Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Some photos I have taken lately  (Read 5869 times)

Offline camel

• Rec's: 83
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
    • Poke This Member
Re: Some photos I have taken lately
« Reply #90 on: September 13, 2013, 05:24:39 PM »
Yeah we have some very fragrant flowers here, mostly year round as our Winter's are so mild.
lol, that kitty is too lazy for any walking that isn't strictly necessary lol

I spent some time at the dog park today and got some nice photos. This first dog is not mine but wow is he gorgeous

There are these seed pods which we call prickly balls in the park and the dogs love chewing on them. This face is too cute lol

Fighting over a prickly ball even though there are millions of them around the park lol

And this face LOL

Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Rec's: 73
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #91 on: September 14, 2013, 08:55:57 AM »
You sure love your dogs and probably anyone else's. That's funny that your kitty takes no unnecessary steps. Probably likes plenty of snacks too and falls asleep right in front of you. And, yes, that first dog is striking. Could win at the Westminster dog show.

Your climate and vegetation seem similar to Southern California where we lived for a few years. In addition to the flowers (also remember fragrant Gardenia) there were the fruit trees, their overwhelming blossoms and fabulous fruit. Nature in its dazzling splendor and bounty.
Bookmark and Share

Offline camel

Loved
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #92 on: September 14, 2013, 11:59:08 AM »
haha yep, I sure do love my dogs, and all dogs. They are just so much fun, always playful and silly. I love seeing how happy they are at the park and I get a reminder at 5pm every day when Jade starts whining to go for a walk. Even when I take them earlier in the day, come 5pm and she whines again so I end up taking them for two walks lol.
Yes, kitty loves treats and is usually found on the spare room bed where she won't be disturbed lol.

We do not have fruit trees in my area. I would love to photograph some :D

Here is something different. I started learning how to draw in Photoshop from scratch and I think I have done ok with my first two attempts. Hope you like :)

One of the possums from the Ice Age movies

A friend posted a pic of an ape so I decided to try draw it. Came out not too bad

Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #93 on: September 15, 2013, 07:42:34 AM »
Kitty has it made, a private room. Mighty fine for her. Jade can tell time and you get plenty walking exercise. When I walk I think I'm the only one out there with no dog.

And now more talents. For goodness sake, you can also draw. I can knit and crocket but nothing ever fits, ha ha. Not sure about the appeal of the subjects here (saw possums in CA, a little spooky). But your talents are evident and admirable. Nice addition, TY.
Bookmark and Share

Offline camel

Loved
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #94 on: September 16, 2013, 07:48:03 PM »
Yep, kitties are spoiled here lol.

haha thanks! I have always enjoyed anything artistic.

This is my cat Yoshi having some fun on the grass

A curious little lizard

A nice pathway

My Clivia plants in my garden

Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #95 on: September 17, 2013, 07:50:46 AM »
Your Yoshi rolling on her back can teach us a thing or two. She's massaging her spine. In yoga we focus on our spine. She has such nice pale green eyes. My Siamese Bluepoint (in cat heaven) had startling blue eyes.

Now I walk most every day. Today I'll pretend to walk in your appealing walkway, catch a glimpse of a lizard and examine that pretty Clivia. Flowers were in their last glowing bloom here until heavy rains knocked them down. So imagining Clivia will be just right. TY for the added interest to walking.
Bookmark and Share

Offline camel

Loved
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #96 on: October 17, 2013, 04:01:24 AM »
I haven't posted in a while as I have been working so much. Here are some photos that I did recently. I got a message from a motoring journalist asking me to photograph a car at a race track. It was so much fun. I got driven around the track which was awesome and so exciting and then I got access to the track where people are not normally allowed so that I could get some good shots. I did have to sign an indemnity form in case I got run over lol :P

The beautiful Toyota 86

An on board shot which was tricky with all the G forces lol

Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #97 on: October 17, 2013, 08:38:13 AM »
Good for you that you have work assignments, though with motoring journalists you must have your wits about yourself. Who knows where they might drag you.

I suppose this must be a special model. Never had a Toyota nor a red car. But I could relate my life's travels from my unforgettable first car, a black and white Plymouth Belvedere with fins that could send it into space, ha ha.

P.S. To check this post I scroll from the top getting a lovely picture show all over again. Of course the birds are my favorites. What a great job you did capturing them.
Bookmark and Share

Offline camel

Loved
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #98 on: November 25, 2013, 07:53:12 AM »
I haven't posted in a while. So I used to be agoraphobic, not leaving my house very far. But with meds, determination and getting out to do my photography I have conquered my fears and I moved from South Africa to Canada. 20 hours of flying time and I loved every minute. It felt so good to be in an airplane again, it had been 13 years since I last flew.

Here are three photos I took on a recent weekend getaway to Toronto

Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #99 on: November 25, 2013, 11:34:19 AM »
Nice photos, nice parking lots. But I thought I was losing my marbles. Getting ready to tell you about my view of Cape Town from the ocean many years ago and suddenly notice the Canadian flag.  20 hours of flying and you are not locked up? Impressive.

Did you party with the mayor of Toronto? Did you catch a picture of him in his many and varied moments of self expression?
Bookmark and Share

Offline camel

Loved
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #100 on: November 25, 2013, 08:44:05 PM »
haha :)

yep Cape Town is beautiful, my parents recently moved down there.

haha yeah that Rob Ford is something else, I can't believe some of the stuff he has said on TV lol
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #101 on: November 26, 2013, 08:31:32 AM »
At least you are one and the same person and I'm not losing it yet. Poor mayor is an example of losing it.

And you are an example of great triumph, overcoming so much. You are trading balmy weather for low temps. You'll need layers of sweaters or maybe fly to Florida as some Canadians do during very cold months. Sure congratulate you and wish you much happiness. Still watch Kaleo Myna on YT and crack up each time.
Bookmark and Share

Offline camel

Loved
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #102 on: December 16, 2013, 09:43:10 AM »
Thank you so much Tina :)

Finally starting to see some real snow lol. I am sure loving it. I caught this poor little squirrel out in the snow. Doesn't he look so cold? :(

Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #103 on: December 16, 2013, 10:49:11 AM »
Yes, indeedy, you won't lack for snow. It will make up for all the years you had none. You can get busy building snow men. And get your shovel ready. Plenty of good exercise if you have a strong heart. Otherwise, caution is advised.

That squirrel is of a dark color we don't see here. Seems to have a mighty thick fur coat, won't feel the cold. Likes peanuts if your care to spread holiday cheer.
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #104 on: December 16, 2013, 11:32:26 AM »
Oops, forgot to say thank you. Hope you are keeping warm.

Did think of you as I followed the reports of Nelson Mandela's eulogies, etc. Such an extraordinary man.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: