Glad you came by here . . .congrats on your job . . .
Before you start trashing on yourself because you are having problems, you need to remember a couple of things:
1. this job is a new job for you and it will take time for you to get into the rhythm of the job;
2. the environment of the job is fast paced with different aspects . . . take it easy and do each one as slowly as you need to do it; as you become accustomed to the routine, your speed will improve;
3. remember that no one is perfect at the beginning of a new experience . . . it is good to have expectations for improvement but these need to be realistic . . .
4. this is your first job and it won't be your last so learn from the experience . . .
5. you are not stupid and the other people there probably have more experience . . .
You are feeling disappointed in yourself because your expectations were that you were going to be perfect . . . perhaps you could ask one of the more experienced people to let you in on their techniques or perhaps you could ask the manager if you could take a copy of the list of codes home with you so that you could learn the codes for the more popular drinks . . . .multitasking comes with practice and practice needs to build up gradually . . . yeah, I know that many managers want immediate perfection --- do the best you can . . . .
As for the connection with anxiety/depression . . . .when you put yourself under pressure, then this can trigger anxiety; when you think that you have not performed as expected, this can trigger depression . . . this job, as I said, is not the only job you will have . . . some people are good at different things because of personalities and experience and skills . . . I have tried to become self-sufficient in terms of fixing things around the house and I am completely inept . . . part is because I have an issue with spatial relationships and part is because I rarely need to do anything that requires me to repair things, but, according to feedback, I am a preferred trainer for computer applications because of my skills in explaining complex concepts in terms relevant to the learners and this came with practice . . . .so, what I am saying is that do your best to succeed at this job and whatever happens know that you did your best, learn from the experience, and apply this experience to your next job . . . .
I really am glad you joined us and felt comfortable in sharing your experience . . . we appreciate it because it is sometimes difficult to do this . . . please let us know how we can support you as we will always do as best as we can . . .take care, kc