Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Weight loss Journey... Biggest Loser: Anxiety Zone Edition  (Read 10561 times)

Offline tinam7

• Rec's: 88
    • Poke This Member
Re: Weight loss Journey... Biggest Loser: Anxiety Zone Edition
« Reply #190 on: June 14, 2014, 08:54:47 AM »
Nice going but don't aim too high or you set yourself up for disappointment. Does the machine keep track of the count?

Am almost where I want to be on the scale. Now that means big danger zone follows. Have developed a new problem with Wafers from Walmart in flavors. In addition, keep looking at Costco's ad for drumsticks. If they find their way into the freezer, it's all over.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #191 on: June 14, 2014, 10:39:57 AM »
The machine keeps track of some things, but it doesn't keep track of the number of steps. I count them out one at a time in groups of 100. I think the machine keeps track of flights of stairs or something. It also keeps track of calories, but one thing the machine will do is shut down and say, 'congratulations you finished your workout,' or something like that and I'll have to shut off the machine and start it over again, which takes less than 30 seconds. So I just start counting the number of steps from where I was before the machine shut down, but it is a little annoying, but it's something I could probably figure out.

I know what you mean about the ice cream Tinam. I learned how to make cheese sauce last week, so I ate eggs benedict several days in a row, and the cheese sauce consists of 3 tablespoons of butter, 3 tablespoons of flour, and 2% milk and then the eggs benedict consists of 4 eggs, 4 pieces of ham, and 4 muffins. So I wouldn't be surprised if it's over 1000 calories.

I actually gained 7 pounds in three days, and it takes me a month to lose 5 pounds, and that's working out several days a week and being disciplined with what I eat. So I guess I have to nix the eggs benedict if I want to lose, rather than gain weight-sigh-lol.
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Rec's: 88
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #192 on: June 14, 2014, 11:09:45 AM »
It is so nice to learn things in the kitchen but NOT cheese sauce. Try plain scrambled eggs, one piece of toast. Here is an idea: sugar free jello, add fruit cocktail (scoop out of juice), cut in banana and top with light whipped when ready. Lovely. Next to no calorie count. You can have two portions.

That's an awful lot of counting. Could be good for the brain. :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Smalm

• Live everyday like it's your last for one day will be your last!
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • treatment in progress, better life, no HA!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #193 on: July 02, 2014, 02:47:49 PM »
My anxiety for a long time has decreased my appetite, because of that I either eat and never feel full or never bother unless I have to take medication (like the anxiety medication I just started  :bigsmile:) with or if my head tells me that I'm hungry. How this all relates is that I've lost a lot of weight in a month (13 pounds) considering that I generally lose a pound a week. is this unhealthy with the general explanation that my anxiety is causing my appetite loss (not to mention weight loss)? I like where my weight is heading but am upset that I have little to no drive to eat... even my medication has appetite reduction as a side effect.
Bookmark and Share
On medication, which is doing great! I love the major improvements it has made for me and he people around me for when I have anxiety I make others suffer, but not anymore!

Offline anxiousartist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #194 on: July 06, 2014, 12:22:32 PM »
Sorry Smalm I can't answer your question for you. I'd ask your Dr.

May I ask what medication your on whose side effect is appetite reduction???
Bookmark and Share

Offline Smalm

• Live everyday like it's your last for one day will be your last!
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • treatment in progress, better life, no HA!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #195 on: July 06, 2014, 04:40:40 PM »
I'm on Veneflaxine, I just drink peppermint tea and my appetite comes back I found the trick  :grinning-smiley-003: Even another lady is doing the same and her appetite is stronger.  :yes:
Bookmark and Share
On medication, which is doing great! I love the major improvements it has made for me and he people around me for when I have anxiety I make others suffer, but not anymore!

Offline anxiousartist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #196 on: July 06, 2014, 06:46:44 PM »
My goal this month is to not eat fast food after working out. Instead, I'm going to try to wait to come home and drink a whey protein, banana, and almond milk shake.

I haven't been losing fat lately, and I'm trying to save money for a jeep. So abstaining from fast food is like killing two birds with one stone. I love goals that kill two birds with one stone.

Disclaimer: no birds were harmed in the making of this post
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #197 on: July 12, 2014, 08:29:58 PM »
I'm trying to not eat sugar as much as possible. I've known for a long time that there's a link between eating sugar and anxiety, especially the next morning if I eat sugar at night.

I totally feel like complete ***** the next morning if I eat sugar the night before.
Bookmark and Share

Offline AfternoonRose

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #198 on: July 12, 2014, 09:57:03 PM »
Hi all, I have not gained a single pound in years. My diet is that I cut out all of the following as much as I could:

Sugar (including in sauces, salad dressings, etc.)
Gluten (bread, pasta, etc.)
Alcohol
Caffeine and chocolate

I'm convinced that anyone who cuts out (or at least cuts down) these things from their diet as well, will lose weight. For me I had no choice to change my diet drastically in such a way because of health reasons.

Trust me, I have a sweet tooth and I loooove chocolate and anything sweet, so I know how hard it is to refrain from eating all those goodies (which are in fact BADDIES!!), but if you want a healthy body, the first thing you need to do is to stop putting bad things in your body in the first place! Remember, it's not all about what you put in, but what you LEAVE OUT!!!

Hope it helps some of you out there xx
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #199 on: July 13, 2014, 08:22:19 PM »
That's awesome Afternoonerose

I didn't eat sugar when I was at University, and that's one thing that probably contributed to my success at University.

I didn't eat sugar yesterday, and I tell you what, I felt so much better today, especially this morning.

I haven't drank alcohol in over 14 years, but I have to admit I like caffeine. I don't think I could exercise or get through a morning without it!
Bookmark and Share