSD, GAD, Panic, Hypo, Agor
    • Poke This Member
"Wigging" Out Again After Many Years!! Your feedback, please
« on: August 29, 2013, 06:50:35 PM »
Hello

Just moved from x-country & went to see an GP today because this state won't allow me to see a P dr until 60 days of residency/limited appts., etc.

He (the GP) repeatedly asked me if I have lupus, which I kept on telling him, I don't know because I've never been diagnosed.

So, the 1st available appt. with a psych dr is Sept. 26th.  He also scheduled me with a neurologist, a dermatologist, and a gynecologist.

I tried to explain to him how my symptoms were keeping me awake for over a week, & have caused me to pull over while driving due to panic.  He just laughed & called me a hypochondriac! >:(.  I inquired about a basic blood
Test panel to check hormone levels, etc. & he said I was experiencing too many symptoms & laughed again!!  I started crying  :traurig001: & then he laughed & said go to the ER.

Needless to say, I felt so put down, I will not go back to him ever!

Should I have gone to the ER?  I am wigging/freaking out so much, I don't know what to do....

Your opinions are appreciated as I am not able to cook for my family tonight--just not functioning well enough...carry-out will have to do :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline togepi567

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: "Wigging" Out Again After Many Years!! Your feedback, please
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 08:47:51 PM »
Is your anxiety coming from the move? (Seems like it...) Sorry that you got laughed at.  :(

You could go to the ER, perhaps pay a lot of money depending on your insurance, and they'll give you benzos I would guess. Doesn't seem worth the money unless you legitimately think you're dying or something. You could also go to another GP, no? And he/she could prescribe something for you.

Not sure if you legitimately think you have a medical issue or you know it's just anxiety.

Anyways, good luck. Maybe if you provided more information, people could give more enlightening responses. ^^
Bookmark and Share

Tags: