Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: What Do You Believe Happpens When You Die?  (Read 3279 times)

Offline sweetnspunky

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
What Do You Believe Happpens When You Die?
« on: August 19, 2013, 12:18:44 AM »
Just wondering. I don't want a religious debate or anything. My papaw recently died and it got me thinking about it. I have a major fear of death and I try to make myself feel better by reading about near death experiences and a couple I know said they have experienced NDE but I wonder if its just something we want to happen and so we experience it in times of great peril. I am trying to cope with there be nothing after this and I want care but I can't wrap my brain around it. Though I do believe there could be real ghosts. Or its just cool to believe there could be. What do you believe and does it comfort you?
Bookmark and Share
Let It Be

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
Re: What Do You Believe Happpens When You Die?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 06:51:28 AM »
See can you find a book called ' dead happy '. Very easy to read. But what I believe is that a lot of dead people don't actually know they have died. They continue on as normal. Might return home. Might see people crying and upset. Might try and reach out to those people. As they don't want them sad or upset. But then they begin to cop onto the fact that something is wrong. As they are been ignored. Nobody can see them. Reality kicks in. The acceptance of death. Now they are on another level than us. There are spirit guides. People who can see them. Talk to them. Explain what has happened. Here is the part were we must accept the death too. They never want to leave behind a family of loved ones that are in pieces over their passing. Most will refuse to move on if their loved ones are wishing them to be still here. They will want to be still there with them. So it can be important to let them move on. Tell them you love them. That you always will love and remember them. But that you accept that have moved over to the other side. This is giving them your permission to move on. To not remain trapped in that in between place. Once they have that permission from all the family they will move on. It will be just as hard for them. No doubt from time to time they will look in on you. One sign can be feathers. White feathers. I even found one in my house after my father died. One thing finding them outside. But on the window ledge inside the house. No windows open at all. If they ever smoked, you may still get that smell of tobacco from time to time. Just them looking over you. They have accepted their passing at this stage and can freely move about. Dropping the odd hint they are always there to protect you. Just my own take on it all. Not one bit of religion needed.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 09:15:47 AM »
Don't know what's wrong with me but I just accept that I come from nowhere I know and will go into that same unknown. In fact, I try to prepare those I'll leave behind to accept what I accept, remember our good times together and simply celebrate the life that was. In fact, I think it is the Irish who gather to celebrate the life that was. Very intelligent.

The good part about this approach is that it can enable us to live the life we have to the best of our ability.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 16
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 11:53:10 PM »
I always have trouble explaining this, cause its something that lacks solid definition. But here's the term I feel best represents my thoughts: The Darkness Beyond Time. Time no longer flows for us. You aren't dead, such terms are meaningless.

Time simply no longer flows. It is simultaneously infinite and nonexistent. Eternal and Never. They become indistinguishable.
Bookmark and Share

Offline cbhaga01

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • JAM
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 01:39:14 PM »
I've always felt like it's not intended for us (the living) to know.  But I've always had a hard time accepting the idea of a concrete afterlife in the sense of Heaven or Hell.  Here's why: despite what most religions teach, why the hell (pun!) would your actions over 70+ years on this planet directly determine what sort of divine retribution you'll face for eternity?  ETERNITY.  Like, forever and ever and ever.  And ever and ever. 

Most people can't get their DVR figured out in their lifetime, let alone how to be a good person & a solid grasp on on religion and all that it entails. 
Bookmark and Share
"Living every day with a fear of dying isn't really living at all."

drunkonworry.blogspot.com

Offline PotentialArtist

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2013, 12:53:04 AM »
From learning about different religions and listening to what made sense to me, I think the afterlife will be a choice where you either pick to remain on the planet and watch over your family throughout their lifetime or whatever you chose to do, or else you can go somewhere else. I don't necessarily believe in Heaven because I don't believe in hell. My views are kind of out there when it comes to the afterlife, but I figure since I've spent my whole life treating people with respect and going out of my way to support them, I find comfort in believing that whatever comes after this it shouldn't be so bad.
Bookmark and Share

Offline MrD

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2013, 05:36:52 PM »
I believe you will be in the same state you were before you were born - nothingness.

For me it is the only logical choice because it is the only other state i have been in other than being alive.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Doxie Lover

• Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Hanging In
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2014, 11:52:06 PM »
It's funny you should bring this up, because when I'm going through severe anxiety, I start to think about my own mortality.  I wonder if that happens to others as well? 

I'm not sure what happens, but I am agnostic so I don't believe in Heaven/Hell.  Some religions believe in an afterlife or that you become reborn as something else.  I think that is is like anything else that dies...when you're time is up, it's up.  I just hope it won't be an unpleasant experience when the time comes.
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2014, 08:28:21 AM »
"When the time comes" is an obsessive issue for me. Remember a case where a woman felt she could no longer carry on alone but did not want to become dependent in an assisted living situation.

This is the dilemma that plagues me. The getting there, not anything thereafter.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kiwiman

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2014, 02:27:14 PM »
i guess you just die, death is a difficult thing that everybody would soon meet and i guess everyone has their idea of the afterlife
Bookmark and Share

Offline Doxie Lover

Okay
  • Hanging In
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2014, 10:09:10 PM »
"When the time comes" is an obsessive issue for me. Remember a case where a woman felt she could no longer carry on alone but did not want to become dependent in an assisted living situation.

This is the dilemma that plagues me. The getting there, not anything thereafter.

Yes, that is a huge issue today, especially with Alzheimer's.  My mother has it and it is getting progressively worse.  It's not an easy thing to live with or watch.  I also don't want to be in a situation where nurses have to clean me and bathe me, etc.  I hope I can be independent until my last days.   I guess keeping mentally and physically active is key, and taking care of one's health, although I'm overweight.  I have been on so many diets so many times, but I keep trying. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2014, 08:03:59 AM »
This is a Pandora's Box for me. Obsesses me much of my time. We get strokes and dementia and I'm no youngster. When I see the game is up I want out. And I'll go with a smile, with acceptance, with courage. But there is no help. We are on our own.

I do think we can do much for ourself physically and mentally. Good weight is important. This does not get easier as we get older. On top of that we get more of a craving for sweets. But I devise all sorts of tricks to distract myself. This can work. Takes a bit of analysis.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Doxie Lover

Okay
  • Hanging In
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2014, 08:34:05 PM »
Yes, you're right.  Trying to cut back on stuff...sigh.  ::)
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2014, 07:50:10 AM »
It is not easy, DL, but you can make progress. It is really very important to be a good weight.

For starters, can you cut out items with much sugar, white flour, fried stuff, chips? Definitely sugary drinks. Commit to some exercise? Read diet books to get ideas?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Doxie Lover

Okay
  • Hanging In
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2014, 10:07:41 PM »
Yes, I'm trying to eat less and eat better.  I don't drink sodas hardly at all anymore...once in awhile I'll have a diet coke or something.  My weakness is chocolate  :angry-smiley-034: 
But I am one of those people who has battled weight their whole life.  I was born at over 10 pounds!  I've never been thin except for when I used to intentionally not eat.  In my 20's I used to starve myself.  I would eat nothing but water crackers on most days.  But that was years ago, and clearly, that wasn't healthy anyway.  As you get older, it gets harder to keep the weight off.  But I am trying with small changes.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: