Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Accepting the Diagnosis.............  (Read 62243 times)

Offline TheNewKira

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Accepting the Diagnosis.............
« Reply #105 on: January 29, 2014, 08:40:11 PM »
Thanks so much for this post! it really calmed me down alot.
Bookmark and Share

Offline simona

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #106 on: February 01, 2014, 11:12:37 AM »
I cant accept it...i have been living witb this horrible anxiety for years....i am 37...confinced i have parkinsons or ms...done an mri...normal....shaky twitchy tingly hands...dizzy...not ever in the mood for anything....i am so lost......
Bookmark and Share

Offline anx

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #107 on: February 21, 2014, 08:00:15 AM »
Thank you for your posts PAN, they help.
Bookmark and Share

Offline pounddog

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #108 on: February 22, 2014, 06:24:25 PM »
Bottom line is that I'm a pretty healthy 50 year old who will one day die. As will we all. Yes, I have a family history of heart disease, but the person who has it smoked and never exercised. I just finished looking again for heart attack symptoms for women and basically, almost every sensation could be a symptom. Do I go to the ER? Wait in nervous agony until the doctors office opens? Or I can accept that I have always had anxiety and that's what it is tonight. And if I get a definite symptom I'll worry about it then.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Julie A. Cook

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #109 on: February 23, 2014, 12:54:54 PM »
A beautiful and profound post.  THank yu for it.  Truly inspiring me today. Bless you!
Bookmark and Share

Offline lovehopelive

• Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #110 on: February 23, 2014, 10:59:45 PM »
I hate suffering with anxiety, I hate bing like this everyday of my life, is there anyhope any type of relief at all, well things get better
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lo213

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #111 on: April 05, 2014, 02:50:44 PM »
I wish I could accept it. But my heart attack symptoms change and get worse and worse every day. And just because I get checked out today and find out I don't have one today that doesn't mean I won't have one tomorrow.
Bookmark and Share

Offline rita1

• Mood: Confused
    Confused
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #112 on: April 06, 2014, 12:47:56 PM »
This is such an interesting discussion - I have just recently been learning about these things in therapy.  I am realizing that with HA, I avoid accepting the uncertainty of life.  The key to healing is to sit with the discomfort and then move to accepting the underlying fears.  Facing them will set me free from the constant cycle of reassurance that I use to make myself feel ok.  I am currently trying to manage sitting through the fears without acting on them (i.e. calling more doctors, going to ER, etc).  It is really hard, but I am trying to get better.  I am hoping that this is really the way to heal.  I think the only way out is through the fear.
Bookmark and Share

Offline emrldgrn1

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #113 on: July 23, 2014, 12:42:25 PM »
I have been spending an awful lot of time trying to "accept the diagnosis". I know that this is the only way that I'm going to get better and start returning to a more normal though process. I have found that I have to put a conscious effort into taking what the doctor says and just letting it go after that. It takes several days for me to reach acceptance. I always spend a lot of time in doubt thinking "what might he have missed". Its working for me, I think, albeit very slowly. But I will take it, any positive progress is most welcome. My husband is military and is deploying in a few days for 9 months. I dread what effect this could have on my progress or possible regression. I should try to be comforted that with all the tests that I have had run on me over the last six moths that if they haven't found anything that is of concern to them that I should consider myself in pretty good shape. Had a CT, Mammo, lots of extensive blood work including to rule out Lupus, ultra sounds, MRI of my head, Colonoscopy, Gyno exam, dermatology exam(for hair loss), and I am being followed by a Urologist tomorrow to look at a hernia on my bladder. If it all comes back clear like all the rest, what more can I ask for in the line of comfort in knowing everything has been checked. I need to "accept the diagnosis" and try to keep from looking for something new to scare me. Wish me luck over the next 9 months.  ::)
Bookmark and Share

Offline emeroolechner

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #114 on: August 12, 2014, 02:09:56 PM »
This entire thread was comforting and inspirational. In tears really. I thought I was alone. I just found this site last week and it is so nice to know I am not the only one with these feelings and issues. For me the HA flares when things in my life are bad and I feel out of control. Currently, I am at home with a 1,2 and3 year old. We do not have many social connections and it is so difficult to do even the most minor things with the kids.  It is so hard and seems like things will never get easier. To that end so much other sstress hit the fan in June. In an instant the panic attacks that I have not had I years were back and so many other stress related symptoms which led to the self diagnosis, many tests and unnecessary medication- and ultimately finding this site. The sensations I feel are real but most likely precipitated by anxiety. I want so bad to stop the cycle. It is reassuring to hear that other people experience the same things. Thank you all for sharing. I wish everyone serenity and feelings of wellbeing.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gman2448

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #115 on: August 13, 2014, 07:28:49 AM »
Wow this is me made over. I've suffered through anxiety since I was 10. My mom was also a very worrisome person and had heart disease. One pain in the chest and i was convinced I had heart problems at 13. When I was examined and cleared via blood work and EKGs, I was fine. Until I started having severe dizziness then I had a brain tumor. I struggled with that for 2 years until CAT scans and MRIs turned back normal. Then came my current situation:
I got a job on third shift. Never had I worked these hours before. I initially adjusted to daytime sleeping. But I soon developed insomnia. I was fine with having some sleepless days but having one weeks worth was enough. I made the mistake known as GOOGLE. I wanted to figure out how I could fix this but ended up initiating the worst case of HA I've ever had. Instead of accepting the most logical cause of insomnia like too much caffeine or simply the body not being used to sleeping during the day. 8 scrolled to the bottom and found a very rare disorder called Fatal Familial Insomnia. I could've just said that's interesting or strange but instead I clicked on the link. After reading that FFI was genetic my mind calmed until I read about Sporadic Fatal Insomnia. No gene mutation is needed. Right then I was set on a course of debilitating anxiety. I've believed since May of last year that I've got this horrible disease. I still believe I have it. Just had night where I slept 90 minutes. This after sleeping 6 hours last night and 9 hours the previous two nights. There have only been 17 cases of this disease ever. I soon developed nearly EVERY symptom of it. Symptoms I've never had before. Now I'm miserable. I can't sleep good anymore even tho I'm on dash shift now. I'll go two weeks and get maybe 3 hours a night. All this misery because I tried to self diagnose myself through the Internet. Even tho I'm still going through this and being miserable my advice is to STAY OFF MEDICAL WEBSITES AND GOOGLE SEARCHES. ESPECIALLY WIKIPEDIA. That's where I first heard about FFI and SFI. Because I didn't have enough sense to go to a doctor and instead looked it up online, I'm now miserable every night. Can't sleep just because my mind tells me i have this disease. All because of my own doing. Heck I feel like I'm dying. Please stay away from making a self diagnosis.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kavenchols

• Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #116 on: September 22, 2014, 05:54:18 AM »
Hi Gman2448, I think the best thing you should put into your head is your not going to have that kind of disease because it's your mind that is making like that to you. It's the way you think and ends up your becoming paranoid of what you read. Get that thing off your head because your the only one who can make it happen. Do regular exercise and productive activity.
Bookmark and Share