Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Panic disorder and agoraphobia  (Read 691 times)

Offline Nevaxwife

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Panic disorder and agoraphobia
« on: August 28, 2013, 12:31:18 PM »
 I'm new to this site. So i will i will explain a little about myself and why i am here. I have suffered from panic and depression since i was a little girl. When i was little i remember watching tv just to stay awake all night, i didnt want to go to sleep. I was afraid of death. As i got older that fear got better, After i had my first son , i had a major anxiety attack that brought me to the ER, they gave me antidepressants, helped greatly, until i became pregnant again. I am now a wife and mother of four children. I went off meds 6 months ago, because they started not to work. I feel i have tried so many meds and wondering why they arnt working are the wrongfully diagnosing me? I am stuck in the house unless my husband is around, Im not able to drive, i hate being by myself too. I am suppose to have an orientation tommorrow for a new job, but i cant even drive. Its starting to effect everyone in my life and hard for them to understand, i feel so alone. I want my life back, just seems to be getting worse. my mind is always going about crazy things. I feel as its even turned into a driving phobia. i was laso diagnosed with ptsd. Someone please tell me you understand, and good med suggestions and therapies?
Bookmark and Share

Online Lunatone

• Rec's: 14
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Panic disorder and agoraphobia
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 10:56:06 AM »
The medicines aren't a cure. They are there to calm some of the worst problems down so you can get a handle on things. Eventually, that stops working. Really, if you've gotten to this stage, Cognitive behavioral therapy is usually the best bet. It has an extremely high success rate over a relatively short amount of time. Of course i'm not a doctor, but its advice ive seen work a ton of times. Most people don't go because they don't think it could be much of a help. But apparently it really is. Not for me because my brain's all tricky and will freak out over nonsense like how ridiculously hot the Sun is, but for sane people it works pretty well!

Seriously though that thing is freaking hot. Its 100 million kilometers away and can still burn us. Wouldn't go near it if I were you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nevaxwife

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 12:14:33 AM »
Oh i know med isn't the only cure. My doc said CBT and meds are a good combo, i know that meds help with my racing thoughts. Im always worrying over petty things. It doesn't do me any good, but its so hard not too. Its nice to also here from you about the CBT, i'm def going to try it out thank you!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Aidan27

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 09:43:48 PM »
I sometimes feel like these panic attacks are going to last forever. I just try to tell myself that it can't last forever. I too have these racing thoughts. I sometimes feel like I am trapped in my own mind. I don't have any friends, so I spend most time to myself. I talk to some people when I go to the grocery store. I don't know if there only talking to me because they have to. Night time is extremely rough for me. I just feel so alone. Which means early evenings are rough because I know night is coming soon. When I think about meds it just makes me even more anxious. I don't like change.  Does anyone know of any videos I can watch to tryand calm down and go to sleep.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Julie A. Cook

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 08:16:20 AM »
Interesting that we all have different times of the day where we feel worse or abit better.  For me, when the sun starts going down, that's when I get some relief.

CRawl into bed, try to get warm and cozy, hug yourself.  I like to watch a good or funny movie.  Last night I watched Ace Ventura, WHen Nature Calls!

If need be, get up and look atthestars and the moon if they are out.  Know that there are many people thinkig of you and knowing what you're goingthrough.

All my best,  Julie
Bookmark and Share

Tags: