Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Do I have OCD? Weird compulsions, but are they serious?  (Read 389 times)

Offline T. Jayne

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Do I have OCD? Weird compulsions, but are they serious?
« on: March 16, 2013, 01:46:32 AM »
My mum has OCD, and so did my great grandmother. There's also history of narcissism, schizophrenia, and anxiety in the family; lucky us. I've had these compulsions for years now, but since I don't ritualistically wash my hands multiple times and turn the light on and off and on and off I never thought I had OCD. However, I'm curious anyway if I might have it.

Here are my weird habits:

-Fear of germs, never touch public bins or toilets, get feelings of discomfort at touching stair rails
-Crave symmetry and evenness, the handle on the sugar jar lid must be parallel to the word "sugar", kettle must sit certain way.
-Numbers, volume on TV must be at a multiple of 5 or an even number, would rather it be 15 even if 16 sounds better., 17? No way.
-Spend longer than is normal making sure pictures are sitting parallel to each other at correct angles.
-Intrusive thoughts, paranoid, always watching road when someone is driving, imagine crashing, so sure that they aren't being responsible.
-Always have to say "I love you" as the last thing said when a loved one goes out, afraid they'll die and my last words will be "Get more milk".
-Paranoid of all strangers, if a man walks past me i get visions of him kidnapping me, or worse.
-Fear of white vans, imagine bodies in the back.
-Avoid stepping on cracks in footpaths.
-The part in my hair must be "just so"
-Ruminations, spend hours researching pointless theoretical or philosophical things that have no meaning to me.
-Weird need to Google anything I don't know; watching Idol last night, had to Google what accent Nicki Minaj has. Brooklyn, NY apparently...
-Always staring at the ground when I walk, afraid to step on anything gross: Bugs, gum, spit, cracks, bla bla bla, I noticed most people don't do that...

Anywho, I don't know if that constitutes as OCD, but I think it's safe to say I have compulsive behavior either way. Why is this? Could it be because I have Anxiety Disorder? Did my mum "pass it on" to me?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Scaredandworried

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Do I have OCD? Weird compulsions, but are they serious?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 01:57:05 AM »
It seems like it, you should see someone and get it checked out.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: