Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Weight loss Journey... Biggest Loser: Anxiety Zone Edition  (Read 6014 times)

Offline Smalm

• Live everyday like it's your last for one day will be your last!
  • Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • treatment in progress, better life, no HA!
    • Poke This Member
Re: Weight loss Journey... Biggest Loser: Anxiety Zone Edition
« Reply #195 on: July 06, 2014, 04:40:40 PM »
I'm on Veneflaxine, I just drink peppermint tea and my appetite comes back I found the trick  :grinning-smiley-003: Even another lady is doing the same and her appetite is stronger.  :yes:
Bookmark and Share
On medication, which is doing great! I love the major improvements it has made for me and he people around me for when I have anxiety I make others suffer, but not anymore!

Offline anxiousartist

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #196 on: July 06, 2014, 06:46:44 PM »
My goal this month is to not eat fast food after working out. Instead, I'm going to try to wait to come home and drink a whey protein, banana, and almond milk shake.

I haven't been losing fat lately, and I'm trying to save money for a jeep. So abstaining from fast food is like killing two birds with one stone. I love goals that kill two birds with one stone.

Disclaimer: no birds were harmed in the making of this post
Bookmark and Share
I'm working on being happy with what I can do, rather than sad for what I cannot do

Offline anxiousartist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #197 on: July 12, 2014, 08:29:58 PM »
I'm trying to not eat sugar as much as possible. I've known for a long time that there's a link between eating sugar and anxiety, especially the next morning if I eat sugar at night.

I totally feel like complete ***** the next morning if I eat sugar the night before.
Bookmark and Share
I'm working on being happy with what I can do, rather than sad for what I cannot do

Offline AfternoonRose

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #198 on: July 12, 2014, 09:57:03 PM »
Hi all, I have not gained a single pound in years. My diet is that I cut out all of the following as much as I could:

Sugar (including in sauces, salad dressings, etc.)
Gluten (bread, pasta, etc.)
Alcohol
Caffeine and chocolate

I'm convinced that anyone who cuts out (or at least cuts down) these things from their diet as well, will lose weight. For me I had no choice to change my diet drastically in such a way because of health reasons.

Trust me, I have a sweet tooth and I loooove chocolate and anything sweet, so I know how hard it is to refrain from eating all those goodies (which are in fact BADDIES!!), but if you want a healthy body, the first thing you need to do is to stop putting bad things in your body in the first place! Remember, it's not all about what you put in, but what you LEAVE OUT!!!

Hope it helps some of you out there xx
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #199 on: July 13, 2014, 08:22:19 PM »
That's awesome Afternoonerose

I didn't eat sugar when I was at University, and that's one thing that probably contributed to my success at University.

I didn't eat sugar yesterday, and I tell you what, I felt so much better today, especially this morning.

I haven't drank alcohol in over 14 years, but I have to admit I like caffeine. I don't think I could exercise or get through a morning without it!
Bookmark and Share

Offline HNDFL

• Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Never Give Up Never Back Down
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #200 on: July 21, 2014, 09:22:44 PM »
Well first of all I am 16 years old. I am 5 foot 9 inches and weigh 230lbs :(. Recently I was diagnosed with High BP. I am embarrassed that I let myself get this far. I wanna lose around 50 to 60 pounds because recentley I have been interested all of the sudden in joining the Navy. I have no idea where it came from, but now it is something I wanna do, but I know I need to lose weight and start bettering myself. In the end I want to weigh around 175 pounds or so. I am still growing, I am supposed to be over 6 feet tall so I don't wanna lose too much. I have been eating healthy and exercising for about a week.
Bookmark and Share
"An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up"-Proverbs 12:25

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."-John 14:27

Offline anxiousartist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #201 on: July 21, 2014, 09:43:27 PM »
Great Job!!! HNLDF
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #202 on: July 27, 2014, 01:14:28 PM »
I just saw on the news that 3 surfers got caught in a rip tide and an 18 year old is missing and presumed drowned.

The strange thing is the swell was super clean but super small. I checked it and decided it was too small to surf even. The strange thing is the strength of rip tides are commensurate with the size of swell.

This presumed drowning supports my primary reasons for getting in shape, surfing better and health 90% and looking better maybe 10%.

I did post a couple shirtless pics in the gallery, not so much to show what i look like after losing over 50lbs but to challenge my social anxiety because I have about 20 to 30 pounds more to go and I believe it's good for someone like me who has social anxiety to do things when you know you'll be judged negtively , but do them anyway!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Smalm

• Live everyday like it's your last for one day will be your last!
  • Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • treatment in progress, better life, no HA!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #203 on: August 01, 2014, 12:23:40 AM »
Hey! I've lost an additional 10 pounds, where I lest left off was 172 which was my plateau but now it's defeated and I'm still losing weight, my anxiety medication is helping me stop eating so much and it has been helping me lose weight.   :yes:
Bookmark and Share
On medication, which is doing great! I love the major improvements it has made for me and he people around me for when I have anxiety I make others suffer, but not anymore!

Offline anxiousartist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #204 on: August 10, 2014, 02:11:27 PM »
Hey! I've lost an additional 10 pounds, where I lest left off was 172 which was my plateau but now it's defeated and I'm still losing weight, my anxiety medication is helping me stop eating so much and it has been helping me lose weight.   :yes:

What's the anxiety med you're taking???
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #205 on: August 18, 2014, 09:31:08 PM »
I'm going to turn 40 in January, about 5.5 months from now, and I've decided my present to myself is getting in the best shape I can get in and losing 15-20 pounds.

I've lost about 55 pounds over the last 12 months but over the last 3 months i haven't lost any weight. I haven't lost any weight, but i haven't gained any weight either, so 15-20 pounds in 5.5 months is more difficult than it sounds.
Bookmark and Share

Online tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #206 on: August 19, 2014, 07:56:05 AM »
Praise yourself, praise yourself. You've shed many pounds. The rest will take some time, patience, ingenuity. Nice present to yourself for your next birthday. It feels so good to be the weight you want to be. That is the big reward.
Bookmark and Share

Online superapple

• Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #207 on: August 27, 2014, 02:22:04 PM »
i am trying to lose about a stone or nearly a stone (i am risk of nearly going overweight according to wii fit)
i am trying to just cut down and not drink full fat things like coca cola and loads of chocolate and packs of crisps and i want to drink more water and do a daily exercise routine
Bookmark and Share
If I don't reply to your post send me a PM with the link to the post or send me the message :)