Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Weight loss Journey... Biggest Loser: Anxiety Zone Edition  (Read 5872 times)

Online tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
Re: Weight loss Journey... Biggest Loser: Anxiety Zone Edition
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2014, 08:02:44 AM »
Gorging in pm is the worst. As the saying goes, "Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a queen, and supper like a pauper."

My kingdom comes midday. Then the mystery is will there be anything else thereafter? It makes sense to scale down because in the course of the day we have the chance to burn off calories, but not when we are sleeping. Yet people like to eat late, full course suppers with plenty desserts. The desserts contain the sugar which is about as addictive as alcohol. Often I floss and brush my teeth by 3 pm and after that it is only water, or tea, or juice. Won't go through that work again. A mindset, which can work.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2014, 03:35:23 PM »
I worked out hard every day this week. Normally I interchange harder days with lighter days, but my lighter days consist of walking or doing art projects and the weather has been bad, and I don't have any art projects to work on.

I have to discipline myself, to not go to town and workout. I love exercise, but everytime I go to town to workout it costs 20$ in gas, and there comes a time if you're lifting weights, that you get diminishing returns.

Bookmark and Share
I'm working on being happy with what I can do, rather than sad for what I cannot do

Online tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2014, 09:31:41 AM »
You can be creative at little expense right at home. This place is a mini gym with objects I've collected over time. Free weights, medicine ball, stretch bands, fit-ball, ankle weights, etc. Put on favorite music and heart and lungs and muscles will thank you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #63 on: March 16, 2014, 08:06:06 PM »
I'm trying to figure out whether to lift tomorrow or not. I took a day off yesterday and today I had a great chest day. If i take tomorrow off (monday) I could have a great day on Tuesday, and I have to go to town on Tuesday anyway, and I always try to fit in a workout whenever I go to town.

The hard part will be being disciplined tomorrow and not going to town to workout. Hopefully, it won't rain tomorrow, and I can take my dog for a walk on the beach. That will make it easier!
Bookmark and Share
I'm working on being happy with what I can do, rather than sad for what I cannot do

Offline GenSec

• Rec's: 55
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2014, 09:24:58 AM »
Ooh, a weight loss thread! :happy0158: Might i be allowed to join in!? :laugh3:

A brief intro; i'm a (slightly) overweight guy in my late 20's and have been this way for years ever since i was put on beta blockers for my anxiety disorder. Previous to my doctor putting me on them i was always either slim or even mildly underweight. Although i'm no longer on the beta blockers the weight didn't come off. :mad0228:

The normal weight for a guy of my height is 170 lbs. Before beginning my diet about 5-6 weeks ago i weighed in at 205 lbs. :-* Every friday i weigh myself to check my progress. So far, i've lost 8 lbs. On average i lose 1 or 2 lbs a week. So thats another 27 lbs i've yet to get through!

Although i do live near a gym, i don't really want to get all muscly and bulky, lol! :laugh3: Working out, weights and all that doesn't appeal to me. I would like to return to the slim, slender looking guy i once was. So the only exercise i've been doing so far are gentle walks (i do also have knee issues so my doctor has told me not to do anything like football in case i suffer a knee popout like my sister has suffered). :o Mainly i focus on my diet... i very carefully watch my calorie and sugar intake. I've come to understand that my when suffering from anxiety bouts i tend to comfort eat sugary/fatty foods. So far i've cut chocolate down to 2 bars a week at most (previously that figure was daily), cut out crisps/chips entirely, and i drink alot of water rather than fizzy drinks. And already i do feel healthier. :winking0008: I'm quite lucky i guess in that i'm slowly, steadily losing the weight without having to really exert myself. If i can continue losing 1 or 2 lbs a week then i'm happy with my progress.

Best wishes to you all. :sign0169:
Gen.
Bookmark and Share

Online tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2014, 10:54:47 AM »
This is too exciting for words. We are attracting others. We are destined to be health freaks and live to........ :jumping0009:esp. if head banging stops. Just jumping jacks. What the heck, where is the jumping jack?
Bookmark and Share

Offline GenSec

• Poke This Member
« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2014, 01:54:26 PM »
This is too exciting for words. We are attracting others. We are destined to be health freaks and live to........ :jumping0009:esp. if head banging stops. Just jumping jacks. What the heck, where is the jumping jack?

Sorry to disappoint you, but i seriously doubt that i'll EVER be a health freak! :P All i want is to no longer be chubby! :laugh3:

There's no way i could give up chocolate, takeaways or fried chicken in my life forever... if i had to then you may as well shoot me now as i'd see little point in going on much longer, haha! :sick0002: No, all i'm looking for is to learn healthy behaviours that allows me to lose the excess weight yet continue to enjoy all these things in moderation. :winking0008: Thats why since the start of my diet i've cut down from 2-3 takeaways a week to just 1. I make it my weekend reward! ;D

And  :mad0228: is more amusing than any jumping jack!

Regards,
Gen.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2014, 04:18:11 PM »
Welcome GenSec!

Well today worked out perfect! It wasn't raining, so I was able to take my dog for a long walk on the beach! The wind was blowing so hard when I was walking towards the North that it was a good resistance and a good aerobic workout, and when I turned around and walked south the wind was at my back, so I walked in the soft sand to get a betterleg workout.

What a great day! I didn't have to spend any money on gas and I was able to get a good resistance and aerobic workout. Plus, my dog got a walk, and she was really into it today, chasing seagulls, running in the dunes, awesome!

Tomorrow should be an awesome shoulder, back, and biceps day!
Bookmark and Share

Online tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2014, 07:40:16 AM »
Know about that north wind. Good calorie burner. Now what's on tap for biceps, back, shoulders? Push-ups? How about plank, reverse plank, side plank? (yoga).

Am with you GS. Won't give up favorites. Moderation is key, as you say. And weighing in at the same time is necessary too. Now am sorry to insert the hard reality that it is much more difficult to keep the weight off than to get it off to begin with. Takes ever greater vigilance. Together we can do it. :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #69 on: March 18, 2014, 09:03:37 PM »
My dad told me the same thing just the other day. I hope it isn't true because losing weight has not been easy, and it seams counter-intuitive that it would be more difficult to stay trim once you are trim, but if I ever do lose all this weight, I'm not going to do anything differently. I'm going to exercise just as much and just as hard as I am now.

My shoulders, back, and biceps workout was difficult today, despite taking yesterday off. I woke up in the middle of the night and I couldn't get back to sleep, so I took some klonapin, trazadone, valerian, and phenibut. The good news is I fell asleep and I slept through the night. The bad news is I was really drained in my workout today!
Bookmark and Share

Offline GenSec

• Poke This Member
« Reply #70 on: March 19, 2014, 05:34:43 PM »
Kind thanks! :winking0008:

I admire the amount of effort you're putting into your endeavours, AA. :yes: You're putting in so much daily effort. In contrast, i'm forced to admit i'm lazy.  :angel-smiley-006: :laugh3: I would never go near my local gym, and i have no intention of doing exercise on a regular basis. So i focus on regulating my diet instead. So far its been working, with 1 or 2 lbs lost every week. I'm not greatly overweight or obese or anything so i don't have to lose a lot of weight every week to make it worth the effort. At some point however diet changes may simply not be enough for further weight loss.

Weigh-in day is a couple of days away for me... hopefully progress remains slow and steady. Hopefully, that will also mean that the weight is easier to keep off! I was always very slim until a few years ago, so hopefully it will be easy to return to being that way once again. My build has never been very muscly, manly or macho, i think i'm naturally slender so i'm happy to remain that way - anyway, anything is better than the chubby chap i am currently, lol! ;D
Bookmark and Share

Online tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2014, 07:49:14 AM »
We want to be Slim Jims but a bit of muscle is nice too. For one thing, I want tight triceps and a sixpack of sorts to support the spine. So I exercise at home and go to the gym.

Rather than just depriving myself of goodies, I try to reward myself with exercise even if it is just walking. The best reward is when I seem to appear slim and trim in a sporty outfit.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2014, 08:31:11 PM »
Thanks for the compliment Gensec!

Working out is really easy for me. I took seroquel for a couple years and I gained 60 pounds, and I developed fatty liver disease. So I have plenty of motivation to get in shape!

Losing weight and getting in shape could literally be the difference between life and death. Plus I'm in less pain after I exercise.

But I also want to surf better. I tried surfing when I was 60 pounds overweight and I can literally count on one hand the number of waves I caught, and that's surfing 3+ days a week. I've had sessions in the past when I was in shape when I've caught 15+ waves.

I also want to feel better about myself, and losing weight and getting in shape was my goal this winter. Winters can be long, dark, and grey in the northwest, so I have to have something to do to make the winters go by as fast as possible!
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #73 on: March 22, 2014, 06:05:05 PM »
Great news guys, the gym I go to bought a new stair stepper and it's up and operational!!!!-LOL

I was so excited I did 500 steps on it today!!!  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Online tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2014, 09:00:51 AM »
The stair stepper really makes a lot of sense. Instead of weights you are lifting your entire body weight with your legs. In push-ups, the arms and shoulders do the work. Can do them only off a fit-ball.

Will be running stairs here today every chance I get. And avoid the desserts.
Bookmark and Share