Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Testicular Worries  (Read 372 times)

Offline MOchp

• Anxiety Magnet
  • Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Cold
    Cold
  • Living in Fear of My Own Body
    • Poke This Member
Testicular Worries
« on: May 19, 2013, 11:14:49 PM »
I'm sure some of you have read my previous posts here about my worries about a lump on my testicle recently. I had a good weekend for the most part but my anxiety/depression is constantly up and down. Since last night I have been trying to pinch the lump away from my testicle because I read that if it can be pinched away then it isn't cancer. I literally made my self hurt doing this constantly. I have managed to pinch it up a bit, not really able to tell if I actually separated it from the testicle or not. I was also able to move it a tiny bit like this, but not enough to where I can tell if it's attached or not. I had a clear ultrasound 4-5 months ago and have had this place for several months, yet it is driving me crazy because of some lower back/pelvic and groin pain I think are related. I'm already doubting my doctor who I have an appt. with Wednesday. He is the same one that checked me before and said he couldn't feel anything but wouldn't let me point it out to him, but ordered an ultrasound when I requested it later over the phone. He knows I have anxiety and I'm afraid he will brush me off. I would have to be severely unlucky to A. have such a rare cancer in the first place B. have it missed by a nurse, a doctor and an ultrasound C. have it for 8 months with little to no change and a normal feeling testicle other than the one lump still D. Have a lump that doesn't feel rock hard to me that is still TC. I know all this but I'm terrified I WILL be that unlucky.
Bookmark and Share

Offline MOchp

• Anxiety Magnet
    Cold
    • Poke This Member
Re: Testicular Worries
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 12:02:05 AM »
I also wanted to add that even though I feel like I can move it a tiny bit with my finger nail it always ends back up in the same spot. Messing with it now I'm not even sure if its what I was able to pinch, or just something I was feeling in the skin. I doubt myself too much to be sure. Also noticed my other testi feels rather bigger and maybe firmer than the one I have the place on. I don't feel anything on that one though. It isn't rock hard or anything, just a bit firmer.
Bookmark and Share

Offline MOchp

• Anxiety Magnet
    Cold
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 04:23:38 PM »
Just wanted to update everybody. The urologist today said what I'm feeling is called an appendix testis and that it is completely normal. They can do surgery to remove it if it starts hurting but that its not really needed otherwise.
Bookmark and Share

Offline jenkyleg

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 06:32:59 PM »
Great news! Yep...that's a common one for people to mistake. Sometimes they can get twisted and swell. THAT is not fun. Glad you came to a conclusion here, MOchp.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ctina

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 09:23:58 PM »
Great news, I'm glad all is well.
Bookmark and Share

Offline MOchp

• Anxiety Magnet
    Cold
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 12:08:33 AM »
Great news! Yep...that's a common one for people to mistake. Sometimes they can get twisted and swell. THAT is not fun. Glad you came to a conclusion here, MOchp.

Thanks. That's what he said that if it torsions then they would do surgery to take it out. I didn't know if it was normal to have on only one, but he said it was.  :yes: Thanks for your support Ctina!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Anxiousness123

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2013, 09:20:08 AM »
Hey guys, PLEASE HELP ME!
I am a healthy young 13 year old. So about 5 weeks ago, my right testicle started to hurt on the top. I endured it for a week, but went to the doctor later when the right testicle started to swell a little. She had me take an ultrasound, and she said it was epididymitis and there was nothing to worry about. So I took the medicine(antibiotics), and the swelling came down and I was completely fine. But about a week later, I noticed that my right testicle was harder than my left one. When I took frequent warm showers, my testicle became normal again. But later, it comes back again. There is no pain on the testicles, no lumps, no masses. Could someone please tell me what I'm going through and what treatments there are for it?
Bookmark and Share

Offline MOchp

• Anxiety Magnet
    Cold
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2013, 03:16:32 AM »
Hey, first off welcome to the forums. I want to say that the testicles are firm by nature, and when people talk about hard being a sign of something they are talking about ROCK HARD like a golf ball. Just the fact that it feels more normal after taking a warm shower makes it sound like nothing bad. If it was then it wouldn't go back and forth. If it is bothering you it might be worth talking to your doctor about, but it doesn't sound like anything serious.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: