Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Weight loss Journey... Biggest Loser: Anxiety Zone Edition  (Read 7470 times)

Offline Myocdragon

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
Re: Weight loss Journey... Biggest Loser: Anxiety Zone Edition
« Reply #150 on: May 06, 2014, 11:55:47 AM »
HAHA! I just read your comment, "...never giving in is the beacon to strive for," as "...never giving in is the BACON to strive for."

Oh mercy.

It's a daily effort, for sure. And like Vince Lombardi said, “Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence.”

I write down every thing I eat, every bite, every taste, everything. It helps me be accountable. It's easy and convenient to pretend I didn't eat a small piece of cheese, but my body doesn't pretend. If I eat enough small bites of stuff, it adds up quickly. But if I get in the habit of writing it down, my natural laziness becomes my ally. I'm not going to eat this piece of prosciutto because then I have to find a pen and get my notebook out and write it down. Too much effort.
Bookmark and Share
I'm not crazy, I've just lost my mind

Offline Snowy

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #151 on: May 06, 2014, 12:52:09 PM »
Dragon- Writing down everything you eat is a great idea!  I think I'll start doing that. (:  At one point, I would make up a meal plan the night before and stick to it religiously, even marking down snacks that I could have.  Most of the time, I didn't even end up eating the snacks.  It did help me a lot to mark off what I ate as I went, but then again I'm a natural list-maker.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Myocdragon

Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #152 on: May 06, 2014, 06:35:39 PM »
Snowy, I like the meal plan idea. Planning is really helpful. Occasionally when going out I'll see if a restaurant has a menu online beforehand and I'll plan my meal BEFORE I go out and am hungry. Then I won't even look at the menu, i'll just stick to the plan. But I've gotten off track with that. I used to say that the one bright side of major depressive disorder was that I'd hardly eat anything all day, but if I had a date night with my wife I'd relax and feel better and could eat ANYTHING I wanted and still lose weight. I'd eat stuff like carnitas with bacon and guacamole and still lose two pounds in a day. Of course the next day I'd wake up with the depression and not eat anything again.

And now that I'm not stuck in the depression I laugh because I can't eat whatever I want anymore. I told my wife, "I wish I was just a little depressed, like 2 pounds a week until I lose 15 pounds."
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #153 on: May 07, 2014, 08:46:21 AM »
Oh Lord, I love bacon. The Old Boy here often makes it part of breakfast. How am I supposed to resist that? Then he finds Spumoni with almonds and pistachio ice cream. And it's not even summer yet.

Writing things down is great except when the calorie count at a hearty country breakfast takes care of the calorie count for the day. Not even a single choc. chip has been allowed since May 1. It may be time for a weigh-in. Takes courage. Depression can help to lose the appetite but never choc. for me. It can then be only choc. Forget all else. Easy on record keeping.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Snowy

Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #154 on: May 07, 2014, 11:44:55 AM »
Dragon - I attempted doing the menu thing beforehand as well, but it hardly ever worked.  When we were out for a day, we'd end up with fast food because of just being busy, and it's hard to find anything that isn't terrible for you.  I've gotta agree with you, depression is oddly helpful in losing weight.  Sadly, every time I'd get over the depression, the weight would come back as well.

tinam - Ah, you're a big chocolate fan?  I like it ok but I don't crave it, thank goodness!  I like to try to eat a smaller breakfast so that I don't feel as guilty if I mess up later.  :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline rap_Talon

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #155 on: May 07, 2014, 05:02:34 PM »
Whoo, I've now lost another 10lbs since I first posted on here. Hello success!

This heart-healthy diet has been fantastic for me. Having spoken to my doctor, I've now been told that I can increase my exercise output, maybe add something a little more strenuous than the walking I've been doing so far :)

I've also been writing down everything I eat, which I'm finding helps me. It seems easier to stick to a routine that way.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Myocdragon

Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #156 on: May 07, 2014, 05:51:32 PM »
Congratulations Talon!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Snowy

Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #157 on: May 07, 2014, 05:54:23 PM »
Congrats, Talon, that's great to hear! (:
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #158 on: May 07, 2014, 10:08:54 PM »
I went surfing today and afterwards I ate nearly everything in the house (OK that's hyperbole, but I ate a lot).

Something about surfing makes me absolutely famished.

I've made up my mind, I'm not going to eat anything else tonight, other than a protein shake, if I absolutely have to eat again.
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #159 on: May 08, 2014, 08:10:30 AM »
Oh, this is so fabulous. Ad. Min. work does pay off. Keeps a check on that part of the brain that clamors, "More, more, more, I WANT more." There is that risk after good exercise wanting to eat not only the contents of the cupboard but the cupboard itself. Helps to be aware of the risk at that time. P.M. is no problem because brain knows once I've flossed and brushed teeth I'm not about to go through that again. I'm done. Water and tea maybe a little diluted juice.

Yes, Snowy, choc. is the worst scale spoiler. But it can be quarts of soup followed by pasta, fried rice, baked potato dripping with Smart Balance. Little note pad doesn't even have enough lines to keep the proper record. Oh well, tomorrow is another day. :angel-smiley-006:
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #160 on: May 09, 2014, 11:23:27 PM »
I'm stoked. I got into the teens today. I was 219.2 pounds this morning. I've been dreaming of getting into the teens for a long time. My ultimate goal, the goal i never thought i'd achieve, is getting to 200 pounds. I never thought i'd get there but it's looking like more and more of a possibility, but I have to admit I had a strong craving for ice cream when i went shopping today, but I didn't buy any, and I haven't had any ice cream for six months.
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #161 on: May 10, 2014, 10:57:32 AM »
This is super. :banana: Losing the last 19 is perfectly manageable. Give yourself time. It really means so much not only in appearance but in overall health.

Ice cream can be a problem. Maybe check "lite" ice cream or weight watchers. But don't deny it completely. About once a week it's "dig in" for me with no guilt. Do try to avoid it in the evening. Have it earlier in the day which gives the body more of a chance to burn it up instead of settling in as fat rolls. Nice going.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #162 on: May 13, 2014, 09:37:19 PM »
Man it feels good to be rewarded for all the hard work and discipline! I surfed for ages today, and I caught around 15 waves. I could count the number of waves I caught on one hand when I was 260 pounds, and that's surfing several times a week/month for a couple years!

And that's not even the worst of it, when I was 260 pounds, I'd have to get someone in the parking lot to zip my suit up for me. Now I can zip my suite up easy, no problem.

When I was 260 pounds, I would get out of breathe trying to put my booties on, or even just tying my shoes. Know I put on my booties easy, no problem!

Having surfing as motivation and getting rewarded with waves, gives me the motivation to lose the last 20 pounds!

Hopefully, by the end of August I will hit my goal weight, or at least be closer to it!
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #163 on: May 14, 2014, 08:18:02 AM »
Time to celebrate. But how? This takes ingenuity and creativity. I'm getting Michael Buble's Save The Last Dance For Me and will dance to it. Teacher in Zumba played it and I sure liked it.

It does feel so good when clothes fit easily, no pain getting buttoned or zipped, no bulges. Nice. Must resolve to keep it that way. We can do it. :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #164 on: May 14, 2014, 09:17:55 PM »
Dang...my back is killing me today after surfing yesterday, but I knew it would it always does after I do something physical, and the surf might be good again tomorrow.

I'm trying to stay off my feet and in bed as much as possible just in case it is good tomorrow, but it'll have to be really good to get me out there the shape I'm in today.

I wish the surf was good everyday so I wouldn't feel like I was missing out for skipping a good day, but the surf might not be good for weeks again or even longer.

Oh well my back is what it is. It's kind of like money I have to save it and spend it on something I really want to spend it on and surfing is one of those things-lol.
Bookmark and Share