Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Do I have CFS?  (Read 912 times)

Offline Mezzanin

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Do I have CFS?
« on: July 07, 2013, 07:13:13 AM »
My name is Senna (MEZZ) and I am 44 years old.
I have been suffering from some strange symptoms since January 2013.
I had a chest infection in December 2012 nothing outrageous but it prompted me to give up smoking on January 3rds for three months.
Soon after I developed what appeared to be a urinary infection four tests later and I presumed I had interstitial cystiss. (IC).
Soon after I noticed the soles of my feet felt like they were burning this later migrated to my hands.
I did freak out over my health at this point and presumed I would end up peeing constantly forever (the  IC). I have seen an urologist and had a cycoscopy. The urologist said my bladder looked healthy. My bladder symptoms are weird as the frequency and burning comes and goes (maybe itís all in my mind).

Anyway, then one night in early March my sleep when bonkers, literally.
At first I woke up early after two or three hours sleep and could not go back to sleep. Now I can fall asleep ok but wake up after three four hours, fall back asleep easily and then can do only another hour. I sleep 5/6 hours tops.

I have other symptoms too but they are transient and come and go (muscle aches, headaches, sweating at night, feeling hot, slightly high body temperature, fatigue.  Mostly though my symptoms are the sleep, bladder and burning hands/feet. Oh and I have a white tongue which is Candida and is horrid and I have to empty my bowels on awakening EVERY MORNING.

My doctor says I have GAD. I am not so sure apart from my health I am not worried about anything, although I admit I have been totally obsessed about having Chronic Fatigue Syndrome as I think my symptoms fit with it. When I ay obsessed I mean googling every moment I can.

I have seen a neurologist, rheumatologist, an ME expert, a fibromyalgia expert a Perrin osteopath plus five other doctors and they say I donít have CFS. I had a ***** consultation with Derek Enlander and he thought I did, but Dr Lapp another CFS expert thought I didnít (he had the same information as Enlander).
Had my thyroid, B12, Lupus, ESR amd everything checked and everything is normal.
I just donít understand why I am not sleeping can anybody help?
I really am beyond desperate.

I do have random aches and pains. No PEM and not overwhelming fatigue but I do feel tired when I get up for a couple of hours.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cheesus

• Rec's: 34
  • Ha-Hum
    • Poke This Member
Re: Do I have CFS?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 09:43:22 AM »
I have CFS. The fatigue really is crippling. It is the primary symptom. After that you would expect to see Post Exertional Malaise that can last for days or even weeks after overdoing something.

Given that you have seen so many doctors, and only one thought you had CFS, I would be inclined to say that you do not have CFS. Moreover, your symptoms don't seem to fit.
Bookmark and Share
You can't calm the waves, but you can learn to surf!

Basis of Recovery
Intrusive Thoughts
A Philosophy of Anxiety

Offline msgb98

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 12:39:44 PM »
I know at your age you might not want to consider it but it could also be perimenopause.
Many people start having slight symptoms of menopause 10-15 yrs before you even go into straight menopause.
Perhaps you might want to have your hormone levels checked.

I agree with Cheesus about the extreme fatigue.
I have fibromyalgia and CFS. The fatigue is extreme.
A very good friend of mine has CFS as well and two young children.

Some of the symptoms you have mentioned are similar to perimenopause. I a know I am in that cycle of life and there are so many issues that can be attributed to it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline acul94

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 10:10:26 AM »
Hi Mezzanin,

I was diagnosed in April 2010. What you are explaining doesn't sound like CFS. Majority of the time a few simple things have to be present for it to be CFS. Consistent Fatigue that is not helped by sleep, post-exercise fatigue amongst other things. That being said in my time talking to people with CFS one thing I have learnt is that everyones case is different.

Good Luck in your hunt for a diagnosis
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything