Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Weight loss Journey... Biggest Loser: Anxiety Zone Edition  (Read 7050 times)

Offline GenSec

• Rec's: 56
    • Poke This Member
Re: Weight loss Journey... Biggest Loser: Anxiety Zone Edition
« Reply #120 on: April 25, 2014, 11:56:46 AM »
Ah but you see Snowy I have no control over the cereal in our house - my folks buy it! :mad0228: And the boxes sit there teasing me.
I see.  I have the same problems here.  I feel I'd be doing a lot better with this if my parents would get on board and eat a bit better.  My mom's even diabetic, but she buys us a lot of junk.[/quote]

Oh dear, if she's diabetic then your mom should really be taking care of her diet to prevent it becoming worse. Do you think she'd listen to you if you tried to encourage her to take better care? :winking0008: Perhaps you could help her by eating more healthy together, mom and daughter! That can sometimes motivate people!

I think I skipped dessert last night now that you mention it! o:

Out of curiosity, what's your favourite dessert? ;D

I don't know, I think I'd say the exact opposite.  I mean, I DO think women usually look better with a bit of weight but I think the same of men.

Thats music to the ears of every guy on a weight loss thread, lol! :happy0158: :laugh3:

In other news, my weekly weigh-in this morning revealed a loss of 2 lbs! I've finally lost my first Stone, my first 14 lbs since I started my consumption-oriented diet! Its slow and steady progress but its still in the right direction, thank goodness.

Regards,
Gen.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Snowy

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #121 on: April 25, 2014, 01:50:30 PM »
Quote from: GenSec
Oh dear, if she's diabetic then your mom should really be taking care of her diet to prevent it becoming worse. Do you think she'd listen to you if you tried to encourage her to take better care? :winking0008: Perhaps you could help her by eating more healthy together, mom and daughter! That can sometimes motivate people!
Oh, she does well enough for herself such as only eating sugar free desserts.  There is some speculation as to whether or not she really has it.  She listens to absolutely no one, though.  She's a big soft drink fan which we always poke at her about but she won't cut down on them.  She's very stubborn.  But she eats more veggies than I do, so she's not doing that bad.  She just buys junk food for me and my dad to eat.  Now my dad, I don't know how he can sit there and eat about five donuts.

Out of curiosity, what's your favourite dessert? ;D
Oh goodness.  If I had to pick one, probably homemade brownies.  I haven't had those in months.

In other news, my weekly weigh-in this morning revealed a loss of 2 lbs! I've finally lost my first Stone, my first 14 lbs since I started my consumption-oriented diet! Its slow and steady progress but its still in the right direction, thank goodness.
:happy0030: Congratulations!  That's terrific!  I haven't weighed myself in a bit, but I keep regular tabs by measuring my waist and I'm still at a number I'm satisfied with, which is one inch less than I was at the start of the year.  Easter threw me off my diet, sadly.  I'm just love using that excuse "it's a holiday!"  :laugh3:
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #122 on: April 26, 2014, 08:55:56 AM »
There have been no weigh-ins as chocolate in various guises has taken over. It is brought in here despite many objections. The rest can be guessed.

Scale throws out fiery darts as soon as I go near it. Try to forgive myself, start anew. May just get going with sit-ups right now to Moonlight Sonata. No Mounds, no choc pepitos, choc covered walnuts, almonds, choc ice cream, choc chip ice cream, choc covered ice fruit bars. Who invented choc anyway.
Bookmark and Share

Offline GenSec

• Rec's: 56
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #123 on: April 26, 2014, 01:57:52 PM »
Oh, she does well enough for herself such as only eating sugar free desserts.  There is some speculation as to whether or not she really has it.  She listens to absolutely no one, though.  She's a big soft drink fan which we always poke at her about but she won't cut down on them.  She's very stubborn.  But she eats more veggies than I do, so she's not doing that bad.  She just buys junk food for me and my dad to eat.  Now my dad, I don't know how he can sit there and eat about five donuts.

Don't be too tough on your dad, Snowy... I've savoured a few donuts in one sitting myself! :angel-smiley-006: :laugh3:

Oh goodness.  If I had to pick one, probably homemade brownies.  I haven't had those in months.

Nice. :winking0008: I wouldn't turn down a bunch of brownies if they were on offer! ;D One of the things I'm not is a bid dessert man, fortunately enough for my already embattled waistline! I do enjoy a whole Victoria sponge to myself sometimes though when i let my guard down.

:happy0030: Congratulations!  That's terrific!  I haven't weighed myself in a bit, but I keep regular tabs by measuring my waist and I'm still at a number I'm satisfied with, which is one inch less than I was at the start of the year.  Easter threw me off my diet, sadly.  I'm just love using that excuse "it's a holiday!"  :laugh3:

You don't strike me as someone with a weight nor waist problem, snowy. :happy0062: And don't worry - we're all allowed to ease up on ourselves every so often, life's too short! :happy0001:

There have been no weigh-ins as chocolate in various guises has taken over. It is brought in here despite many objections. The rest can be guessed.

Aw Tina, it sounds like somebody is eager to treat you (either that, or fatten you up)! :laugh3:

Scale throws out fiery darts as soon as I go near it. Try to forgive myself, start anew. May just get going with sit-ups right now to Moonlight Sonata. No Mounds, no choc pepitos, choc covered walnuts, almonds, choc ice cream, choc chip ice cream, choc covered ice fruit bars. Who invented choc anyway.

If i were you i wouldn't be overly worrying about my weight nor waistline. :winking0008: It sounds to me like you've lived long enough to earn the right to live a little and enjoy a few treats.

Regards,
Gen.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #124 on: April 26, 2014, 05:16:12 PM »

Don't be too tough on your dad, Snowy... I've savoured a few donuts in one sitting myself! :angel-smiley-006: :laugh3:

Nice. :winking0008: I wouldn't turn down a bunch of brownies if they were on offer! ;D One of the things I'm not is a bid dessert man, fortunately enough for my already embattled waistline! I do enjoy a whole Victoria sponge to myself sometimes though when i let my guard down.

You don't strike me as someone with a weight nor waist problem, snowy. :happy0062: And don't worry - we're all allowed to ease up on ourselves every so often, life's too short! :happy0001:

Aw Tina, it sounds like somebody is eager to treat you (either that, or fatten you up)! :laugh3:

If i were you i wouldn't be overly worrying about my weight nor waistline. :winking0008: It sounds to me like you've lived long enough to earn the right to live a little and enjoy a few treats.

Regards,
Gen.

This question is off-topic, but how did you break that quote up Gensec? I've always been curious how people do that-lol.

I've been working out at the gym every other day. It just costs too much to drive to the gym more than that, but it's probably good to take days off inbetween workouts anyway. On the days I don't go to town, I usually do something physical, like walking my dog on the beach.

I'm about a pound and a half from my goal this month of 220 pounds, but I'm going to be really excited once I get into the teens! That will be a milestone for me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Snowy

Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #125 on: April 27, 2014, 02:32:39 PM »
tinam ;; Easter got me with all the chocolate as well!
Sit-ups is a good place to start.  When I first began losing weight, I didn't do much- about five minutes of running, some sit-ups, and some push-ups.  That was all it took to kick-start it.  Good luck getting back on track. (:

anxious ;; I envy you for being brave enough to go to the gym!  I do all my workouts in my bedroom.
It's great to hear you're so close to your goal!  It's exciting to see a number that you haven't seen in quite a while.

Quote from: GenSec
I used to be able to do things like that, but I get full a lot faster now. o:

I've never heard of a Victoria sponge.  I don't eat a lot of desserts either.  I think that's something I pick up when I'm feeling down and just want to keep eating longer.

I'll have to take your word on that one.  :winking0008: I'm biased about myself!
I agree, though, I always encourage my grandma to have that extra Oreo.  Afterall, she's lived this long on her diet, so she must be doing something right!
Bookmark and Share

Offline rap_Talon

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #126 on: April 27, 2014, 04:01:27 PM »
Oh wow, what a fantastic idea. A place for us all to share our successes. Already looked at a couple of recipes, and am going to have fun trying them out!

I'm currently very focused on losing weight. A few months ago I was at 350lbs. my doctor has been very supportive, and I've been on a diet so far with an ultimate goal of 226lbs, or 16 stone, which my doctor thinks will be perfectly fine for me.

So far I've managed to lose 40lbs, and am feeling better about myself than I ever have. I'm getting to the stage where I want to start increasing my exercise amount a little. I always struggled with that before, being as heavy as I was! :)

Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #127 on: April 27, 2014, 06:42:27 PM »
Welcome rap_Talon, and congratulations on your success!!!  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Snowy

Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #128 on: April 28, 2014, 01:11:39 PM »
Hi Talon!  Congrats on your weight loss, that's quite an impressive number!

Update from me- I weighed myself this morning and I've lost two pounds!  I've finally dipped below my first goal weight. (:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Myocdragon

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #129 on: April 28, 2014, 02:01:54 PM »
Hello everyone.
On December 11th of 2012 I decided to change my life. At the time I weighed 215lbs. I quit drinking alcohol, I quit eating sweets, both of which I love. I didn't increase my exercises I already worked out five days/week running and push-ups and similar exercises.

I dropped steadily till I was 170, then plateaued for several months. Interestingly my GAD and OCD suddenly kicked in in high gear and I got depression, which is what broke my plateau. I'm now 159lbs with my goal weight set at 148. I'm a man, but I'm only 5'6", so that's a reasonable goal.

I consider my weight loss journey fairly successful so far. I have advice, recipes, and good old encouragement to offer, and I'd appreciate the same in return.

We can do this!
MyOCDragon
Bookmark and Share
I'm not crazy, I've just lost my mind

Offline anxiousartist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #130 on: April 28, 2014, 04:59:59 PM »
Welcome myocdDragon, and congratulations on your success so far.
Bookmark and Share

Offline rap_Talon

Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #131 on: April 28, 2014, 08:01:49 PM »
Thank you guys. I am quite proud of my progress so far. Long way to go yet though, before I can be truly satisfied. Hopefully some of the tips I've learned on here. Anxiety can be bad enough, without trying to stick to a firm routine and diet along with it! :P
Bookmark and Share

Offline Myocdragon

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #132 on: April 28, 2014, 11:10:19 PM »
Way to go Talon. What kind of exercise are you thinking about?
Bookmark and Share
I'm not crazy, I've just lost my mind

Offline rap_Talon

Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #133 on: April 29, 2014, 04:43:41 AM »
At the moment, given my current weight and ridiculous yet destroying heart fears, I'll probably just try and up my walking - do a little more, increase the pace. We have a couple of dogs, and taking them out always seems like a good workout. I'm very lucky to live right on the banks of the Thames river, and it's a beautiful walk for about 5 miles up once the English summer finally arrives! It's quite saddening that I used to walk the 10 mile round trip, and am now reduced to meek shuffles to the postbox!

Once I have my weight a little more under control, and am feeling more comfortable, there are a couple of things I'd like to try. One is to join a martial arts class; my sister, who is autistic and has diabetes so is on a bit of a weight-loss kick herself, simply loves doing it, but she needs somebody to go along with her. I'd also like to make use of the free gym membership that the doctor gave me. We have a brilliant leisure centre about 2 miles down the road. I could walk up there in the morning, do an hour of something fun, have breakfast there and then walk home :)

Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #134 on: April 29, 2014, 08:47:59 AM »
Welcome, welcome. Together we can reach our goals. There are so many rewards for making friends with the scale. One big one is nothing less than our health. We are much less likely to come up with any number of diseases, organ problems, skeletal issues, etc. if we are at a good weight. The insurance companies should reward us.

Working out or just walking is terrific but we must analyze what we eat, what is likely to be our downfall, and make the necessary adjustment. For starters, don't bring it indoors.
Bookmark and Share