Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Weight loss Journey... Biggest Loser: Anxiety Zone Edition  (Read 10651 times)

Offline anxiousartist

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Weight loss Journey... Biggest Loser: Anxiety Zone Edition
« Reply #130 on: April 28, 2014, 04:59:59 PM »
Welcome myocdDragon, and congratulations on your success so far.
Bookmark and Share

Offline rap_Talon

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #131 on: April 28, 2014, 08:01:49 PM »
Thank you guys. I am quite proud of my progress so far. Long way to go yet though, before I can be truly satisfied. Hopefully some of the tips I've learned on here. Anxiety can be bad enough, without trying to stick to a firm routine and diet along with it! :P
Bookmark and Share

Offline Myocdragon

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #132 on: April 28, 2014, 11:10:19 PM »
Way to go Talon. What kind of exercise are you thinking about?
Bookmark and Share
I'm not crazy, I've just lost my mind

Offline rap_Talon

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #133 on: April 29, 2014, 04:43:41 AM »
At the moment, given my current weight and ridiculous yet destroying heart fears, I'll probably just try and up my walking - do a little more, increase the pace. We have a couple of dogs, and taking them out always seems like a good workout. I'm very lucky to live right on the banks of the Thames river, and it's a beautiful walk for about 5 miles up once the English summer finally arrives! It's quite saddening that I used to walk the 10 mile round trip, and am now reduced to meek shuffles to the postbox!

Once I have my weight a little more under control, and am feeling more comfortable, there are a couple of things I'd like to try. One is to join a martial arts class; my sister, who is autistic and has diabetes so is on a bit of a weight-loss kick herself, simply loves doing it, but she needs somebody to go along with her. I'd also like to make use of the free gym membership that the doctor gave me. We have a brilliant leisure centre about 2 miles down the road. I could walk up there in the morning, do an hour of something fun, have breakfast there and then walk home :)

Bookmark and Share

Online tinam7

• Rec's: 88
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #134 on: April 29, 2014, 08:47:59 AM »
Welcome, welcome. Together we can reach our goals. There are so many rewards for making friends with the scale. One big one is nothing less than our health. We are much less likely to come up with any number of diseases, organ problems, skeletal issues, etc. if we are at a good weight. The insurance companies should reward us.

Working out or just walking is terrific but we must analyze what we eat, what is likely to be our downfall, and make the necessary adjustment. For starters, don't bring it indoors.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Snowy

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #135 on: April 29, 2014, 11:13:05 AM »
Talon ;; It's lovely that you live near something so scenic!  I get discouraged from walking down the road even, because it's curvy and people come flying through.  I'd rather not go by myself.  A martial arts class sounds like a good idea. (:

Myocdragon ;; You're pretty close to reaching your goal, congrats!  Hitting a plateau can really discourage people, I'm glad you got over that.  I seem to sit between the same five pounds myself.  I'm determined to get out of the rut this year!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Myocdragon

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #136 on: April 30, 2014, 12:43:37 AM »
Thanks, snowy!
Ugh those plateaus are killers. Are you exercising? Have you tried a trainer? I only see mine once in a while because he's so expensive. But man what a difference. It's a great workout and definitely helps break a plateau.
Bookmark and Share
I'm not crazy, I've just lost my mind

Offline Snowy

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #137 on: April 30, 2014, 01:56:01 PM »
I haven't tried a trainer, no.  I much prefer doing my workouts in private.  I have exercised this week, yes, but I'm not on a regular schedule yet.  I'm working back up to that.  A backache has been nagging at me lately, throwing me off!   I do yoga at least, on the days I can't exercise.  (:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Smalm

• Live everyday like it's your last for one day will be your last!
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • treatment in progress, better life, no HA!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #138 on: April 30, 2014, 07:06:58 PM »
Hello there!  :action-smiley-065: I'm trying to lose weight as well as you people, execept I'm younger. I am 5'4 and about 172 pounds, I'm a teen and I'm not doing this to be a "skinny fat" sort of person I just want to not get weight related issues and eating related issues like diabetes and obesity that runs in my family. I started my diet in January for my anxiety to try to get the sugars and processed stuff out of my daily life and to get in the ingrediants that are fresh (like an egg from friend's chickens) or like a carrot and quineoa, so literally stuff that I can see and feel good about. I live two and a half miles from my school and when it was a good day (not too hot, not too cold) I would walk from school to my house. Anyways I did that once a week nutil my legs started to hurt, it's still the same distance and pace but my legs still were hurting, so I quit that and uptown is half a mile and instead of my parent driving me uptown to get me food or drop me off for family shopping I would walk there, unless it was pouring. Anyways I think the leg pain was not enough bananas  :banana: and also not enough hydration, but it still happens and the warm weather I can't stand walking in for it seems as if I sweat a gallon. I, as I've said have been only eating foods in which I can see the ingrediants of. In all this dieting I have one issue, sweets, How do you not eat those things like Oreos? or Ice cream? I really have a strong sweet tooth and need advice, it also seems as if the artificial stuff I can't stay away from...  :traurig001: Is there any way to make these things bite the bullet? I really would like any opinion so that i can mave forwards and any suggestions about exercise or dieting I should try would be welcomed, If you don't mind I would like to hear what you people ate and how you pushed forward, please PM me! - Thanks, a Hypochondriac Smalm
Bookmark and Share
On medication, which is doing great! I love the major improvements it has made for me and he people around me for when I have anxiety I make others suffer, but not anymore!

Offline anxiousartist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #139 on: April 30, 2014, 07:41:31 PM »
Hello there!  :action-smiley-065: I'm trying to lose weight as well as you people, execept I'm younger. I am 5'4 and about 172 pounds, I'm a teen and I'm not doing this to be a "skinny fat" sort of person I just want to not get weight related issues and eating related issues like diabetes and obesity that runs in my family. I started my diet in January for my anxiety to try to get the sugars and processed stuff out of my daily life and to get in the ingrediants that are fresh (like an egg from friend's chickens) or like a carrot and quineoa, so literally stuff that I can see and feel good about. I live two and a half miles from my school and when it was a good day (not too hot, not too cold) I would walk from school to my house. Anyways I did that once a week nutil my legs started to hurt, it's still the same distance and pace but my legs still were hurting, so I quit that and uptown is half a mile and instead of my parent driving me uptown to get me food or drop me off for family shopping I would walk there, unless it was pouring. Anyways I think the leg pain was not enough bananas  :banana: and also not enough hydration, but it still happens and the warm weather I can't stand walking in for it seems as if I sweat a gallon. I, as I've said have been only eating foods in which I can see the ingrediants of. In all this dieting I have one issue, sweets, How do you not eat those things like Oreos? or Ice cream? I really have a strong sweet tooth and need advice, it also seems as if the artificial stuff I can't stay away from...  :traurig001: Is there any way to make these things bite the bullet? I really would like any opinion so that i can mave forwards and any suggestions about exercise or dieting I should try would be welcomed, If you don't mind I would like to hear what you people ate and how you pushed forward, please PM me! - Thanks, a Hypochondriac Smalm

One way to eat less sweats is to tell yourself sugar contributes to anxiety, which is true. When I was at University, I wanted to succeed so badly I never ate sugar because I knew sugar contributed to my anxiety, and abstaining from sugar made a huge difference in my fitness.

I don't have unrelenting anxiety today like I did when I was at University but I still try to abstain from sugar as much as I can for my health, and artificial sweeteners have also been linked to anxiety, so you shouldn't replace sugar with artificial sweeteners.
Bookmark and Share