Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Vision briefly fades whenever I stand up.  (Read 272 times)

Offline a14

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Vision briefly fades whenever I stand up.
« on: March 22, 2013, 09:08:41 PM »
I've been doing so well with my HA lately, but I've begun to notice in the past few weeks that whenever I go from a sitting or lying position to a standing position, it feels like the vision "drains" out of my eyes or fades for a couple of seconds, then goes back to normal...now, I used to experience this every now and again in the past, but it's been several times daily recently and it's beginning to scare me  :(  I keep trying to tell myself that it's just a result of the sudden change in position affecting the blood vessels in my eyes, but the highly increased frequency is REALLY making me wonder what could be going on now.......I've read everything from magnesium deficiency to anemia to weak pulse, and those are all things that scare me terribly. I worry especially about vitamin deficiencies since I'm on a medically-mandated diet and some of the foods I've had to cut out were my main source of certain vitamins. I think I'm going to run out to the store tomorrow for some vitamin pills and hope that cures it. If that doesn't work, I have no idea what this could even be. My worst fear is something happening to my eyesight and I hope that this isn't some kind of precursor to that  :(

edit: wow, I shouldn't have read the Wikipedia article on this. It can be caused by Addison's, Parkinson's, and adrenal cancer? I sure hope it's something as treatable as a vitamin deficiency now.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 37
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Vision briefly fades whenever I stand up.
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 10:47:40 PM »
I would guess it has to do with the change in position affecting your blood pressure for a moment, kind of like getting a head rush.  I'm not a doctor, obviously.  But if I had to guess.  Are you anemic?  I get weaker and dizzier when on my period.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sassparella

• Queen of Health Anxiety
  • Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Vision briefly fades whenever I stand up.
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 08:33:13 AM »
Sounds like a headrush due to bloodpressure where you stand up suddenly. I often get that when I stand up, my vision darkens and clears a few seconds later. That's certainly what it sounds like anyway.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: