Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: What Do You Believe Happpens When You Die?  (Read 4874 times)

Offline tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
Re: What Do You Believe Happpens When You Die?
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2014, 08:19:12 AM »
Good for you. You'll see results and feel rewarded. Much depends on a person's metabolism. Maybe yours was slow to begin with and it does not get better as we get up there. Chocolate is my worst weakness. Occasionally I allow some.

My main trick is to eat the primary meal during the day, not evening. Brain is notified, "Not much after this" and thoughts of food are banished. Floss and brush teeth and am done except for water or tea. Keeps weight mostly even. Also exercise and walk. That helps too. But no matter what I do waist wants to disappear.

Just want to add that we seem to be drifting into talk about diet in GenSec's thread in Addiction section re alcohol (and chocolate), probably more appropriate than here. He seems to want to talk diet too. Thought I'd mention this.
Bookmark and Share

Offline GenSec

• Rec's: 56
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2014, 08:49:11 PM »
Yes, I'm trying to eat less and eat better.  I don't drink sodas hardly at all anymore...once in awhile I'll have a diet coke or something.  My weakness is chocolate  :angry-smiley-034: 
But I am one of those people who has battled weight their whole life.  I was born at over 10 pounds!  I've never been thin except for when I used to intentionally not eat.  In my 20's I used to starve myself.  I would eat nothing but water crackers on most days.  But that was years ago, and clearly, that wasn't healthy anyway.  As you get older, it gets harder to keep the weight off.  But I am trying with small changes.

Hi DL,

You know, i'm not sure everybody was meant to be thin. :winking0008: I think we all naturally come in different shapes and sizes, and a naturally cuddly lady can be just as pretty as a naturally thinner one. Its sad that this thin-obsessed culture we live in that girls in their teens and twenties like yourself feel the need to half starve themselves. My personal feelings on the subject are that if a person is naturally bigger then as long as its not impacting adversely on their health then they're fine just the way they are. :happy0062: Acceptance of ourselves is such a healthy thing. Being bigger doesn't automatically mean the person is unhealthy or unattractive, nor that they need to battle with themselves endlessly in the pursuit of thinness.

I'm just not a fan of this one-size-fits-all attitude nowadays, particularly when it comes to the ladies because they tend to suffer the most from it, sadly.

I mean come on... a life without chocolate? Is that really a life worth living i ask!? :laugh3:

Regards,
Gen.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Doxie Lover

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Hanging In
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2014, 10:33:58 PM »
Tinam,

I think this board was actually a discussion about what we believe happens after death...but yes...we seem to have drifted off topic.

GenSec,

Unfortunately, we live in a world where physical beauty is placed above all else.  But my days of starving are over...I'm now middle-aged and can't/won't go through the whole not eating thing.  I couldn't even if I wanted to because it would increase my anxiety.  I used to "diet" when I was young before anxiety and panic attacks began to occur.  But now it is inconceivable since lots of things trigger my anxiety.

And you're right...who could or would want to live without chocolate??   :laugh3:   It's practically my only vice anymore!
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2014, 08:09:05 AM »
Maybe we can tie this in to the origins of the thread and suggest we want to look sharp when we arrive at the Pearly Gates.

Forgetting the images paraded in front of us, it does feel better when clothes are not pinching and hurting because of body dimensions. With less weight we are likely to have more time here and can postpone the concern about the other side. We want to be the ideal weight for our bone structure. We thereby ease the burden on the internal organs and can delay our trip elsewhere. When I get there I want the gents to notice me. They seem to like slim and shapely.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ineedtosmile

• Some Weirdo that needs to smile.
  • Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • An experienced hypochondriac...
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2014, 06:49:56 AM »
As a religious person, I believe in heaven.
Bookmark and Share
Personal note no.23 - Think of some funny caption to put in here

Online flyaway

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2014, 01:41:03 AM »
This is something I give a lot of thought to.  I imagine it being a place of enlightenment, freedom, and love (helloooo hippy!  :goofy:).  I hope it's a place where there are no more questions, just answers.

That's what I feel in my heart, anyway.  Death isn't something I fear.  I guess we'll all find out someday!
Bookmark and Share
I will fight for your right to be weird- just as I know you will fight for mine.
― Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Doxie Lover

• Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Hanging In
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2014, 07:43:45 PM »
Maybe we can tie this in to the origins of the thread and suggest we want to look sharp when we arrive at the Pearly Gates.

Forgetting the images paraded in front of us, it does feel better when clothes are not pinching and hurting because of body dimensions. With less weight we are likely to have more time here and can postpone the concern about the other side. We want to be the ideal weight for our bone structure. We thereby ease the burden on the internal organs and can delay our trip elsewhere. When I get there I want the gents to notice me. They seem to like slim and shapely.

Ha ha!  Good way to look at it Tinam.  As for myself, as I said, I'm agnostic so I don't believe in any organized religion or any of the philosophies that go with it.  I'm one of these people that believes in proof and since there is none yet of what happens to us, I assume that like plants and other living things, we merely die.  The whole thing is depressing really, so I try not to think about it, but I when I am going through extreme anxiety, I usually do.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ScaredBunny

• Hyperanxious Rabbity Thing
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2014, 05:31:23 AM »
Probably nothing, but I like that. I think and feel so much that sometimes a concept of nothingness is oddly comforting. I've suffered from various forms of anxiety for my entire life, so it would be nice not to feel scared all the time! :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Liana

• Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2014, 05:24:07 PM »
I'm unsure of what I believe happens.  I'm not a religious person, and definitely don't believe in Heaven, or Hell.  I don't believe in reincarnation.  Although reincarnation would be awesome if I could come back as either a really pampered dog or cat, or a huge great white shark... I have a strong feeling that it is a state of nothingness.  Like prior to being born.  I haven't seen any ghosts, or think I've even encountered a poltergeist  that would make me believe in what cuch was speaking of, so I find it hard to believe in being around in any form after dying.  What ever one believes I think is beautiful for themselves, as long as they accept it.

I used to be terrified of dying.  I don't know if it's becoming an adult, or a state of acceptance in what happens in life, but I'm not as afraid.  I have found a really way of being useful to the earth after death.  My ashes being buried with a tree seed, and the seed grows from the minerals and nutrients I've left behind.  For me it's perfect.  There is a company that does it for you and snap, you're a tree!!!

I don't comment on a lot, but this particular post peaked my interest.  Talking about taking care of yourselves for a nice long future is nice.  Keep up the good work being healthy people, and live what you have to the fullest!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lililanny

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2014, 05:43:35 PM »
This is something I have been struggling with for almost a year and a half now. I was raised as Catholic. I never really questioned  much about what I was taught. Then I became a mother and have since questioned everything! I spend a lot of time thinking about it....and worrying about it. I haven't fully decided, but I'm leaning towards the fact that there is nothing after death. It makes the most sense. I just wish it didn't. I guess, even though we come in on our own and we leave on our own, the important part is to love and to be loved in our lifetime.
Bookmark and Share
Hypochondria is the only disease I haven't got - Graffito

Offline PinkIcePrincess

• Rec's: 9
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2014, 05:47:45 PM »
I have to say this.. I believe in God and his son Jesus Christ and that Jesus died on the cross for me and those that believe and even for those that don't..

I also believe in Heaven and Hell and if I don't pull my head out of my own rear and start being a better person I wont be in Heaven with my loved ones.. so that is my goal to change me and not try and change others..

I believe in Forgiveness which is very hard to do but when we Forgive it is also about Us being forgiven and acknowledging we did wrong.. I am wrong a lot!!  I say sorry for everything even when I don't need to say sorry it is a habit but maybe all this time I was suppose to say sorry I don't know.. We also need to know when to say I am sorry please forgive but also know we can not please everyone and surrounding ourselves by people who never admit they do wrong or hurt people nor want to acknowledge they are in the wrong sometimes it is best to walk away and love them from a distance and drop all the pain at the foot of the Cross ..

I do know also many are afraid of death I am not afraid of death because once you are dead it is done and where ever you believe or whatever you believe in is pretty much done because your life is over but I fear suffering and the pain the illnesses the medicine the bad news also seeing loved ones being so ill and then passing away..

Life sure isn't easy is it and very hard to understand.. I don't push religion on anyone because I don't want anyone pushing anything on me..

Me being Ocd I expect a lot I can see me going to Heaven and saying well God those pearly gates need shined they aren't so pearly or if I go to Hell saying Satan its to hot down here and if you don't turn the heat down I am gonna bust your nose ..yes I am one to argue lol so I am gonna lose either way ... but I do want to go to Heaven and I pray God forgives me and accepts me.. I would like to talk too Jesus really bad and I am sure at one point and time he would say Mona you talk way to much!! lol.. He knows me already though..

If it were true and it may be but if I come back as anything I would want to be like my granny she was a quiet person who never judged anyone or never argued and could cook the best noodles and yeast rolls.. she loved her family .

As I am writing this I am thinking of my own Mom who has terminal cancer and Praying for a Miracle and wondering what will I do without my best friend and who will I call 3 times a day or more I didn't get to spend a lot of time with my mom growing up and even in adulthood because of many things but I forgive her and I will be beside her or her beside me maybe when we leave this Earth and know that no matter what LOVE will always LIVE.. I want to be in Heaven with her and she with me... okay I am done..

PinkIcePrincess..  :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2014, 10:14:13 PM »
According to Norse Paganism if I'm heroic on the field of battle I will be allowed to spend eternity in Valhalla when I die. I'm not exactly sure what's going to happen if I'm not heroic on the field of battle. I suppose according to what I've learned about Norse Paganism I will spend eternity in one of the other halls. I'm still learning about this religion, but it's already helped me  :happy0151:

As for losing weight, I just came to the conclusion losing weight is the most important thing I can do to improve my life. I have fatty liver disease, so losing weight is about more than just looking better, it's about health. It's about fealing better. It's also about surfing better. I gained 70 pounds after taking seroquel, and I tried to surf with this weight, and I literally can count the number of waves I caught during this time on one hand. However since losing 30 pounds, I'm surfing much better. When I'm surfing well, I feel better about myself, and I also feel better because I'm more comfortable with my body  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Tld.

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2014, 05:50:34 AM »
Im not sure what I believe, but I went this a spiritualist church with a friend once, and completely messed me up. What they do their is talk to people they have messages for, and I nearly poo'd my pant whenthe guy asked to talk to me. Ive always thought they were con artists and just generalised thing, but this guy told me these that nobody could possibly know, he gave me the name of my umcle george and the illness he died of and told me the date my mum died and 'was shown' how I was told about it and who by. Je also knew things like nicknames we had and a very personal detail about a crocodile jumper I had when I was 6 and still have to this day. I have no answers for how on earth he could have known these things.

I think I now believe that our 'personality'/soul are inprinted on people in our lives, memories amd feeling that dont just dissapear when we die. So although our bodies no longer exist that will carry on, and I think that certain people (like the spiritualist) are sensitive to this and can pick up on that imprint on us, and may confuse it with thi gs like ghosts ect, hope this makes sense.
Bookmark and Share

Offline stephpagan09

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2014, 02:45:50 PM »
I think this is a very broad question and can definitely be interpreted in many different ways.. but one way to look at it.. is why are we here in the first place? i'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. Life is too beautiful for us to come from nothingness and leave in the same way.

Us as humans have feelings and emotions, we get happy and sad. Depressed and excited... I'm a Christian and believe there is life after death what that "life" really means.. we will never know.

As complex as we are as humans there has to be more than just death and nothingness... take a look around at everything.. Life is beautiful.

I dont know thats my personal opinion and how I see the world.
Bookmark and Share

Offline cromptonia

• Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • love and then love some more
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2014, 11:02:49 PM »
I sort of believe we are a living energy, and that energy does not die so we carry on living as an energy force, wether concious or unconcious
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything