Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Weight loss Journey... Biggest Loser: Anxiety Zone Edition  (Read 11023 times)

Offline anxiousartist

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Weight loss Journey... Biggest Loser: Anxiety Zone Edition
« Reply #160 on: May 09, 2014, 11:23:27 PM »
I'm stoked. I got into the teens today. I was 219.2 pounds this morning. I've been dreaming of getting into the teens for a long time. My ultimate goal, the goal i never thought i'd achieve, is getting to 200 pounds. I never thought i'd get there but it's looking like more and more of a possibility, but I have to admit I had a strong craving for ice cream when i went shopping today, but I didn't buy any, and I haven't had any ice cream for six months.
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Rec's: 92
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #161 on: May 10, 2014, 10:57:32 AM »
This is super. :banana: Losing the last 19 is perfectly manageable. Give yourself time. It really means so much not only in appearance but in overall health.

Ice cream can be a problem. Maybe check "lite" ice cream or weight watchers. But don't deny it completely. About once a week it's "dig in" for me with no guilt. Do try to avoid it in the evening. Have it earlier in the day which gives the body more of a chance to burn it up instead of settling in as fat rolls. Nice going.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #162 on: May 13, 2014, 09:37:19 PM »
Man it feels good to be rewarded for all the hard work and discipline! I surfed for ages today, and I caught around 15 waves. I could count the number of waves I caught on one hand when I was 260 pounds, and that's surfing several times a week/month for a couple years!

And that's not even the worst of it, when I was 260 pounds, I'd have to get someone in the parking lot to zip my suit up for me. Now I can zip my suite up easy, no problem.

When I was 260 pounds, I would get out of breathe trying to put my booties on, or even just tying my shoes. Know I put on my booties easy, no problem!

Having surfing as motivation and getting rewarded with waves, gives me the motivation to lose the last 20 pounds!

Hopefully, by the end of August I will hit my goal weight, or at least be closer to it!
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #163 on: May 14, 2014, 08:18:02 AM »
Time to celebrate. But how? This takes ingenuity and creativity. I'm getting Michael Buble's Save The Last Dance For Me and will dance to it. Teacher in Zumba played it and I sure liked it.

It does feel so good when clothes fit easily, no pain getting buttoned or zipped, no bulges. Nice. Must resolve to keep it that way. We can do it. :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #164 on: May 14, 2014, 09:17:55 PM »
Dang...my back is killing me today after surfing yesterday, but I knew it would it always does after I do something physical, and the surf might be good again tomorrow.

I'm trying to stay off my feet and in bed as much as possible just in case it is good tomorrow, but it'll have to be really good to get me out there the shape I'm in today.

I wish the surf was good everyday so I wouldn't feel like I was missing out for skipping a good day, but the surf might not be good for weeks again or even longer.

Oh well my back is what it is. It's kind of like money I have to save it and spend it on something I really want to spend it on and surfing is one of those things-lol.
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #165 on: May 15, 2014, 07:57:28 AM »
A strong back is critical to your overall health and well-being. You want to read Dr. John Sarno. Your library probably has him. And look up exercises to strengthen the back. Do them every day. I became aware of my spine when I learned yoga and learned about Pilates. So a grand adventure is just ahead of you.

You'll be the star on surfing runway.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #166 on: May 15, 2014, 08:30:27 PM »
Dang my back is hurting today. It sucks when you have the ambition and discipline to be successful but not the health, but it definitely coud be worse. It could always be worse-lol

So glad the surf wasn't good today, so I wasn't tempted to go out and make it worse.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #167 on: May 16, 2014, 07:10:17 PM »
My back was in bad shape today, but I had group therapy in town, so I went to the gym today with the intention of doing safe exercises, that I knew had low probability of not hurting the disk in my back, like pull-ups, and I was iffy about working out on the stair stepper, but I decided to give it a shot, and I found out how awesome this thing really is...

My back was not worse afterwards, and I got a great aerobic and leg workout, and my back even feels better than it did before I used the stair stepper!

I highly recommend this machine to anyone with joint problems who wants an aerobic workout that can be as intense as running a one hundred yard sprint, but with absolutely minimal impact, if any at all.

I can't even walk on a treadmill, on it's steepest setting, at like 2 miles an hour, without experiencing pain and making my back worse. This stair stepper is the bomb  :yes:

Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #168 on: May 17, 2014, 08:48:42 AM »
This is interesting because it points to individual differences in how we get a handle on pain. Some people turn to drugs or operations. Not good. To be avoided.

I keep my back strong with yoga and focus on abs. Run my own stairs all day long. That amounts to nothing less than lifting our own weight. Effective. Have lived in places with no stairs and with stairs. With stairs built in there is automatic daily exercise. If we can prevent the mind from dragging us down we've got it made, though I feel as if I'm burning up with those fires in So. CA.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #169 on: May 19, 2014, 08:19:09 PM »
I did 22 pullups with 130 pounds of assist today a new record for me  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share