Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Anyone had h. pylori?  (Read 1187 times)

Offline cali4niay

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anyone had h. pylori?
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2014, 04:42:34 PM »
I'm taking mastic gum and manuka honey, which is very good for upper quadrant tummy issues and for h pylori as well.

In addition, I take lemon balm (which also calms the nerves) and gastromycin. It's helped.

These are all items you can find online on vitacost or vitaminshoppe

I haven't been officially diagnosed with HP, but seem to have all the symptoms.
Bookmark and Share

Offline chunkymonkey

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2014, 06:18:39 PM »
Slangevar: are you still on prilosec? And does your symptoms come back if you stop taking them? I took prilosec for 14 days but when i finished it, my symptoms got worse. Im hoping to get h pylori test soon but i have to wait 2 weeks since i cant do the test after taking prilosec

Cali4niay: what symptoms are you having?
Bookmark and Share

Offline cali4niay

Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2014, 06:39:48 PM »
Burning, stabbing, dull ache under rib cage in upper quadrant. Sometimes I get some pain lower than that, but mainly UQ. Nausea, indigestion, burning that can go to back, lots of gas (more belching) and I have episodes of bloating.

I was diagnosed with mild gastritis, but they never did the HP breath test.

I've been much better since taking the mastic gum (read the reviews http://www.amazon.com/Jarrow-Formulas-Mastic-Gum-Count/dp/B0013OVVAK)
Bookmark and Share

Offline chunkymonkey

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2014, 06:50:17 PM »
My burning starts above navel and spreads to my chest. I did have these episodes before but they were much mild and happened once in a while. Do you know what caused your gastritis? How long were you having these symptoms before going to the dr?
Bookmark and Share

Offline cali4niay

Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2014, 07:20:46 PM »
And you don't think it's related to anxiety?

No, I don't know exactly what caused it. The docs wanted to do an endoscopy, but after the blood tests, ultrasound, and CT scan, I felt done. I gave myself 2 weeks to feel better and if I didn't,
I'd go to the gastro. I have since felt much better, considering where I was at, and have an appetite now- such a nice thing to have and that I took for granted, lol.

I'd say that the worst of it was in the beginning of June and the bloating was at its worst.

How long has this been going on for you?
Bookmark and Share

Offline chunkymonkey

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2014, 07:32:20 PM »
Its been going on for a week. Everyday, all day, non stop. Now the burning is spreading to my chest and its scaring me. I have to keep taking zantac or eat something to have relief
Bookmark and Share

Offline cali4niay

Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2014, 07:40:35 PM »
You're 23? I think it's safe to say it's probably just heartburn in conjunction with indigestion or something. What's your level of anxiety at?

Your doc doesn't want to send you for additional testing? I'd agree w/that based on your age.
Bookmark and Share

Offline AncientMelody

• Rec's: 16
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2014, 08:49:23 PM »
The most accurate test for active h. Pylori infection (and for confirming resolution of infection) is the fecal antigen test.....so a stool sample. Well, the most accurate other than biopsy but that's more invasive.

I am all for natural treatments and if someone has gastritis or GERD then there is a lot of validity to those things. However if anyone has tested positive for h. Pylori please be sure to retest when you have completed your course of treatment to ensure the h. Pylori is actually gone and not just inactive.

Integrative medicine is a medical discipline that incorporates natural/ holistic treatments when appropriate. A very interesting field indeed. Not all herbals etc are safe across the board so the specialized knowledge is important. Ie kava has been found to be unsafe due to liver problems. Migraines on the other hand have good evidence with alternative supplements : magnesium and coenzyme q10
Bookmark and Share

Offline chunkymonkey

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2014, 10:04:21 PM »
Cali4inay: my anxiety has been bad cyz of the symptoms. I think anyone can get infected with h pylori. I was reading on h pylori forums and there were quite a few ppl age 15-25 who had it.

Ancient: im going to ask my dr for h pylori testing once 2 weeks pass by since i took prilosec
Bookmark and Share

Offline cali4niay

Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2014, 10:15:43 PM »
I'm sorry, I meant like a more invasive test like endoscopy.

I've read that the cocktail of antibiotics for HP is pretty grueling, so depending on the result, you may want to read up on that. My mom had to undergo 2 rounds of treatment.

Personally, I'm all about natural supplementation over pharma. As with anything, I always take a minimum dosage of a new supplement, to see how my body reacts.

http://theasummerdeer.wordpress.com/2013/12/27/think-you-have-an-ulcer-think-again-h-pylori-and-mastic-gum/
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything