Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: question for ssri experts  (Read 268 times)

Offline insomnia

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
question for ssri experts
« on: March 24, 2013, 06:08:20 AM »
i am getting counselling and medication therapy for GAD, panic attacks, hypochondria, and somatic disorder.  anywho.   

i spent time in the hospital while i was being put on my zoloft.  they started me with 25mg, then 50, 75, 100 and released me on 150mg.  i started feeling great on day two of 100mg.

that was in dec, the doc said oh you feel good now, wait until you get the full effect at six weeks on 150mg.

that didn't happen.  started feeling really depressed and tired.  anxiety solved about 75%, seeing a counsellor and going to group.  not obsessing about my health.  but still felt 'off'

saw my psych doc, she put me up to 200mg... i felt a lot worse, in fact my stomach was being irritated and that started giving me health obsessions.

anyways, saw her again and she tapered me down to 100mg, i tapered quite well and quickly, now i feel A LOT better.

in feb and jan i felt extreme anxiety post menstrual cycle (this is my worst time of the month for anxiety as i've been keeping track for 2 years)

i am post menstrual right now and i feel pretty okay. 

i guess my questions is why that old saying "LESS IS MORE" applying  here?  shouldn't i be the opposite?
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 103
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: question for ssri experts
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 06:55:40 AM »
i guess my questions is why that old saying "LESS IS MORE" applying  here?  shouldn't i be the opposite?

With many drugs dosing is a trade-off between the positive effects of the drug and the unwanted side-effects. No drug produces only good effects, there are alway unwanted consequences and it seems that, at least for the moment, around 100mg is the Zoloft sweet spot for you. However, be aware that this can change over time and should you ever need to take a higher dose in the future you may be able to tolerate it as well as you do the 100mg now.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline insomnia

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: question for ssri experts
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 02:12:43 AM »
thank you.  i'm glad i found a sweet spot.  i know a lot of people struggle with finding the right drug and doses.  i'll enjoy this while i can and get my counselling done so that i can deal if things start pooping out on me.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: