Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: No anxiety but I still feel the symptoms  (Read 399 times)

Offline icykarma

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
No anxiety but I still feel the symptoms
« on: March 24, 2013, 12:00:58 AM »
Lately, I've been getting symptoms of anxiety but I don't feel anxious. I've gone to the ER a few times and I've been given the green light for everything. Now it seems to have evolved to the point that I don't feel anxious even when I worry. I've had several panic attacks over the last month that I felt no panic. I felt dizzy, shortness of breath, racing heart, faintness, but no panic. It's getting really frustrating...please help me. My mind is driving me insane!

Edit: I should add my symptoms I've been feeling. Mostly racing heart, headaches, weak and numb arms and legs, all that stuff. Thing is, the symptoms come and go without warning.
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
Re: No anxiety but I still feel the symptoms
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 08:17:33 AM »
I would try to practice relaxation exercises and try to do things that you enjoy to help
distract your thoughts.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline shakymcgee

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 02:37:39 AM »
I have been feeling a bit like this lately as well. It sounds to me that you ARE still experiencing anxiety, but the way that your anxiety is expressing itself now is different than it was before. There are so many ways that anxiety can present. Mine used to start with extreme nausea, proceed to racing heart, shortness of breath, sense of detachment and trembling. Lately I have begun feeling a sense of internal vibration or shaking. Not the same nausea, racing heart, etc., and I am just now starting to accept that that is yet another symptom of anxiety, even though it is unfamiliar. Of course it is frightening when these new physical symptoms present themselves because the first thought you have is of some terrible disease. It's pretty wild how anxiety can cause such real and disturbing physical symptoms. The headaches, numbness, and racing heart are all physical anxiety symptoms and if you have been given a clean bill of health, it might benefit you to try considering that you might still have anxiety. Keep your chin up. There are so many people here who can relate.
Bookmark and Share
We do not see things as they are. We see things as WE are.

Anais Nin

Offline KMH

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 10:06:42 PM »
I too can relate to this. This is a huge part of the reason why I have had such a hard time accepting that I do have an anxiety disorder. I often do not feel "traditionally" anxious yet deal with many, many different symptoms. I agree that it sounds as though you are still experiencing anxiety through different ways.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: