Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: What Do You Believe Happpens When You Die?  (Read 4616 times)

Offline tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
Re: What Do You Believe Happpens When You Die?
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2014, 07:59:17 AM »
It is actually liberating to think there is nothing once the light goes out, just as there was nothing before we were popped into this world.

It is a gift to the extent we make peace with ourself and make life better for others. It is always dazzling for the mind. Wonder if I have contradicted myself yet, ha ha.
Bookmark and Share

Offline StrawberryCraze91

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2014, 09:59:17 PM »
I am Christian, but I don't know exactly what heaven is like, so many denominations and Abrahamic religion as a whole is do diverse I don't know.  I do believe in an afterlife and a spiritual realm, I have seen and experienced far too many things not to.  I don't talk about them though, people already think I am crazy and I don't want to fuel the fire any more.

I personally think some go to heaven, some go to hell and some(both good and bad) remain here.  I am an esoteric Christian and know a few Sufi muslims, so we basically believe we experience God while on this earth as well as in the next life.

I have a fear of dying young so I think about this quite a bit.
Bookmark and Share
Pslam 56:3
When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.

Isaiah 54:17
"No weapon that is formed against you will prosper"

Peter 5:7
"casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you."

Offline raggamuffin

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2014, 03:32:05 AM »
Nothing happens in my opinion. Science will not be able to prove one way or the other in our lifetime and i'm an atheist so take no comfort in religion which is merely a formalized panic about death anyway.

Ed
Bookmark and Share
Feel free to add me on the book of faces - "Ed Raggamuffin Foulds"

Offline ShawnW

• Rec's: 21
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2014, 05:26:49 AM »
We are all looking through the glass darkly.  I grew up in the church but I had questions but the answers provided didn't satisfy.  I have believed in a loving Creator for as long as I can remember.  So, classic notions of heaven and hell never really made sense to me.  I studied the concept of hell for around two years.  I studied Hebrew and Greek translation and origin.  I studied the history.  At the end of my study I came to a few conclusions.  I believe life is a spiritual schooling through physical being.  To become like our Creator we must understand good and evil...pain and pleasure...happiness and depression...joy and sadness.  We must become aware of how selfish actions...and self centered behaviors hurt harmony and unity...destroying rather than building.  The pain and loss we experience during this training is temporal.  It does have an end.  I believe there will come a time when ALL people will return to our Creator.  With that said, I believe those who die without learning...die in self centeredness without love for others and God will have to go through further training...referenced in the Greek translations of the Bible as Gehenna.  This too I believe is temporal and ends when the soul learns what they need to learn.  Eventually, I believe all souls return to God and live in love.  After that is anyone's guess but I would like to think that we will continue to work and serve those who are in the process of learning...healing and helping those in need eternally.
Bookmark and Share
My insight, thoughts, experiences or advice that may be posted in this forum are not meant as a substitution for the advice of your physician.

Want to know how to address your anxiety?
http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,93402.msg521266.html#msg521266

Offline superapple

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2014, 01:46:59 PM »
im a roman catholic so I believe that you go to heaven if you are good and hell if you do bad
Bookmark and Share
If I don't reply to your post send me a PM with the link to the post or send me the message :)

Offline ShawnW

• Rec's: 21
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2014, 11:20:38 AM »
im a roman catholic so I believe that you go to heaven if you are good and hell if you do bad
  Then we are all in trouble I suppose...for Jesus didn't even want to be referred to as good.
Bookmark and Share
My insight, thoughts, experiences or advice that may be posted in this forum are not meant as a substitution for the advice of your physician.

Want to know how to address your anxiety?
http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,93402.msg521266.html#msg521266

Offline superapple

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2014, 05:54:09 PM »
I think that as long as you are sorry if you do something wrong, whatever it is, as long as you are sorry and ask for forgiveness and mean it and believe and have faith in god i think that you will go to heaven, where if you are bad and keep doing bad things and think that you are right for doing it i think you will go to hell.
Bookmark and Share
If I don't reply to your post send me a PM with the link to the post or send me the message :)

Offline jessica92

• Jessica
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2014, 07:26:30 PM »
I'm mainly Pagan and identify as a Witch, a person who practices Witchcraft. I draw my spirituality from sources such as Wicca, Druidry, Shamanism, and Taoism. :)
As for what I believe happens after death, to be honest, I'm not sure. I have a few different "theories" that comfort me. I'm pretty sure that SOMETHING happens, but I also acknowledge the possibility of nothing happening. What I generally believe in is reincarnation, with a resting place in between lives. However, I also hold the Druidic belief of different worlds in which we can be reincarnated into, including worlds with beings with much more spiritual ability than humans. I also like the idea that, after some amount of time spent reincarnating, you can choose to become one with everything and stop existing as consciousnesses.
Bookmark and Share
"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
- Albus Dumbledore

Offline gouldbergvariations

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2014, 01:30:39 AM »
I don't put any "faith" in any fairytale a or happy endings . I do not believe in anything per se, I simply follow what science tells us. At this point, science tells us that when you die , you go braindead... without your brain you cannot experience consciousness as it is a result of complex interplay between neurons etc etc. So , when you die its lights out. The notion of some mystical or afterlife is the product of certain areas of our highly developed cortex. If there was a heaven and hell, all animals , all plants and every living organism would go there... as we are all derived from common ancestors. The only thing separating us from other organisms is humanity's  ego and delusion that we are somehow divine and special .  There is one good thing to look forward to, when I die ,I will decompose and my energy content will be released and fuel nutrient cycling/ survival / growth of other organisms. If only I could be requested to be thrown in the forest, no casket... nothing unnatural. The way it should be.
Bookmark and Share

Offline AndForAMoment

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2014, 03:28:02 AM »
I think we are reincarnated. I've always felt I died in a car crash as a baby. This was way before seatbelts were even invented. I do think, also, this is why driving scares me so much I can hardly do it.
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything