Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Increased Anxiety with onset of period??  (Read 775 times)

Offline rayandrae

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Increased Anxiety with onset of period??
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2013, 08:53:46 AM »
Hey,

there are def's cycles for me. When I was in my 30's and was first diagnosed, I would become convinced I had a brain tumour (that they were missing) on the 4th or 5th day of my period. I mean, it was a definite pattern that I was fortunate to discover. I have found a lot of vit D, and making sure that I get enough oils, even a tablespoon of olive oil, can sometimes offset symptoms. I still get the migraine and hyper-sensitive nature up to 72 hours before.

We are women ... we are deeply tied to our hormonal state. Good for you to realize though, because it can take off some stress when you realize what is occurring. Plus it is a reminder to be good to yourself. In ancient times, women used to be able to be separate and go quiet and inward. We don't get a recognition of our bodies now, and what it is going through. Practice self care.
Bookmark and Share

Offline dog

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2013, 01:36:33 PM »
It's funny because thee reason I'm on here today is period anxiety haha. I am so grateful for you starting this topic, I didn't know if it was a thing or not! Even reading the posts on this thread is calming me down somewhat,

I hope it passes soon for you!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hormonal

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2013, 11:17:38 AM »
Do any of you feel down after your period?
Bookmark and Share

Offline afj0823

• Mood: Energetic
    Energetic
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2014, 04:50:51 PM »
So I'm bringing this topic up bc it is happening to me now, I get dizzy, and bloated, and panic.

What do y'all do during this time? I'm on BC right now. But anything else work?
Bookmark and Share
Do the thing you fear and the death of fear is certain

Offline Hormonal

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2014, 03:27:38 PM »
The last two months have been really bad anxiety wise three days before my menstruation.  I feel shaky inside, my stress is increased by 10 times what it should be, I doubt myself, I question my job, I have intrusive thoughts.  I have decided to go see an hypnotist.   I want to reduce my anxiety level and those intrusive thoughts that are causing my anxieties.

Basically when feeling like this, I will meditate more, read calming stuff, try to stay in the present moment, do something creative, eat lighter foods,...but it's not a walk in the park.  A lot of energy is wasted just being in your head and trying not to analyse every thoughts and emotions.  It's baby steps, and those baby steps get you better longer after a while.  You will see it's true....my shrink told me that on my first session and it stayed with me...it takes time and hardwork...I can say that I work at it everyday in some way!

Take care
So
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything