Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Do you stick with one fear or jump from fear to fear?  (Read 2355 times)

Offline alexa884

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Do you stick with one fear or jump from fear to fear?
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2014, 01:02:20 AM »
I jump around, because eventually I get irrefutable proof that I'm not sick of the particular thing that is on my mind. But, not to worry, in times of high stress my brain finds new ones.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Bulan

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2014, 05:02:07 AM »
I'm a total jumper but with a couple of "favorites" that reappear. If something reassures me about one thing like a good test result then I usually jump to something else. I've even jumped to different things in a matter of days although some of mine have had long stints.
This sums up my anxiety too, with cancer being one of my 'favorites'. I have fibromyalgia, so I'm constantly getting strange aches and pains. Throw a baby and c-section and the slow road to recovery into the mix, and it adds a whole new batch of symptoms to worry about.

I've had leg/hip/lower back/pelvic pain/underarm pain for the last 1.5 months, so I'm convinced I have some form of cancer that's spreading...

Already, I'm worried my doctor rolls his eyes whenever I make appointments.   :angel-smiley-006:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 17
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2014, 01:41:07 PM »
I jump from fear to fear. It's absolutely ridiculously exhausting.  :sprachlos020:
This!
Bookmark and Share

Offline bengalsreds20

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2014, 03:35:54 PM »
Whenever my anxiety started up a little over a year and a half ago, I jumped around from fear to fear.  First I had Cancer growing in my chest, next I was having a heart attack, next I was having GERD (which I actually think I had for awhile I spent like 2 months fighting off heartburn), then had stomach cancer, then Barrett's esophagus, then lymphoma (which was the worst and is what caused me to finally get put on a medication for anxiety). I do still have a few tiny knots about pea sized in my neck but they have been there for a year and I haven't shown any other signs of anything being wrong so I guess I shouldn't worry.  Also thought I was feeling other lumps when in reality they're just stuff that's supposed to be there like tendons and muscles.  Right now I'm kind of dealing with an actual medical issue which have been two sebaceous cysts that have popped up out of nowhere and I'm taking medicine for MRSA.  But you know I'm not taking it as hard as my other battles with anxiety, especially the lymphoma, I just wanted to quit life I was in such fear of it.  But the anxiety medicine has really helped A LOT, so my recommendation to anyone is don't keep beating yourself up and confront the real problem of your anxiety.  No need to make yourself keep suffering, I've been doing much better since I got put on a medication for the last 3 months.
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything