Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Weight loss Journey... Biggest Loser: Anxiety Zone Edition  (Read 11000 times)

Offline GenSec

• Rec's: 61
    • Poke This Member
Re: Weight loss Journey... Biggest Loser: Anxiety Zone Edition
« Reply #70 on: March 19, 2014, 05:34:43 PM »
Kind thanks! :winking0008:

I admire the amount of effort you're putting into your endeavours, AA. :yes: You're putting in so much daily effort. In contrast, i'm forced to admit i'm lazy.  :angel-smiley-006: :laugh3: I would never go near my local gym, and i have no intention of doing exercise on a regular basis. So i focus on regulating my diet instead. So far its been working, with 1 or 2 lbs lost every week. I'm not greatly overweight or obese or anything so i don't have to lose a lot of weight every week to make it worth the effort. At some point however diet changes may simply not be enough for further weight loss.

Weigh-in day is a couple of days away for me... hopefully progress remains slow and steady. Hopefully, that will also mean that the weight is easier to keep off! I was always very slim until a few years ago, so hopefully it will be easy to return to being that way once again. My build has never been very muscly, manly or macho, i think i'm naturally slender so i'm happy to remain that way - anyway, anything is better than the chubby chap i am currently, lol! ;D
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Rec's: 92
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2014, 07:49:14 AM »
We want to be Slim Jims but a bit of muscle is nice too. For one thing, I want tight triceps and a sixpack of sorts to support the spine. So I exercise at home and go to the gym.

Rather than just depriving myself of goodies, I try to reward myself with exercise even if it is just walking. The best reward is when I seem to appear slim and trim in a sporty outfit.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2014, 08:31:11 PM »
Thanks for the compliment Gensec!

Working out is really easy for me. I took seroquel for a couple years and I gained 60 pounds, and I developed fatty liver disease. So I have plenty of motivation to get in shape!

Losing weight and getting in shape could literally be the difference between life and death. Plus I'm in less pain after I exercise.

But I also want to surf better. I tried surfing when I was 60 pounds overweight and I can literally count on one hand the number of waves I caught, and that's surfing 3+ days a week. I've had sessions in the past when I was in shape when I've caught 15+ waves.

I also want to feel better about myself, and losing weight and getting in shape was my goal this winter. Winters can be long, dark, and grey in the northwest, so I have to have something to do to make the winters go by as fast as possible!
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #73 on: March 22, 2014, 06:05:05 PM »
Great news guys, the gym I go to bought a new stair stepper and it's up and operational!!!!-LOL

I was so excited I did 500 steps on it today!!!  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2014, 09:00:51 AM »
The stair stepper really makes a lot of sense. Instead of weights you are lifting your entire body weight with your legs. In push-ups, the arms and shoulders do the work. Can do them only off a fit-ball.

Will be running stairs here today every chance I get. And avoid the desserts.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #75 on: March 23, 2014, 04:29:49 PM »
Sounds great Tinam!

Wow what a beautiful day today in the Pacific Northwest. It was so nice today I took my dog for a walk on the beach in just a t-shirt and hoodie, and my cherry trees are blooming. It's definitely Spring!

What are your fitness plans now that the weather is getting better?
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #76 on: March 23, 2014, 05:27:01 PM »
Your cherry trees are blooming? We still have some snow around. But I do see small green buds on a lilac bush and on my walk saw a crocus peeking out. Walking is all I do outdoors. So thank goodness I have the stairs on the inside, weights on the fit-ball, yoga at home and in classes, equipment in the gym. Now also go to a class in Zumba. Music gets me going. No doubt your dog gets you going. We once had a dachshund. All she wanted was to stretch out in the sun or whine for a ball under the couch.

We generally get your weather. So maybe March, typically our snowiest month, will go out like a lamb. Nice.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #77 on: March 25, 2014, 06:42:28 PM »
I went surfing yesterday, the first time in several weeks, but that's just the life of a surfer here in the Pacific Northwest this time of year.

I caught 4 waves, and I was stoked. It's so cool to be able to catch waves and be rewarded for all my hard work in the gym and the kitchen, rather than having to wait months until summer to see any results. Fortunately, I can not remember a winter that has been this good, so I've had a lot of opportunities to be rewarded!

Today, I was exhausted from surfing yesterday, but it is rainy and windy today, so I decided to go to the gym, and I actually had a really good workout! I did 500 steps on the stair stepper again, and I was so proud of myself because I had planned to just do 300 steps, but I hit 300 and I just kept going and going!

Hopefully, it will be nice tomorrow, so I can take my dog for a walk on the beach, rather than going to the gym and spending 20 dollars on gas. I could really use a light day after the last couple of days  :happy0151:.
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2014, 08:58:29 AM »
Surfing must be a great thrill, one gigantic roller coaster ride.

It is good to give the body a rest some days. Walking is always so good. Weigh-ins are coming along nicely. A little starvation now and then helps too as long as I then don't crash and eat every last drop of chocolate hiding in the cupboard or freezer. Chocolate covered fruit bars are a menace.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2014, 03:47:04 PM »
I have the same problem Tinam. I experimented with fasting, but I would get so hungry I would end up eating everything in the kitchen, and usually it was the most unhealthy food I could eat. So I actually gained, rather than lost weight.

What seems to be working for me is working out in the morning then eating my biggest fattiest meal of the day as early as possible. Then I replace one meal a day with a 30 gram protein shake.

Last night I actually drank a protein shake with whey protein, low calorie almond milk, and a bannana and I was satisfied and when I weighed myself this morning I was only .1 pounds from one of my weightloss goals this month.

Unfortunately, I have to have a full stomache at night before I go to bed Otherwise, I can't sleep. I have been eating yoghurt, blueberries, walnuts, and honey before going to bed, but I think I'm going to switch to the whey protein, almond milk, and bannana protein shake. I think it has less calories, more protein, and it's just as filling.  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share