Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Anyone had h. pylori?  (Read 768 times)

Offline Slangevar

• Rec's: 29
    • Poke This Member
Anyone had h. pylori?
« on: March 22, 2013, 09:26:40 PM »
For the past month or so, I've been battling a huge increase in acid reflux, along with some upper abdominal pain (that comes and goes), bloating, a LOT of burping after ingesting anything, etc. 

I sort of figured it was anxiety-related, but I just found out my husband has been dealing with the same thing for a couple of weeks and he doesn't get anxiety.  I had noticed his breath had gone off and he was burping more, but it only just occurred to me that we might both have an infection.

Anyone had h. pylori?  I've obviously read the symptoms online, but I'd love to hear them from a real person. Thanks!
Bookmark and Share

Offline LindaRK

• Rec's: 35
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anyone had h. pylori?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 10:19:07 PM »
I've had it ... did you read my other posts about the alternative stuff?  It works on h pylori WITHOUT prescription meds. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Slangevar

• Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 11:15:06 PM »
Interesting!  I had no idea it would work on that, too... I'll give them a try.  We're totally miserable!  (Though somehow the fact that we're both having the same symptoms makes it a little more manageable. It would be an absurd coincidence if we both had crazy digestive symptoms at the same time for different reasons, right?) 
Bookmark and Share

Offline 1looneychick

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 11:39:32 PM »
Yes, I do.  Antibiotics, prilosec, zantac, etc. did nothing, in fact all my symptoms (same as yours) got worse!  Now I have been taking pure coconut oil for about 1&1/2 months and I am feeling MUCH better :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline LindaRK

• Rec's: 35
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 01:27:42 PM »
Coconut oil?  That's interesting ... I occasionally use it in cooking, but mostly olive oil.

I find it frustrating that doctors don't push alternative stuff more ... but I guess they have enough on their plates prescribing pharmaceuticals.  That's why I go to a DO - who DOES believe in the alternative stuff.
Bookmark and Share

Offline 1looneychick

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2013, 10:51:43 PM »
Hi Linda,  It is interesting!  After doing what regular m.d. and naturopath suggested & not getting any better, I googled natural treatment for h. pylori (a safe google).  It said try pure virgin coconut oil so I did and I have slowly gotten so much better.  I was amazed that it is also good for regulating blood sugar, thyroid and cholesterol, who knew?  I already had some because I give it to my dog, it stopped him from having seizures along with magnesium oil. I don't understand why dr.'s don't suggest things like this either - before they hit you with all the strong stuff & you have to deal with side effects from that :sick0002:  I guess they're just not taught that and it doesn't make money :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Slangevar

• Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2013, 01:46:41 AM »
There's a good documentary about how the healthcare system doesn't push cheap, natural, proven solutions... it's called Escape Fire. I think it's on Netflix in the US. Guaranteed NOT to cause an HA flare. (It's actually uplifting.)

And I love the term "safe Google." So true!
Bookmark and Share

Offline smoochkin

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2013, 04:04:34 PM »
Funny, with all my upper abdominal burning.....i was wondering if i have that....im ready to rip.my hair out figuring whats going on with me. Dr is useless! Sorry ur going through this too.
Bookmark and Share

Offline chunkymonkey

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2014, 03:41:53 PM »
I know this post is old but im hoping you could help me. Ive been having digestive issues for few weeks. Lots of gas, bloating, burning pain, stomach ache, etc. My dr thinks its ibs or gerd but i think its more h pylori. I was wondering if you got tested for h pylori or if your symptoms just went away
Bookmark and Share

Offline Slangevar

• Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2014, 04:29:27 PM »
Hi Chunkymonkey - No, I wasn't tested for h. pylori. My ENT opted to try me on a PPI (Prilosec), which basically fixed everything. I'm not a huge fan of being on PPIs forever, though, so I'm going to investigate a couple of other options: anti-anxiety meds (which have shown a lot of promise in LPR issues among people with anxiety) and/or a local holistic doc (combo of eastern & western medicine) who fixed digestive issues in two of my friends. I'll let you know if either work! 
Bookmark and Share

Offline cali4niay

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2014, 04:42:34 PM »
I'm taking mastic gum and manuka honey, which is very good for upper quadrant tummy issues and for h pylori as well.

In addition, I take lemon balm (which also calms the nerves) and gastromycin. It's helped.

These are all items you can find online on vitacost or vitaminshoppe

I haven't been officially diagnosed with HP, but seem to have all the symptoms.
Bookmark and Share

Offline chunkymonkey

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2014, 06:18:39 PM »
Slangevar: are you still on prilosec? And does your symptoms come back if you stop taking them? I took prilosec for 14 days but when i finished it, my symptoms got worse. Im hoping to get h pylori test soon but i have to wait 2 weeks since i cant do the test after taking prilosec

Cali4niay: what symptoms are you having?
Bookmark and Share

Offline cali4niay

Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2014, 06:39:48 PM »
Burning, stabbing, dull ache under rib cage in upper quadrant. Sometimes I get some pain lower than that, but mainly UQ. Nausea, indigestion, burning that can go to back, lots of gas (more belching) and I have episodes of bloating.

I was diagnosed with mild gastritis, but they never did the HP breath test.

I've been much better since taking the mastic gum (read the reviews http://www.amazon.com/Jarrow-Formulas-Mastic-Gum-Count/dp/B0013OVVAK)
Bookmark and Share

Offline chunkymonkey

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2014, 06:50:17 PM »
My burning starts above navel and spreads to my chest. I did have these episodes before but they were much mild and happened once in a while. Do you know what caused your gastritis? How long were you having these symptoms before going to the dr?
Bookmark and Share

Offline cali4niay

Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2014, 07:20:46 PM »
And you don't think it's related to anxiety?

No, I don't know exactly what caused it. The docs wanted to do an endoscopy, but after the blood tests, ultrasound, and CT scan, I felt done. I gave myself 2 weeks to feel better and if I didn't,
I'd go to the gastro. I have since felt much better, considering where I was at, and have an appetite now- such a nice thing to have and that I took for granted, lol.

I'd say that the worst of it was in the beginning of June and the bloating was at its worst.

How long has this been going on for you?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: