Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Weight loss Journey... Biggest Loser: Anxiety Zone Edition  (Read 7220 times)

Offline tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
Re: Weight loss Journey... Biggest Loser: Anxiety Zone Edition
« Reply #210 on: September 03, 2014, 08:13:14 AM »
You look fine even if you lost nothing else. Our back can give out if the supportive abs muscles are not in shape.That is what Joseph Pilates exercises are all about. His exercises require no equipment. Crunches on fit-ball can be good because you get a nice massage on your back too. Use caution with a fit-ball. You can look it up on YT. Get someone at the gym to guide you.

And don't you know life begins at 40? Everything blossoms around this time: wisdom, talent, creativity, appreciation of each day. The best is yet to come.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #211 on: September 03, 2014, 11:07:35 PM »
You look fine even if you lost nothing else. Our back can give out if the supportive abs muscles are not in shape.That is what Joseph Pilates exercises are all about. His exercises require no equipment. Crunches on fit-ball can be good because you get a nice massage on your back too. Use caution with a fit-ball. You can look it up on YT. Get someone at the gym to guide you.

And don't you know life begins at 40? Everything blossoms around this time: wisdom, talent, creativity, appreciation of each day. The best is yet to come.

TY tinam
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #212 on: September 04, 2014, 11:09:29 AM »
You're very welcome. With patience, tenacity, enjoyment in all kinds of exercise you'll reach your goal and we'll celebrate. I'll have a frosty at Wendy's.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #213 on: September 10, 2014, 09:16:20 PM »
I went to the hospital today to take my mom in for a procedure and I had to lay on the floor because I can't sit in a chair due to the herniated disk in my back and this, "mall cop" security gaurd started giving me a hard time asking me if I was supposed to be there.

I told he I was my mom's ride because she was having anestesia and couldn't drive and the mall cop asked for my name and I gave it to her, and she came back and told me, with a big smile on her face, that there was no one there by that name having surgery, and I said I know you asked me my name my mom is the one having surgery

So I gave her my mom's name and never saw, "mall cop," again-lol

But I really love being discriminated against because I have a disability :angel-smiley-006:
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #214 on: September 11, 2014, 08:27:23 AM »
What can we do about insensitive, indifferent _ _ _ _s, or worse. Not letting them get to us is within our power. You are a fabulous son any mother would be thrilled to call her own.

I have this great belief in what we can do for ourself with exercise. Dr. John Sarno has written books about the back. Your library may have them. You can look up back exercises on YT. :yes: I awoke to the spine with yoga. To balance with tai chi. Can help.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #215 on: September 11, 2014, 07:22:03 PM »
TY Tinam  :happy0151:

Well today was just one of those epic days! offshore winds, good swell, 80 degrees, sunny, warm water

I surfed for hours today and caught countless waves

I can honestly say days like today are some of the best days of my life!

Losing 54 pounds, quitting tobaccoo and getting in the best shape I can get in despite having a spinal injury is the best thing that I've done for myself, and it's all because I'm an ambitious, goal oriented, self disciplined person despite my issues.

No one perserves more than I do, no one  :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #216 on: September 12, 2014, 08:17:27 AM »
Your assessments are terrific. Write them on index cards and carry them with you. But don't expect them to be true every single day, every moment. Our brain waves fluctuate, like your waves.

Do not accept disfunction of your spine. Our body heals itself if we help it along. No back surgery, that's what Sarno is about. Gentle exercise. Gentle yoga stretches. A firm six-pack goes a long way too.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #217 on: September 12, 2014, 08:08:35 PM »
Good workout today despite surfing yesterday.

Bench pressed 225 pounds 15 times despite worn out arms and did 2000 steps on the stair stepper again, 4th time this month.

I weighed 213 pounds even this morning 13 pounds from my goal of 200 pounds.

:happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #218 on: September 12, 2014, 10:35:52 PM »
Surf is supposed to be good this weekend but I'm going to have to take a break-lol
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #219 on: September 13, 2014, 08:05:39 AM »
Yes, a rest is necessary. You could try just a cheery walk. And 225 on the bench press is tough. Heavy, could put stress on your spine.

You can make the 13 lbs. Key is to stay hydrated (no sugar drinks). You've done so well. My numbers are much lower but they want to creep back. You'll have to watch out for that too. That tricky body screaming, "Where are my French Fries? Choc. covered nuts? Ice cream cones? M & M's? Mounds bars"? Good Grief. "Here is some sugar free gum."
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #220 on: September 13, 2014, 04:43:35 PM »
Did kind of a light day today.

I fixed some rotten boards on my mom's deck.

225 pounds on the bench press is kind of light for me. I was doing pyramid sets starting at 5 with 305 lbs but I pulled a pec muscle so I went down to 225 and did higher reps.

Bench Press is the one lift I can go all out on. It doesn't hrt the disk in my back at all.

I'm actually a really disciplined person. I haven't had ice cream in 11 months. I attribute my weight gain to a psychotropic medication I was taking and low testosterone from decades of anxiety.

I'm definitely the type of guy who perserveres. I'm not the type of person who hangs around in a chatroom all day and night whining about life. If I have a problem I do somethin about it.

I'm going to make the most of life despite my challenges and I have more challenges than most but I don't care. It doesn't matter.

No one perserveres more than I do. No one.
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #221 on: September 14, 2014, 08:22:00 AM »
You are wonderfully motivated with great determination. I have some days like that, but the others return. No matter. Don't fight them, knowing the good days return too.

Doing outdoor physical work you mention is satisfying, no doubt. You feel useful.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #222 on: September 15, 2014, 05:19:01 PM »
Hurt my hip somehow yesterday. don't know how i did it just did push-ups and biceps
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #223 on: September 15, 2014, 08:16:07 PM »
Since I couldn't workout today due to the hip I decided to fast and when I weighed myself I was in the single digits, 209 pounds.

I've been looking forward to the day I would be in the single digits for months, but my weight just kept fluctuating from as low as 213 to as high as 220.

It looks like that goal of weighing 200 pounds by January 7th is a possibility. I have a few months and about a week to do it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #224 on: September 15, 2014, 09:40:17 PM »
I just ate some chard from my garden. I froze it in the freezer. It wasn't as good as fresh. Yes definitely not as good as fresh, kind of bitter. I don't even think i'm going to finish eating it
Bookmark and Share