Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Wellbutrin 75mg Anyone?  (Read 925 times)

Offline ImObsessed

• "We're all here distracting ourselves until we die." -( J.J. Abrams)
  • Rec's: 2
  • Im an egomaniac with low self esteem
    • Poke This Member
Wellbutrin 75mg Anyone?
« on: March 24, 2013, 12:17:15 PM »
I have been on Wellbutrin 75mg once a day for a week now. My problems are depression and anxiety. I feel better, but the 75mg seems to wear off towards the end of the day. Im not sure why he put me on this low dose. I read the normal dose is 300.
Anyone else taking this and such a low dose?
I had no bad side effects except an upset stomach and some anxiety the first 2 days which passed
Bookmark and Share
Im obsessed with my health and my current obsession is my liver.

Offline insights

• Rec's: 126
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: Wellbutrin 75mg Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 05:37:31 PM »
the 75mg seems to wear off towards the end of the day. Im not sure why he put me on this low dose. I read the normal dose is 300.

It is a starting dose to limit the common initial side-effects. It will probably be progressively increased to the therapeutic range. After only a week Wellbutrin will be having little if any positive impact on your depression and anxiety, although the placebo effect may be. Antidepressants typically take 3-12 weeks to kick-in, however, as Wellbutrin targets dopamine pathways some mood 'brightning' may begin earlier, sometimes within a few days.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all suggestions are general in nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline stevo1111

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Wellbutrin 75mg Anyone?
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 08:55:29 AM »
I would experience a "come down" from the XL at about 10hrs after dosing, which we addressed by dosing twice a day, right after waking and then at about 2pm. I believe the generic and name brand XL release at totally different rates, and the generic I was on felt exactly the same as the IR to me... Perhaps a dose of 75-150mg twice per day would be a good settling point. I got relief from some persisting depression after about 4 weeks on only 150mg/ day.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: wellbutrin 

anything